All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Gordon "Let's get the tall lads and lasses clapping cheeks" Strachan?

Aye him. Hes surely experienced enough to understand you dont commit to 6/7/8 over 30s for 2 (or more) years all at the same time.

24 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Dundee are bat shit fucking crazy and I'm getting very tired of it.

It's not gone unnoticed.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-championship-9-teams-battle-it-out-for-it-all-in-world-footballs-best-final-day-the-odd-one-out-4129786

This is the Scottish Championship. So often an enthralling and fascinating division. A capricious beast made all the more unpredictable with the introduction of the play-offs and the presence of one of the most untrustworthy teams in Scottish football, Dundee.
The Dens Park men fall into a category of Scottish clubs who have a proclivity to produce the unexpected just when you expect them to do one particular thing. Dundee Football Club possess this special quality, more than any other, to opt for the route more complicated, challenging but compelling. The father who has no interest in Google Maps, traditional maps or road signs, instead leading his family across the continent in a whimsical fashion and unreliable motor on nothing more than instinct and vibes.

Take last Friday night as the perfect example. A home game on the television against a Cove Rangers side who, coming into the fixture, had conceded six goals in a game more times in 2023 than had kept clean sheets. Three points and up the road, putting pressure on title challengers Queen’s Park who had a tricky assignment the following day at Greenock Morton. The most obvious and straightforward of routes. Dundee, of course, opted for one which was far more in keeping with Wacky Races. They could only draw 0-0, Lee Ashcroft hitting the woodwork in stoppage time to win it for the home side. Naturally, Queen's Park lost the following day meaning Dundee would have been Championship winners if they had won. Now, they go to Ochilview needing just a point to return to the Premiership. It perfectly sums up Gary Bowyer’s first year in charge. Just when they look like they are kicking on under the popular Englishman, they don’t.

This is why you can only stand back and admire Dundee and their one win from five games since trouncing Hamilton Accies 7-0. An incredible penchant for putting their long-suffering supporters through the wringer as the rest of Scottish football watches on in amazement. Those same fans camped out for 12 hours to snap up their allocation for Friday night. An incredible commitment.

It's worth remembering that 11 months ago, everyone was convinced we were appointing Shaun Maloney, to the extent that a lookalike was photoed outside Dens and it was proclaimed a done deal.

Maybe history will repeat itself, with Davidson in place of Maloney and (insert random, left-field appointment from England here) in place of Bowyer. 

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Part of you thinks with Strachan there calling him a clown and telling him how to sort things, it could work out well. Strachan would surely veto stupid transfers too.

Then you remember how pig headed Davidson is, to the point his own coaching staff have changed virtually everything (to great effect) within weeks of him leaving and realise that he'd just ignore all the advice anyway.

5-2-3 for the first 3 months, not because its the best thing to do, but just because he wants to show people he was right.

Feels inevitable really, but then this is football. You do wonder if being without a job might’ve given him a different outlook on things, although I don’t think six weeks is long enough for that to happen. 

Edited by PSJ.84

Daily Record saying Bowyer has accepted the Blackpool job. That would make me feel a whole lot better about things and that we've not just went completely mental again.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Glad that he has gone this quickly if he wasn't staying.

Fair fucks to him, he got us up, that's what we asked him to do.

His standing will be a bit higher than it was before so should help him get a job down south but huge pressure on Nelms now to not f**k this up.

Needs a good appointment, quickly, to get a whole new team together.

Not sure I trust him to do that.

Spot on 👍

Bowyer got the job done but very much gave me the fear. Never seen a team set up so ridiculously poorly at defending set pieces. Should’ve had the league won a few weeks ago. Took him long enough to discover 2 up front might just work. 

But got the job done which I’m extremely grateful for  

All the very best Gary. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I know it's a low bar, but he wouldn't be worse than McIntyre and McGhee, IMO.

I’d hope we’d be aiming considerably higher than ‘no worse’ than the two worst and most disliked managers of recent history. 

Davidson is a shite manager and anyone who’s paid attention this season and last would see that. If we appoint him, Nelms can GTF. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was hoping that another club would come along and deflect away from our own shitshow, so thanks guys.

Also, a wee bonus - getting to vote for Yogi again. 

You just got rag dolled by Airdrie mate, nothing is deflecting from that and another season in League 1. Nice try though.