5th round

1320Lichtie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a Berwick perspective we won't get many better opportunities to reach a Scottish Cup QF than a replay against a team from our own division then a trip to a non-league side. For that reason I hope our players are electrified by today's draw and the management makes the replay the big priority.

We have a good record against Spartans in the East of Scotland Cup: although we had to come from behind with a sensational prodded flick from Damon Gray and a freekick from captain Lee Currie last time out. However, we did however lose to them in the Scottish Cup about 10yrs ago in their last charge to the Last 16, when they went on to play Livingston.

Still, immediate focus on Coatbridge next Tuesday, can't get ahead of ourselves.

No danger. Jim is on a mission to be the first manager to do the "reverse Gretna" and take us from the Premier to the Juniors and who are we to stop him?

Murray is more than competent to continue Jim's fine work and complete this worthy project.

As I cannot view the highlights of the Jags 4th round game v Accies on the BBC (i live in the USA) I went to the Youtube 'Scottish Cup' page. What a waste of time and effort. For the last 3 days...nothing! Then today I saw it had been updated, but only updated 4 matches, none of which where Thistle V Accies. Don't know who is responsible for this page but totally useless and a shambles compared to the SPFL page on there. So I have yet to see the highlights from the game and 'Stevos' double. Oh well! :thumbsdown

Would it be safe to assume that if there's no announcement before our match on Tue that Pars v United (if we get through) has a decent chance of being a live TV game?

For me the three stand-out games would be, ourselves v United, QOTS v St Johnstone and Dundee v Celtic.

Choosing Rangers v Raith would be the most fucking boring game going. A quarter full Ibrox, where Rangers pump Raith for the third time in a row. #naw

Well, we've never lost at home to Stranraer but with Jurassic Jim in charge anything is possible.

Most stats sites appear to give this as the case but we have in fact won once at EEP. In the League Cup first round, a two legged affair saw a 0-0 draw at Stair Park followed a week later on 22nd August 1979 with a 4-2 victory for Stranraer which appears to be often shown as the reverse by many of the usual stats websites. Nevertheless it must be said, it only serves to improve a truly abysmal record to utterly dreadful!

It does at least give us some hope ....

.... We got gubbed by St Johnstone in the next round btw

Would it be safe to assume that if there's no announcement before our match on Tue that Pars v United (if we get through) has a decent chance of being a live TV game?

Make that Stranraer v Dundee United.

Still be a better TV game than Rangers v Raith mind you.

Archived