All things Dundee FC

I really hope Hartley rests players against Celtic on Wednesday. A cup run is far more important than an unlikely 3 points there. Highly unlikely he would take that approach though.

I was thinking about the Celtic game on the way up to work tonight. Personally to me it's a dead rubber and I'd rest a few key players for it. The likes of Harkins, Hemmings and Stewart should sit out I'd hope.

Play players in their natural position like Low and give players who have a point to prove a game.

:lol: O'Halloran demanded a move and was virtually refusing to play for us after Rangers contacted his agent and made them aware of how much money they'd be getting. Rangers scumbag unsettling tactics screwed us over more than any "belly tickling".

Hopefully the same doesnt happen with you lot and Stewart.

If I'm remembering correctly, that's exactly how that little rat nacho novo got his move to the original rangers.

Beginning to think Arturo has a bit of the Luka's.

He's not had much game time. Probably about 40 mins so far at a guess? But at least this situation is quite different. As instead of having David Clarkson and Paul Heffernan to fall back on we have Hemmings, Loy and Wighton... We'll be fine :)

On the subject of Loy - I feel quite bad for him. I get the impression he was dissapointed with his game time, then when he does get a start it's on the left where he just isn't good enough.

Hopefully we do indeed rest players for the Celtic game. I'd rather see some fresh faces give it a go than have our best 11 sit in our own box and get pumped.

Suppose you are correct. Hopefully he rests a few defenders though. Give Kerr, Julen and even Gadz a go. They are capable of doing a job. Take Harkins and Hemmings off same as last night too. Celtic park is a big pitch and I'd really hope they have fresh legs for Saturday. Always the possibility of injuries too.

Is Vincent capable of playing a holding or deeper role?

Yes but I don't think he'd be particularly good at it. I think his best position is playing just behind a striker. That tends to be where we've seen the best from him. His competent in a lot of positions however but not as effective at say right midfield or playing a holding role. I don't think he's strong enough. He's fit enough to chase and hassle opponents but not necessarily to win the ball. He's also been injured a fair bit as well with us. He's struggled to have a consistent run in the team as a result.

Have to say I feel a little bit sorry for Loy. His running last night against Dumbarton was exceptional. Witness a couple of lung busters to cover at left back. Some of his problem could just be down to game time, some players DO lose sharpness when getting splinters sitting on the bench but there is absolutely nothing he can do about it as Hemmings and Stewart are on fire and deserve their berths. Similar to Holt I hope he is just taking a little time to adjust and I'm fairly confident that Pep knows best and in those two we've got it right.

Perhaps some Dee's need to review their expectations, as someone posted earlier our results in 2016 have been little short of phenomenal. Sometimes the football has not been great but given where we were three seasons ago !

Yes but I don't think he'd be particularly good at it. I think his best position is playing just behind a striker. That tends to be where we've seen the best from him. His competent in a lot of positions however but not as effective at say right midfield or playing a holding role. I don't think he's strong enough. He's fit enough to chase and hassle opponents but not necessarily to win the ball. He's also been injured a fair bit as well with us. He's struggled to have a consistent run in the team as a result.

I get the feeling that's where Hartley will play him so that's a little worrying. We've already got plenty of players who can play the role just behind the striker, so probably don't need anyone there. We've kind of converted Nick Ross into a holding role and he's actually starting to adapt well. Has played well there in the last three or four games after looking way out of his depth to begin with.

Although it was against tiring lower league opposition, Wighton looked class when he came on last night. Just shows you that playing with better players he shines instead of playing shite with cloggers at Raith.

Although it was against tiring lower league opposition, Wighton looked class when he came on last night. Just shows you that playing with better players he shines instead of playing shite with cloggers at Raith.

A couple of nice touches and a skinning of the Killie full back with some tidy footwork in the short time he was on on Saturday as well.

Against Celtic, I expect no points as we have no been very good against them in the last two seasons, except the 1-1 draw at Dens at the beginning of last season. So it might make sense to play a team that gives us a bigger opportunity to progress the following Saturday in the Cup by resting a few. All I ask is that we avoid another drubbing!

One of the local papers is claiming that Vincent and Williams are done deals. Both are signing three year contracts with Dundee. Apparently we've not even offered Vincent a contract but we did try and get Williams to stay but he turned us down.

No idea how true this is as you can't read this paper, the Highland News, online.

2004 tickets for rangers. Season ticket sales start online on saturday 8pm and in store sunday. Non season ticket holders have to have a ticket for saturdays game vs inverness if any are left from tuesday onwards.

Don't understand the inverness ticket thing. So if you miss that game you can't go to ibrox?

2004 tickets for rangers. Season ticket sales start online on saturday 8pm and in store sunday. Non season ticket holders have to have a ticket for saturdays game vs inverness if any are left from tuesday onwards.

Don't understand the inverness ticket thing. So if you miss that game you can't go to ibrox?

Unless there's still tickets left over from that and then they'll go on a general sale. It's that pesky Nelmsy and his cunning plan to get more punters in on Saturday.