St Mirren v St Johnstone, 6/12/14

Full time 0-1

As I predicted pre match, a close game with St Johnstone edging it. They aren't very good, but they're better than us.

Rubbish really. We certainly improved second half, and we created a few good chances. Never did enough to earn something from the game though, the scoreline was a fair reflection.

County and Well lost again, so we are in the same position as we were 24 hours ago. It's not good enough though, it's not nearly good enough.

The directors made this appointment. They will personally have to put up the money if we're going to sack him, the club certainly doesn't have it. Are they willing to when they want out? I don't know.

A lot of soul searching to be done. It's not I can't believe it's not butter, I can't believe we're not bottom!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bad must County be if they're below St Mirren? They looked half decent against us but they get absolutely drilled every week.

We are remarkably shit. Thankfully Motherwell and St Booing are just as bad. Only a few weeks until Uncle Roy's chequebook bails us out again.

They looked half decent against us but they get absolutely drilled every week.

Last three home games?

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee United

They're doing reasonable enough away from home, but now that those fixtures are out of the way I'm hoping County will start picking up points at home again. Plus the chequebook etc.

Tommy's interview on Sportsound there:

"Delighted to talk about the team's attitude"

"The fans were almost willing the ball to go in. It's as if they were almost waiting for a goal"

:lol: I fucking love that guy.

Thompson was feeling his groin from early on and he wasn't in a position to chase anything.

Scrappy first half but more open second half with both teams creating chances. On the basis we had the better of the first period, probably merited the win but again, it wasn't a great performance.

Have been saying for weeks we aren't a top six team but somehow we are in the mix for it.

Manager trying to win the fans back with his interview. Must think we have short memories and have forgotten his nonsense of the last few weeks. Chick trying to make out we were decent as well.

First half was awful from both sides. Second was a great game from us and could have finished 3-3 - but it didn't and that's all that matters.

Manager should be long gone. Sadly I fear a decent second half and the fact we're not bottom will keep him in a job. Other teams being even more shit/slightly less shit than us is not a reason to keep him in the job.

As it stands we're one point off the top six and level on points with "high flying" Dundee. What a difference a couple of wins make

Five league games unbeaten now aswell, with only three goals conceded in those games

Why are you so excited at being level on points with us? You are Scottish Cup holders and were in the top 6 last season. We are newly promoted and have built an entire new squad. Plus in the second round of fixtures you've played St Mirren (guaranteed 3 points), Ross County and Motherwell. We've played Celtic and Inverness in that time and none of the bottom 3 mentioned.

Thommo looked done tbh. 3 games in a week for a guy with no pre season and a long time out is too much IMO.

The fact we loomed better when Ball came on speaks volumes.

St Johnstone were awful bar Mannus, we were as bad. Should have finished it in the second half with the one that hit the post.

Tommy's interview on Sportsound there:

"Delighted to talk about the team's attitude"

"The fans were almost willing the ball to go in. It's as if they were almost waiting for a goal"

:lol: I fucking love that guy.

ohno.gif.gif

As I said above he's trying to repair some of the damage with his nonsense after the Hamilton game and before we played Inverness. Not going to work Tommy - do one.

What a difference a few weeks make. 6 games unbeaten and all of a sudden we find ourselves 12 points clear of the bottom two and a point off top six, with Kilmarnock out opponents next week.

Poor St mirren. I don't even have the heart to take the piss.

Why are you so excited at being level on points with us? You are Scottish Cup holders and were in the top 6 last season. We are newly promoted and have built an entire new squad. Plus in the second round of fixtures you've played St Mirren (guaranteed 3 points), Ross County and Motherwell. We've played Celtic and Inverness in that time and none of the bottom 3 mentioned.

Because two months ago yous were giving it laldy about your top six chances and completely writing our chances of the top six out. Funny how the excuses youve used were laughed at by dundee fans back then

Archived