All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Bobby "Lights oot" Linn in the frame for the dens park hotseat!

A rebuild for a former youth prospect of ours who spent his entire career after he left in the lower rungs, and has only just retired from playing.

As much as I like the man, No thanks.

We need someone with a decent coaching pedigree and I don't know if Bobby has even sat his badges between his day job as a scaffie and playing for Arbroath.

21 minutes ago, dburns said:

A rebuild for a former youth prospect of ours who spent his entire career after he left in the lower rungs, and has only just retired from playing.

As much as I like the man, No thanks.

We need someone with a decent coaching pedigree and I don't know if Bobby has even sat his badges between his day job as a scaffie and playing for Arbroath.

That comment was completely "tongue in cheek"Bobby Linn will be nowhere near dens!

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Does this mean we are getting grass?

Reveal hidden contents

0_Dundee-v-Kilmarnock-Scottish-Premiership-Playoff.jpg.fae2cff50d0808791c286cfb272913e5.jpg

Probably as the environmental brigade are targeting plastic pitches, apparently micro plastic gets on the players boots and round the perimeter which is then washed down the drains out to sea for the fish to eat them.

Wokerati abounds.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Probably as the environmental brigade are targeting plastic pitches, apparently micro plastic gets on the players boots and round the perimeter which is then washed down the drains out to sea for the fish to eat them.

Wokerati abounds.

You'll not be saying that Sandy when you choke on a plastic pellet, the next time you're wolfing down a haddock.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Pint at the Arctic bar before walkin up the hulltoon to sign. A man of culture.

Does the Arctic Bar still exist? Was genuinely wondering this the other day. I've no been in the toon centre in decades.

31 minutes ago, DodgyKnee73 said:

Nae idea, but this is amazing. 

Screenshot_20230517-214407.png

If you're on a first date and they suggest the Arctic bar you run like Forrest Gump.

11 hours ago, DodgyKnee73 said:

I ended up there for a couple of pints before going for a few games of snooker at a shady establishment along the street. The reviews seem pretty fair really. 

Where were you playing snooker?

Unless you done this about 30 years ago?

7 minutes ago, DodgyKnee73 said:

Aye it was the early 90s. I'm sure it was called The Base or something. It was opposite the Forum Centre up a load of metal stairs. One snooker table and a few pool tables. I pretty much skived College and spent loads of time there. Only 10p a game on the pool tables. 

Anyhow, back to the burning question - did Margo offer up anything after you wined and dined her?

14 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Does the Arctic Bar still exist? Was genuinely wondering this the other day. I've no been in the toon centre in decades.

Yes it does indeed , and it’s even more of a shithole than before , I was in there about 2 years ago for a function , and when I went to the toilets , there was a lump of human shit in the urinals , when I went and reported it I was told they’d get it sorted soon , it was still there at closing time , writing on the walls outside says , get your coke here with an arrow pointing to the Arctics front door , it’s has to be the mankiest pub in Dundee