Dundee v Celtic

Dave Coaches

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bile was sung by Celtic fans todays I didn't hear anything of the sorts.

There's a shock. "Decent" Celtic fans have a history of being deaf to what is being sung around them.

People like you are a part of the problem and I literally won't waste a single further second of my time discussing it with the likes of you.

There were songs that I couldn't make out which were booed by fans beside me in the Derry but one I did hear was "ooh ah up the 'ra".

So how do you know they are vile bigoted songs?

:blink:

There's a shock. "Decent" Celtic fans have a history of being deaf to what is being sung around them.

People like you are a part of the problem and I literally won't waste a single further second of my time discussing it with the likes of you.

So you won't name the songs being sung?

It was a simple question, one you should be able to answer pretty easily, so why do all defensive simply because I asked you to name them?

A soldiers song and oh ah up the ra I heard.

The Irish national anthem is now considered bigoted or vile? Woosh! :blink::1eye

I didn't hear the Ra chant myself, but for arguments sake i won't doubt it was sung

My 6 year old son today asked me if Celtic were a Scottish team.

When I said they were from Glasgow he asked me why they all brought Irish flags to the match if they lived in Scotland and liked a Scottish team. That was easily enough explained away innocently.

In a few years time he will hear some of the bile being sung by these fans and ask me what they are singing and what the songs mean. He may even have a bash at singing them himself if the tune is catchy (wee shite loves beautiful Sunday.....)

This is the vile plague that the bigot brothers bring to the game in our country. Spreading hate and bigotry in their wake wherever they go.

Bringing the Union Jack out to bait them is tragic, the fact that the authorities tried to remove the flag of this country from the stand is worse. It shouldnt be an issue, but it is, and that issue is purely caused by Rangers, Celtic and the knuckle dragging morons who follow them.

I don't dispute there is a nasty element amongst the Celtic support, something that I think has unfortunately gotten worse over the last few years, and I agree, the waving of a flag, any flag, shouldn't be an issue, but for some people, who for the most part, I generally find to be idiots, it is. So if a Dundee fan just decided to bring along his Union flag today of all days, he's not brought it because it's the flag of his country, he's brought it along because he is desperately seeking a reaction. If you have nuggets like that in your support, you can't blame Celtic for that.

I don't dispute there is a nasty element amongst the Celtic support, something that I think has unfortunately gotten worse over the last few years, and I agree, the waving of a flag, any flag, shouldn't be an issue, but for some people, who for the most part, I generally find to be idiots, it is. So if a Dundee fan just decided to bring along his Union flag today of all days, he's not brought it because it's the flag of his country, he's brought it along because he is desperately seeking a reaction. If you have nuggets like that in your support, you can't blame Celtic for that.

So are you saying its ok for celtic fans to wave the tricolour because they have always done it?

So you won't name the songs being sung?

It was a simple question, one you should be able to answer pretty easily, so why do all defensive simply because I asked you to name them?

Were you at the game today, Enrico Annoni?

So are you saying its ok for celtic fans to wave the tricolour because they have always done it?

No. I am not really sure how you came to that conclusion. :blink:

If a Celtic fan brings along an Irish tri-colour because wants to gain a reaction from the opposition he is as much of a nugget as a Dundee fan bringing along a Union flag for a similar reasons.

No. I am not really sure how you came to that conclusion. :blink:

If a Celtic fan brings along an Irish tri-colour because wants to gain a reaction from the opposition he is as much of a nugget as a Dundee fan bringing along a Union flag for a similar reasons.

Except a Dundee fan would be waving the flag of his, and Celtic's, own country. The Celtic fan with the Irish flag would be waving the flag of a foreign country.

This is probably where the term, plastic Paddys derives.

Archived