Stupid Names For Kids

Romeo

• 4 weeks later...

Someone told me recently (a primary teacher) that there was a wee boy called Hashtag. It was actually spelled '#' but the school records had to just spell it 'Hashtag' for the management system to be able to use it for registers and records etc..

I can also just imagine the amount of 'Khalisies' and 'Catnisses' cutting about schemes barefoot in the coming years too!

The horrible programme "Blinging up Baby" (aye, as dreadful as it sounds - car crash TV) featured one Essex girl who named her kids Princess Bliss Tiana May and Precious Bell Ruby Rosina. Sure enough, she's been subject to a host of abuse, so even by Essex standards, it must be bad. Feel sorry for the kids.

This is no new phenomenon, 31 years ago, some sick b*****ds called their daughter, Kimithy

http://www.north-star-news.co.uk/News/Fury-at-bid-to-take-away-Dingwall-kids-trampoline-01052015.htm

I wonder how she deciduous on that name?

Kimithy, a door supervisor who lives in Tulloch Square, has two daughters Ebony Wallmsley (11) and Kiera Wallmsley (10) who attend the local primary school.

Worst of all has to be those weans who have a pretty basic name, but their parents have spelled it wrong.

A girl a couple of years below me at school was called Pamala and freely admitted it was because her dad spelled Pamela wrong to the registrar. Edited by Internet Citizen

• 2 months later...

I work with someone who has an Uncle Shaftoe.

Old Bobby? Snappy dresser, I recall. His wife still complaining about the amount of time he spends away at work?

Actually heard someone calling their daughter Ebola a few weeks back. Frantically been trying to think of what I might have misheard.

And yes, it was one of those mother-screaming-the-kids'-name-while-they-pay-no-attention moments.