All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think McPake knows it's an issue 

This is where I'm not entirely sure. Have we even been linked with any other goalkeepers or even been spoke about that it is a weakness, apart from the fans suggesting so ? ( I presume so) 

But one did presume we were never going to sign another goalkeeper or a number one certainly 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Just let everybody in and if we all die then so be it, it'll save us from the bleeding of the eys we usually have to endure. 

In my opinion covid is more of a danger politically than physically, but its not us who make those decisions.

As things stand, they'd have to find a way to replace physical tickets, check everyone in safely, have details to contact everyone who attends, get them out socially distanced and deal with cleanup for every match.

I imagine fines everywhere too should something go wrong. Its too much hassle, again as things stand.

I say let us go back to licking the inside of strangers mouths and let covid do its thing to be honest.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

This is where I'm not entirely sure. Have we even been linked with any other goalkeepers or even been spoke about that it is a weakness, apart from the fans suggesting so ? ( I presume so) 

But one did presume we were never going to sign another goalkeeper or a number one certainly 

What makes you think that a bunch of old, fat, borderline alcoholics would have the slightest idea of who we were going too sign?  

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

The fact he brought in hazard when Hamilton hurt his finger and extended his loan tells me he sees the weakness there, even the season or so before McIntyre identified a new keeper in dieng although not an improvement it was at the very least different 

Edited by D TOTAL

And that he brought him back in January when Hamilton was still fit

I’m afraid that says it all. Flapjack is a liability and flogs too many goals. I hope he gets better with age for his sake but we can’t wait until he’s 35! I wonder if we’ll see Hazard back at Dens.

3 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I’m afraid that says it all. Flapjack is a liability and flogs too many goals. I hope he gets better with age for his sake but we can’t wait until he’s 35! I wonder if we’ll see Hazard back at Dens.

I would have took Letheren back but he just signed for Chesterfield a month or two ago.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Who said they were prospects? 

Pretty much everyone on here at one point was saying to play henvey and Scott as they were banging them in at under 21 or reserve level

32 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

The fact he brought in hazard when Hamilton hurt his finger and extended his loan tells me he sees the weakness there, even the season or so before McIntyre identified a new keeper in dieng although not an improvement it was at the very least different 

So we have had bother the whole time with the keeper. Mcpake clearly knows the issue but he is still going to be our number 1 keeper going into the new season ? ( i hope I'm wrong and this comes back to bite me ).

Team after team have found it much harder to get out of this league than they thought it was going to be, bar Hearts (ok and ICT)! Every team you play sees it as a cup final. If they get off to a great start they will be off cantering but a dodgy start and who knows. Less games as well, harder to recover from a few weeks of discovering it’s a tougher than you imagined.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Team after team have found it much harder to get out of this league than they thought it was going to be, bar Hearts (ok and ICT)! Every team you play sees it as a cup final. If they get off to a great start they will be off cantering but a dodgy start and who knows. Less games as well, harder to recover from a few weeks of discovering it’s a tougher than you imagined.

Massive game on the 16th. Need to take something from the game to start letting the pressure build down Gorgie way. Not going to happen as it stands with the goalkeeper. 

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Massive game on the 16th. Need to take something from the game to start letting the pressure build down Gorgie way. Not going to happen as it stands with the goalkeeper. 

I dunno considering how pre season went Hamilton has been pretty decent with only 2 goals conceded with 1 of them being possibly offside, so I’m oddly actually quite confident 

12 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I dunno considering how pre season went Hamilton has been pretty decent with only 2 goals conceded with 1 of them being possibly offside, so I’m oddly actually quite confident 

I'm still very concerned about flapjack but might help having a team capable of pressing opposition and keeping the ball up the pitch rather than sitting back or constantly losing possession and having to rely on the defence/keeper as much...

I say this more in hope than actual belief tho

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

I'm still very concerned about flapjack but might help having a team capable of pressing opposition and keeping the ball up the pitch rather than sitting back or constantly losing possession and having to rely on the defence/keeper as much...

I say this more in hope than actual belief tho

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Choosing to believe for the time being Hamilton will be in top form with no crowds and some confidence. Sure that'll be oot the window when Hearts put 4 past him, but for the time being that's what I'm telling myself.

Was just about to say about the crowd aspect it’s gotta be to every Dundee players benefit to not have the better part of 3000 folk calling them lazy fat useless c...s