General Election 2015

Ludo*1

I really hope the polls stay good for the SNP right up to May. Election night could go down in history as one of the best nights ever in Scottish politics.

YouTube hits will last for years when some of the big hitters get booted out. :lol:

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secondly, 'a yellow balloon with a face drawn on it'? Tell me you're not a Labour supporter - because the irony in that statement would be overwhelming.

For f**k's sake...

"If yer no wan eh us, yer wan eh thaim"

I suspect he is smart enough not to be one of the cretin losers who describe themselves as "supporters" of a political party. How the f**k can you "support" a political party? Can there be anything more ludicrous and moronic that that?

It makes us look like a nation filled with people who can barely muster the intelligence to wipe our own arses. People in the rest of the UK who see it will be forced to conclude that IQs north of the border have plummeted to round about farmyard animal level.

The referendum result already did this.

For f**k's sake...

I suspect he is smart enough not to be one of the cretin losers who describe themselves as "supporters" of a political party. How the f**k can you "support" a political party? Can there be anything more ludicrous and moronic that that?

Give 'em money? Be a member?

"Supporter" isn't the word I'd use but I've voted SNP at the last two opportunities (plus the same way as them in the referendum) and it's incredibly likely that I'll vote for them in 2015 and 2016.

I haven't pledged myself to them for life or anything but at this particular moment in time, I clearly have a horse in the race. There's nowt wrong with that.

Granted, not everyone's in this boat but folk who think they sound brilliantly cynical by pretending they have no political preferences are impressing absolutely nae c**t.

"Supporter" isn't the word I'd use but I've voted SNP at the last two opportunities (plus the same way as them in the referendum) and it's incredibly likely that I'll vote for them in 2015 and 2016.

I haven't pledged myself to them for life or anything but at this particular moment in time, I clearly have a horse in the race. There's nowt wrong with that.

Granted, not everyone's in this boat but folk who think they sound brilliantly cynical by pretending they have no political preferences are impressing absolutely nae c**t.

I thought you were Dece Party through and through?

For f**k's sake...

I think you massively missed my point.

I was focusing on the 'monkey with a red rosette' stereotype that's so often used in labour heartlands. It's not something I've ever heard said about the snp, as their problem seems more to do with the number of candidates who can legitimately challenge (like the lad in 2011 who had to rush home for a suit when he realised he was being elected).

Still, you carry on with your obsession for all things snp (masked ever so slightly this time).

I'd actually be more inclined to vote SNP if this was the case. Cheers DM!

I'd actually be more inclined to vote SNP if this was the case. Cheers DM!

Does anyone on here know anyone who buys the Daily Mail? I only see bits of it when it's referred to in posts on here and it's like every article is written by some paranoid fruitcake.

On another note, anyone who really doesn't understand the role of political parties in a representative democracy would be better to refrain from posting in the politics forum. Anyone who thinks there's a better form of government than representative democracy in a modern society should spell it out in some detail.

Does anyone on here know anyone who buys the Daily Mail? I only see bits of it when it's referred to in posts on here and it's like every article is written by some paranoid fruitcake.

On another note, anyone who really doesn't understand the role of political parties in a representative democracy would be better to refrain from posting in the politics forum. Anyone who thinks there's a better form of government than representative democracy in a modern society should spell it out in some detail.

Tbh sometimes I wouldn't mind having a council of benevolent dictators decide things for the general public . Hard to insure against ending up with a total psycho in charge though .

In other words, libertarian weirdos like the wood-chopping shed dweller, basically.

In other words, libertarian weirdos like the wood-chopping shed dweller, basically.

Some folk genuinely do have the (unwise, imo) attitude that any interest in politics is completely futile. My old man's like that - grew up surrounded by all the proddy shite in 70s/80s Norn Iron, experienced the pleasure of meeting the well kent faces from all sides professionally and hasn't voted once since.

When it's some resident tadger on P&B's Politics forum slagging folk off for political interest, it doesn't really fly. Typical No voter shitebaggery really.

Archived