Will you still go and watch future Scotland games ?

lemmy

Scotland is still a nation within a union of nations, or did you miss all that. As for Flower of Scotland it was only adopted as the Scottish National Anthem fairly recently through sport, the true Scottish National Anthem is and should always be Scotland The Brave.

Were a fucking colony.

A colony by definition is a territory (Scotland) under the immediate political control of a state, distinct from the home territory of the sovereign. (England)

England controls us. What THE GOOD PEOPLE OF ENGLAND want is what WE get. Westminster controls our parliament. Our parliament survives off of grants and 'devolved powers' from another one that controls it. THEY decide what WE can do. They're already going back on everything they've said, they've lied, but now we are POWERLESS to change it as we are such a small irrelevant part of the UK. We have a voice of 5 million in a Union of 65 million. I think it really hit home when reading comments on social media from English people saying that we belong to them, how can we argue that? We can't.

ETA: we are also a fucking joke.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've mentioned him a few times in either this thread or various ones. What's the deal, and can you tell me about him? A no voting 'proud Scot'? Is he not the ''TA spokesman''.

What's the script with you scribbling his name in a few threads these last days?

Yes: Hamish Husband is a self-appointed Tartan Army spokesman - who, if he was following the views of most of his craven TA "foot-soldiers" in Moray, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Fife etc., would have voted No on Thursday evening. But still, if they get to wear their kilts and feather hats while having a piss-up in the likes of Poland, no need to follow up on their 90 minute patriotism.

Until England and Ireland, and the hangers-on for both teams, utterly destroy their remaining credibility, that is.

You know I never even thought about that.

I can't wait for the no voting TA members I know to go to Dublin and try their wacky funster football fwend patter, only to get their arses handed to them by the Dubs.

That's the thing: the English will actually be the most lenient on them: compared to the scum on the streets of Glasgow yesterday who will return. the ROIrish will absolutely roast them: no offence intended, but the North British really will be the Hibs of international football.

That's the thing: the English will actually be the most lenient on them: compared to the scum on the streets of Glasgow yesterday who will return. the ROIrish will absolutely roast them: no offence intended, but the North British really will be the Hibs of international football.

Seems a bit harsh bringing Hibs in to this analogy when Hibs are one of the few clubs (if any) with supporters who openly backed the yes campaign.

I'd say we're more like some perma-irrelevance like Cowdenbeath or, no offence intended, Greenock Morton.

Yes: Hamish Husband is a self-appointed Tartan Army spokesman - who, if he was following the views of most of his craven TA "foot-soldiers" in Moray, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Fife etc., would have voted No on Thursday evening. But still, if they get to wear their kilts and feather hats while having a piss-up in the likes of Poland, no need to follow up on their 90 minute patriotism.

Until England and Ireland, and the hangers-on for both teams, utterly destroy their remaining credibility, that is.

Oot of Greenies, but I'll give you one tomorrow.

I'm from an ''SNP heartland'' and voted yes, but agree absolutely with your views.

I said in this thread I'll watch Scotland like I would if it was ''pick two random teams from the fucking English Championship on a Friday night'' and I had no plans. I wish them no harm or ill, but there's absolutley no way I will be watching those 2 games you mentioned either.

As for the rugby team, LOLZ! look forward to seeing Andy Nicoll or whatever proud Jock has to paint up a 25-10 loss to Italy and 6th place finish again dressed like a Brigadoon reject.

Seems a bit harsh bringing Hibs in to this analogy when Hibs are one of the few clubs (if any) with supporters who openly backed the yes campaign.

I'd say we're more like some perma-irrelevance like Cowdenbeath or, no offence intended, Greenock Morton.

I was referring to a team who consider themselves on a level playing field with modest opponents, but will never prove to be the case. Scotland and ROI is that sort of Hibs-esque disaster for the Tartan Army - shades of the 5-1 cup game tbh. If Gibraltar also manage to take the piss out of Hamish then fair play, Morton are also entered into the comparison.

Agreed.

I feel so sad for Hibs because they are so pathetic and pish, and one of the soundest c***s I know in real life is a Hibs man and goes week in/week out and he lives 80 miles from Edinburgh and spends a huge amount of cash to go see them draw 2-2 with Cowdenbeath, and we have Sodje's tadjur and Erin, who are both great c***s too.

I want to hug Hibees and tell them I love them.

I'll take that - Hibs are Scotland. Usually wait for our highest profile moments to embarrass ourselves.

Morton though took our easily shitest player from our worst season (plus an ex-Hibby who was literally obese) and got relegated to a league that their players once cheated to stay in.

If Hibs are Scotland, Morton is the Independence movement in Wales.

I'll take that - Hibs are Scotland. Usually wait for our highest profile moments to embarrass ourselves.

Morton though took our easily shitest player from our worst season (plus an ex-Hibby who was literally obese) and got relegated to a league that their players once cheated to stay in.

Well indeed. You went to a decisive decision in front of a major audience (Scottish Cup Final v Hearts) and got humiliated to the point where your club, let's face it, can never truly recover even a shred of dignity. We just get humiliated regularly at a level where nobody really pays attention. 10-2? Who cares eh, The Rangers weren't in the league that season so for the media that division wasn't a big deal.

And, much like the Welsh football side, we still somehow manage to embarrass you whenever we meet.

Agreed.

I feel so sad for Hibs because they are so pathetic and pish, and one of the soundest c***s I know in real life is a Hibs man and goes week in/week out and he lives 80 miles from Edinburgh and spends a huge amount of cash to go see them draw 2-2 with Cowdenbeath, and we have Sodje's tadjur and Erin, who are both great c***s too.

I want to hug Hibees and tell them I love them.

Some guy.

Hibs really aren't like Scotland at all. Hibs are losers but the vast majority of people associated with them have done nothing to make that the case. Future generations will be like Hibs fans now, born in to a lifetime of mediocrity and laughter thanks to the decisions of others. Until then Scotland is more like Portsmouth or someone, marooned in some backwater because they thought letting someone control you for his own amusement was more desirable than doing it yourself.

this seems like a sensible thread , where sensible people say sensible things.

It's quite telling that all these pages later, RedRob and The Kincardine still have not, despite repeated requests, condemned sectarian songs.

I thought I hated Rangers before, but the behaviour of most Rangers fans in the build up to the vote and specifically the disgusting scenes in George Square the other night MUST cement them as the most despicable club team in the region formerly known as Scotland.

I thought I hated Rangers before, but the behaviour of most Rangers fans in the build up to the vote

You really are behaving like a petulant child.

Wallowing in pathetic self pity and still seeing the world through the prism of football clubs.

You really are behaving like a petulant child.

Wallowing in pathetic self pity and still seeing the world through the prism of football clubs.

Tell me then, those delightful chaps in George Square the other night who were marching around, burning saltires. assaulting young lassies and beating strangers up. Were they or were they not almost exclusively Rangers fans?

Take your time.

Archived