Watch the video, hes given about 2min of interrupted time to put forward a proposal to allocate time to discuss

Mens shorter life expectancy

Mens health issues and the embarrassment of reporting them

High suicide rate

Violence against men, again not reported through embarrassment

Underachievement in education

Potentially unfair child custody policy

Raising this, here is how campaigns are started, which I tried to explain to you a few posts back, he is opening the discussion only to be branded as a troll, he even says in the course of this, some people may or may not agree with me but I fee it should be debated....

What debate have these issues had since he raised them? none, how much time has been devoted to ridiculing him since then?

So do you really think he was raising it, as he said, "In the spirit of gender equality" with a smirk on his face, when he's voted against every measure promoting equal rights based on gender or sexuality? He's a troll, he's had ten years as an MP to raise any of these important issues and hasn't, and has done feck all about them. He didn't even bother to try to raise cross party support to give the motion any chance of getting passed. His excuse of being in bit of a rush doesn't wash, he knows the procedures well enough to fillibuster an attempt to offer free parking for people caring for the disabled. Face it, the man's a supercilious cnut, if it was a woman you'd be saying the same. The only awareness he's raised through this self promoting ingenuous stunt is that of the rancid state of his supporters, threatening Josh Phillips with rape and hoping she goes home to find her teenage sons hanging in their bedrooms.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would he be trolling ? his party is in power......I could understand it if he was in opposition trying to make the government look bad but he is dealing with a Labour MP, what possible reason would he have to troll in a committee like this ?

Everyone else in the committee gave a measured response in supporting it without looking like a dick apart from chuckles who did a pantomime laugh which has caused the controversy, she is the one who behaved inappropriately and appears to have got away with it because shes shouted the loudest

Keep ignoring the points he raised though, they aren't important, as long as Jess Phillips feels empowered, that seems to be the main thing to come out of it.

If any right thinking male poster on here had been born a woman they would be a 'feminist'.

Not all female poster on P&B are feminists.

Good luck trying to convince them they are in the wrong

Why would he be trolling ? his party is in power......I could understand it if he was in opposition trying to make the government look bad but he is dealing with a Labour MP, what possible reason would he have to troll in a committee like this ?

Everyone else in the committee gave a measured response in supporting it without looking like a dick apart from chuckles who did a pantomime laugh which has caused the controversy, she is the one who behaved inappropriately and appears to have got away with it because shes shouted the loudest

Keep ignoring the points he raised though, they aren't important, as long as Jess Phillips feels empowered, that seems to be the main thing to come out of it.

Jess Phillips has done work on the issues he raised, he hasn't. That's the point. The committee dismissed it out of hand because he clearly wasn't serious.

Why would he be trolling ?his party is in power......I could understand it if he was in opposition trying to make the government look bad but he is dealing with a Labour MP, what possible reason would he have to troll in a committee like this ?

To be fair, he has previous for blatantly trolling in his campaign against political correctness (see his letters to an equality commission to ask things like "is black face racist?").

Phillip's reaction wasn't pleasant, but neither was the fact that he's blatantly using very serious issues to make a petty point about political correctness. He couldn't give a f**k about doing anything to help improve the situation, if he was he would have done literally anything to that end in his 10 years as a MP.

Jess Phillips has done work on the issues he raised, he hasn't. That's the point. The committee dismissed it out of hand because he clearly wasn't serious.

Regardless of his or her work with mental health in the community, these issues need raised and again you are coming up with reasons why you think he shouldn't be listened to.

The committee didn't dismiss him out of hand, they agreed in principal and told him to get a broader cross party support.

So thanks to people declaring him a troll, politicians will stay clear of it in case they get tarred with the same brush and it will disappear once again and another generation of men will suffer in silence. well done

She says she supports the issues, why not say at the time...absolutely, we will get behind this rather than laugh like fcuk? Davies, if he had been trolling would have been at a loss.

My missus was born a female and she's not a feminist.

She knows her place.

I'm astounded that you have responded in these terms. Mind you I'm astounded that you have worked out how to switch on a computer.

My missus was born a female and she's not a feminist.

She knows her place.

I'm sure the terrified of feminists lot on here are seriously nagged at home. Men who are worthy of the respect they deserve from women have no such problems.

Regardless of his or her work with mental health in the community, these issues need raised and again you are coming up with reasons why you think he shouldn't be listened to.

The committee didn't dismiss him out of hand, they agreed in principal and told him to get a broader cross party support.

So thanks to people declaring him a troll, politicians will stay clear of it in case they get tarred with the same brush and it will disappear once again and another generation of men will suffer in silence. well done

She says she supports the issues, why not say at the time...absolutely, we will get behind this rather than laugh like fcuk? Davies, if he had been trolling would have been at a loss.

I reckon he's a well known knob around the (many) bars in Westminster and she's made the mistake of reacting on camera in the same way every female mp reacts to him. He's quite clearly a fanny and you don't have the intelligence to realise that and admit as much.

The issues are issues that are being raised, and rightly so! Bbc3 had something on the other night by Prof green about suicide amongst men. No sane, rational person would be put off supporting these issues due to this incident.

Archived