Will you still go and watch future Scotland games ?

lemmy

Also remember the booing of the Liechtenstein national anthem in the Euro 2012 qualifiers as its the same tune as GSTQ, f*ckin pathetic.

Also remember the booing of the Liechtenstein national anthem in the Euro 2012 qualifiers as its the same tune as GSTQ, f*ckin pathetic.

^^^^ sectarian

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only time I ever doubted this was when the TA booed a Scottish player who was wearing the Dark Blue just because he played for Rangers, it truly was an awful, shameful spectacle.

I agree club allegencies should be forgotten when on national duty.

Is that Ian Black you're referring to? I don't think the booing was specifically because he was a Rangers player and more the circumstances surrounding his selection and a general frustration with the SFA over their handling of the Rangers administration situation.

Aye we have morons, aye we have fuckwits in our fan base, fully admitting this, however...

Scotland have historically had a higher % of Rangers fans within their ranks than any other team, I am proud to be a Scotland fan and proud to support Rangers, I have no intentions of throwing any towel in (anyone who does is no true fan), no amount of hand-wringing or self proclamations of how much you all hate Rangers will ever change that for either team, the only time I ever doubted this was when the TA booed a Scottish player who was wearing the Dark Blue just because he played for Rangers, it truly was an awful, shameful spectacle.

That Ian Black thing was down to him playing for Rangers?

What other reason would a player making his debut for Scotland with 5 minutes to go in a friendly game that was being won 3:1 get booed for?

There were many that as much admitted it and a few that tried to blame it all on Hibs fans, once a player pulls on that jersey, club no longer matters, questioning his selection was justified, booing the guy when he runs on the pitch was not.

I agree.

What other reason would a player making his debut for Scotland with 5 minutes to go in a friendly game that was being won 3:1 get booed for?

There were many that as much admitted it and a few that tried to blame it all on Hibs fans, once a player pulls on that jersey, club no longer matters, questioning his selection was justified, booing the guy when he runs on the pitch was not.

I agree that the booing was entirely unacceptable, but I thought it was because he had just left Hearts and was playing at Easter Road, that game being only a few months after 5-1?

Ian Black certainly didn't deserve a call up, maybe that was a factor?

If I remember correctly it was a backlash against Levein after he said he wouldn't pick any players from the 3rd then when someone dropped out and everyone was shouting for someone to get called up he called up Black.

Still unacceptable mind.

A potent cocktail of contributory factors saw Black hounded. He’s an ex-Jambo who was playing on Hibs’ home turf days after national boss Craig Levein did a U-turn on selecting guys from the Third Division.

^ from a Daily Rangers article. I remember that's why I was annoyed. I would still never boo anyone.

Yet another pishy referendum thread full of the same old shite. This has to be the weirdest though. Some of the kilted dafties are now turning their backs on their beloved national team which they have followed for ever because the majority have voted no?!?!?!?

You couldn't make this up :lol:

Yet another pishy referendum thread full of the same old shite. This has to be the weirdest though. Some of the kilted dafties are now turning their backs on their beloved national team which they have followed for ever because the majority have voted no?!?!?!?

You couldn't make this up :lol:

You GENUINELY could make this up.

Picture the scene. We have a chance to end Westminster rule and govern our own affairs. In an extraordinary showing of shitey pants, deference, subjugation and fear just over half the vote knocks back this opportunity and say we'd really rather still Westminster telt us what to do.

Fast forward a few weeks and we're playing England. The team stroll out. A tune starts, and craven Scotland fans sing a song containing the following lyrics:

"But we can still rise now

And be the nation again"

How do you genuinely think the massed Engerlund fans will react to that?

You GENUINELY could make this up.

Picture the scene. We have a chance to end Westminster rule and govern our own affairs. In an extraordinary showing of shitey pants, deference, subjugation and fear just over half the vote knocks back this opportunity and say we'd really rather still Westminster telt us what to do.

Fast forward a few weeks and we're playing England. The team stroll out. A tune starts, and craven Scotland fans sing a song containing the following lyrics:

"But we can still rise now

And be the nation again"

How do you genuinely think the massed Engerlund fans will react to that?

You REALLY do need to get over this....it's not the end of the world.

You would be just as bad with them if it had went the other way.

You REALLY do need to get over this....it's not the end of the world.

You would be just as bad with them if it had went the other way.

Thanks for the sound advice about getting over it. I'll do just that.

:1eye

Some of these threads are getting utterly ridiculous. Upset about the vote so 'boycotting the fitba'.

f**k Scotland, we can't do anything so I'm also for boycotting driving on Mcadamised country roads.

If ill I shall avoid pencillin and general anaesthetics for surgery.

I'll never go to the refridgerator again and I'll kick West Highland Terriers.

No Irn Bru and Squared Sausage for me. Also, too much of a red neck to put a bunnet on. I'll use our pound but be too embarrassed to be seen at an ATM putting in my PIN to get the money out.

Someone will be calling my telephone but I'll be too raging and affronted to pick it up. I can't even switch on the telly as it's a sickening reminder of how we turned our back on independence.

c***s.

Some of these threads are getting utterly ridiculous. Upset about the vote so 'boycotting the fitba'.

f**k Scotland, we can't do anything so I'm also for boycotting driving on Mcadamised country roads.

No Irn Bru and Squared Sausage for me. Also, too much of a red neck to put a bunnet on. I'll use our pound but be too embarrassed to be seen at an ATM putting in my PIN to get the money out.

Someone will be calling my telephone but I'll be too raging and affronted to pick it up. I can't even switch on the telly as it's a sickening reminder of how we turned our back on independence.

c***s.

:lol:

c***s.

I laughed

Archived