All things Dundee FC

Hartley has to go imo. He's not looking like turning this round. Somebody else might get a reaction from the players, although that's not guaranteed.

There's no chance we'll get anything at Accies. We'll get bullied off the park, no doubt.

Seething!

His signings, his team, his tactics.  Hartley has to go now.  The team is devoid of ideas.

At the question and answer session an fan suggested to him that we pass the ball about too much in areas that don't matter and  are slow to make meaningful, forward passes (which eventually result in the long punt up the park).  Hartley shot the man down and was adamant that wasn't the case and that we are quick with our passing and decisive.

I'm afraid that confidence now looks nothing more than arrogance.  

His signings appear all over the place.  Even with everyone fully fit I still don't think there will be a balanced team.

Tonight we had the gallows humour when large numbers of fans were shouting 'shoot' whenever any Dundee player (including Bain) got the ball.  Hartley has lost the fans and more importantly he has lost the team.

I'm afraid it's time to go.  Give the new manager as much time as possible to assess the team with a view to doing something in the January transfer window.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

His signings, his team, his tactics.  Hartley has to go now.  The team is devoid of ideas.

At the question and answer session an fan suggested to him that we pass the ball about too much in areas that don't matter and  are slow to make meaningful, forward passes (which eventually result in the long punt up the park).  Hartley shot the man down and was adamant that wasn't the case and that we are quick with our passing and decisive.

I'm afraid that confidence now looks nothing more than arrogance.  

His signings appear all over the place.  Even with everyone fully fit I still don't think there will be a balanced team.

Tonight we had the gallows humour when large numbers of fans were shouting 'shoot' whenever any Dundee player (including Bain) got the ball.  Hartley has lost the fans and more importantly he has lost the team.

I'm afraid it's time to go.  Give the new manager as much time as possible to assess the team with a view to doing something in the January transfer window.

Can't argue much with that. Good post

Can't see him surviving after that, he looked defeated sitting in the dugout after the second went in. Shame because I liked him.

I liked him too Biggie, I think we all did but it's a results game.

Nobody can say we're rushing into it, he's had 3 years. At the end of the day it's the signings that have done him. Too much shite.

Okay so ive calmed down a little and had a reflection.

My problem with Hartley is his stubbornness and arrogance at times that he has '' a great bunch of lads to work with '' and that we just need luck. Theres a big difference between playing well and just getting unlucky than just blatantly not deserving anything from games which is us.

Pre season with the Mallan deal, he knew Mallan want to join and that st mirren had a price. His arrogance to offer a pathetic offer then not to just pay the money pissed me off. The exact type of player we need, someone to link the play from midfield to attack which would let Faiss use his pace to get in behind.

I feel sorry for Odea, Gowser, kerr and Wighton. Probably the only 4 who actually give a f**k.

Would another manager get more out of this squad? possibly.

we have 7 wins in 28 league games this year, that is woeful, absolutely woeful and thats with Hemmings, Harkins and Stewart for the majority of them.

GGH was right Hartley, signings are shite.

Absolutely spot on. O'Dea the only player to get pass marks.

Hateley is completely finished.

Hartley has had 3 years and the team we put out tonight appears little better than the one he inherited. A collection of utterly bizarre signings, a lot of whom got 3 year deals. I would take Benidictus, David and McCallister in front of Gomis, Julen, Vincent, Ross, Williams, Hateley etc.

When was the last time a Dundee player beat the full back, got to the bye line and crossed?

Nicky Riley

Tonight was awful - one of the worst performances in years.

I wouldn't get too down though. The Arabs laugh, yet got relegated at their rivals ground just a few months ago. It's quite incredible. The same fannies didn't even bother to turn up at Dens for their farewell to the top division. That's how football works though; if we get relegated, then a few months after the initial horror, it's accepted, and we move on. 

Supporting a team shouldn't be about yearning for success. We support Dundee and always will. Success is secondary to our support. The feeling you had when that second goal went in tonight was what football means. The feeling you had when Wighton scored that last minute goal was what football means. Not what's fed to you from the Sky Sports bassa's.

The thing that makes this club great to follow is the ups and downs that come with it. In years to come we'll laugh at the pathetic performance against Partick in a 2 0 loss over a pint with a fellow Dee. Try to not get caught up in it. If we're in the Championship next year we'll be talking about a victory over shite like Morton at this time next year, ripping the piss out the b*****ds. If we stay up, then great. Let's just see what happens. 

To gain the Saturday 3pm kick offs, week in week out. Lose the 12pm trips to Perth on a Sunday. The 12.15pm home games to Celtic. I don't care tbh. One thing will remain and that's me enjoying the Dees from my seat at Dens Park.

Thank you very fucking much. 

I woke up on Monday morning hoping that the St Johnstone game had been some horrific, hangover induced terror dream, but unfortunately it appears it actually happened. It looked like a bunch of footballers thrown together in the same coloured strips for a charity match rather than an actual team. There is not a chance we're avoiding automatic relegation unless the Yanks spend the £750k plus super stadium cash to get Stewart and Hemmings back on loan and get in a Cannigia/Caballero/Nemsadze management dream team.

6 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Supporting a team shouldn't be about yearning for success. We support Dundee and always will. Success is secondary to our support.

Correct, and the same for the other 9 decent clubs in the league. Something the snow aff a dyke OF 'support' will never understand.

7 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The thing that makes this club great to follow is the ups and downs that come with it. In years to come we'll laugh at the pathetic performance against Partick in a 2 0 loss over a pint with a fellow Dee.

I now look back and laugh at the 1-0 home loss to already-relegated Brechin in front of 1,800 fans.

It does also provide a little comfort - no matter how bad we are now, we could never plunge to the depths Kernaghan took us.