General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Nick Clegg is now behind Labour in an Ashcroft constituency poll as well. :lol:

I really do wonder if Charles Kennedy could be a goner in Ross, Skye and Lochaber. Hopefully the next batch of Scottish constituency polling does his seat.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Clegg is now behind Labour in an Ashcroft constituency poll as well. :lol:

I really do wonder if Charles Kennedy could be a goner in Ross, Skye and Lochaber. Hopefully the next batch of Scottish constituency polling does his seat.

More Ashcroft polls released?

Can't see Charlie going unless there's a complete demolition job on the Lib Dems leaving them only the islands, he's also prudently done his best to distance himself from the coalition.

More Ashcroft polls released?

He said he'd be doing more closer to the election. Probably sometime in April.

Can't see Charlie going unless there's a complete demolition job on the Lib Dems leaving them only the islands, he's also prudently done his best to distance himself from the coalition.

I don't mind him really.

Although Liberal support won't collapse in his seat like it will elsewhere across the mainland, he will certainly lose a fair chunk of it. In 2010, his share of the vote fell 6.1% and the SNP's went up 5.5%. There will be a far bigger swing this time and Labour will do much poorer than normal in the highlands as well. Whether or not both of these factors give the SNP just enough votes obviously remains to be seen, but it's certainly going to be a close one either way.

He would certainly be some scalp.

Kennedy is my MP and has one of the worst records for actually turning up to vote at Westminster. It's in the 30% bracket I'm sure. The SNP candidate seems pretty decent (much better than the challenger to Danny Alexander's seat) and Skye overwhelmingly voted Yes. We shall see.

Kennedy is my MP and has one of the worst records for actually turning up to vote at Westminster. It's in the 30% bracket I'm sure. The SNP candidate seems pretty decent (much better than the challenger to Danny Alexander's seat) and Skye overwhelmingly voted Yes. We shall see.

Aye but he seems a sound guy and probably in the boozer having a beer.

I used to like him. He's been really shite lately. It will be Lord soon.

I suppose, in fairness, there may be a geographical reason for that?
You can get a direct flight or train from Inverness to London every day. No excuse.
I've seen this mentioned online a few times. Is there anywhere to prove it? Not that I doubt it, mind.
Not sure, pretty well known about here from those at the count that Skye and Inverness were Yes.

I would be really surprised if Kennedy lost his seat.

To be fair nobody should be able to own the word Yes

Its a bit like Better Together supporters pishing their frillies because Salmond used the term best of both worlds

However, after rampaging around the country screaming NO, NO, NO in pensioners faces in the past year, it does seem ill advised for Murphy to suddenly turn into Mr Yes.

Fully expect him on the Sunday Politics in next few weeks with full Scotland fitba kit on and wearing a Yes badge.

Urban Gorilla will be out canvassing for support :lol:

What an embarrassment of a front page. Looks like someone's been fucking about in photoshop after a few pints. However, 'Yes for Labour' is probably even more embarrassing. My cringe-o-meter is on the verge of exploding.

Archived