Will you still go and watch future Scotland games ?

lemmy

Standard meanignless passive aggressive response noted, any kind of point not.

Notice the thread title "Will you still go.." If you can find where I've instructed anyone else what to do/think here, I will apologise for being a dick. My opinion is that a Scotland football team is now a bit cringeworthy and that I have no desire to support one. Being a bit curious as to why No voting Scotland fans think we're more deserving than anyone else isn't such an awful thing. Other than mocking a very particular cultural grouping with the Hamish chat, I don't think expressing an opinion on the actual subject of the thread is something I need to be "better than".

And aye rejecting Independence is nothing like operating in a free market, so the analogy doesn't do it for me.

I wasn't suggesting you were telling anyone not to support Scotland or your decision to no longer support Scotland......my comment was aimed at you suggesting we are no longer a Nation. Not all of rhe 2m No voters are against Scotland having more say in the running of our Country....and thanks to the closeness of tge vote I think we'll get that (along with Wales, NI & England).

The EU is not been a free market for a long long time but evolving into a Superstate complete with its own currency. (Don't take that as me saying I'm completely against the EU.......just not in this guise)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controversial but I'd say that vote pretty much confirms us as a colony.

A colony is a territory (Scotland) under the immediate political control of a state, distinct from the home territory of the sovereign. (England)

England controls us. What THE PEOPLE OF ENGLAND want is what WE get. Westminster controls our parliament. Our parliament survives off of grants and 'devolved powers' from another one. THEY decide what WE can do.

We are now Team GB in my opinion and I'd never thought I'd say that.

Controversial but I'd say that vote pretty much confirms us as a colony.

A colony is a territory (Scotland) under the immediate political control of a state, distinct from the home territory of the sovereign. (England)

England controls us. What THE PEOPLE OF ENGLAND want is what WE get. Westminster controls our parliament. Our parliament survives off of grants and 'devolved powers' from another one. THEY decide what WE can do.

We are now Team GB in my opinion and I'd never thought I'd say that.

Tbf, we're an unused sub in Team GB.

We deserve nothing more.

I wasn't suggesting you were telling anyone not to support Scotland or your decision to no longer support Scotland......my comment was aimed at you suggesting we are no longer a Nation. Not all of rhe 2m No voters are against Scotland having more say in the running of our Country....and thanks to the closeness of tge vote I think we'll get that (along with Wales, NI & England).

The EU is not been a free market for a long long time but evolving into a Superstate complete with its own currency. (Don't take that as me saying I'm completely against the EU.......just not in this guise)

Nationality is often subjective. Feel free to see Scotland how you like but I just don't see if is a country now. That's honestly how I see it, so I can't apologise for it.

I'm mixed on the EU. By any description I don't consider it a state of any kind though so it doesn't come into my thinking about Scotland. Again that's entirely each to their own.

I'm supporting Ireland. Ireland faced genuine resistance in the way of them being able to "be a nation again", but they went and did it because they knew they could do it. All we faced was the least convincing political campaign ever which basically said "careful now" and we shat our wee pants.

I hate how we think we're this proud wee quirky nation because we dress up in skirts and play the bagpipes, but when it comes to demanding the right to have our own powers and make politicians accountable to us (what being a nation should be about) we don't want it. I hope Scotland get pumped and Euro 2016 is for countries only.

I don't think I could ever watch Scotland play and not support them. When push comes to shove, that's how it will be for pretty much everyone on here.

True, but I won't go out of my way to watch them - and I couldn't sing the anthem. Never really liked it, but honkingly embarrassing now.

I don't think I could ever watch Scotland play and not support them. When push comes to shove, that's how it will be for pretty much everyone on here.

That's how i feel.

I also feel that politics and football shouldn't mix (same with religion and football), which is why this thread baffles me a bit.

How can we play against countries who have bled and had wars and lost lives to get their freedom and we couldn't even have a majority of our citizens put a cross in a box?

How can we sing Flower of Scotland or Scotland the Brave without fainting with embarrassment?

How can we consider ourselves a nation when the majority of us would prefer to be ruled by Westminster?

It is for these reasons and many more that I'm done with Scotland.

I wish the team well but my passion is gone, they are like a plastic EPL team to me now. The Tartan army is just embarrassing, with their stupid hats and raging alcholism. They love to display every cliche about Scottish people.

Saw this when out today

Bx-sJGvIIAA1hHY.jpg

Rugby fans love all this twee Brigadoon shite and no doubt those middle class p***ks voted No. I personally hope they get scudded in every game they play.

Archived