1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Just got these from a US site - Nothing New.

All components recycled, made from 100% sustainable materials and nothing derived from animals. 

image.thumb.png.257ae3b0fac41bbd1675807bbfc772d4.png

Really like them and v comfy (which I can't say the same for other recycled trainers). Thinking of getting these next:

image.thumb.png.f27be37537b093f654f3a17d5f3e09d4.png 

I’ve never heard of this brand before.  The pair you bought are smart though.  Ideal for summer - if we ever get one.

I’d be interested to hear how these hold up to a bit of wear and tear.

On 16/07/2023 at 22:01, MONKMAN said:

Comfiest trainers I’ve ever worn, with the memory foam insoles. Need to go a size up though. 

On 24/07/2023 at 13:31, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Just gave In to the inner voice and ordered a pair of Hoff Copenhagen, a little bit more muted than some of the colours (Bristol and Biarritz were tempting) and then remembered your comment of sizing up 🙈

IMG_4153.webp

The Hoff had to go back, true to word they were just too small, even after re-lacing them they were quite tight across the foot. unfortunately they didn't have the size up in the Copenhagen so went for the Biarritz that I had originally fancied 

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Marks and Spencer sell them.

Thanks for the heads up DA.  I’ve been looking to try on a pair of Hoff trainers seeing as they are getting such a good press here (surely no more a more discerning group of people than here on P&B).  I’ve just checked M&S online and it appears they only stock the female Hoff trainers range.  Some are half price if anyone is interested.

Edited by Shadow Play

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I've posted this elsewhere and got no response but I'm hoping you all nice folks will give me some response. idk if it belongs here on in one of the fitness/walking threads but I hope someone can give me guidance...

Thing is, I walk a lot and seem to go through shoes/trainers really fast. £40 Converse seem to last the same time as £20 ASDA shoes ~3months before I need a new pair. When I say I walk a lot, I mean a lot. My tracker app says in May I walked 138km (85miles), June was only 92k (57mi) but that's cause the schools were off the last week. (And that's only the distances I tracked...). I'm not jogging or running, but I do walk about 4mph. I also go to concerts a lot and can be on my feet for 8hrs+ at times.

The last shoes I bought were classed as 'hiking boots' from Lidl. The inch thick sole hasn't got a hole yet, but they did get a crease along the top of the metatarsal/toe-joining area and have now burst one of them. Usually I either get holes in the heel or the fabric rips from the sole at the back (happened with hi-top Chucks).
I'm aware of the Sam Vines Boot Theory and want to get ahead of it. I wouldn't mind spending a bit more IF I knew they would last. I just don't know enough to trust they will. Personally prefer Converse or similar looking trainers, but boots or whatever will do as long as it's not leather type dress shoes or stupid ass looking yeezys. Is there help, or do I just eat the cost as a price for my walking?
UK - Size 6 if it matters.

5 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Hey guys! I've posted this elsewhere and got no response but I'm hoping you all nice folks will give me some response. idk if it belongs here on in one of the fitness/walking threads but I hope someone can give me guidance...

Thing is, I walk a lot and seem to go through shoes/trainers really fast. £40 Converse seem to last the same time as £20 ASDA shoes ~3months before I need a new pair. When I say I walk a lot, I mean a lot. My tracker app says in May I walked 138km (85miles), June was only 92k (57mi) but that's cause the schools were off the last week. (And that's only the distances I tracked...). I'm not jogging or running, but I do walk about 4mph. I also go to concerts a lot and can be on my feet for 8hrs+ at times.

The last shoes I bought were classed as 'hiking boots' from Lidl. The inch thick sole hasn't got a hole yet, but they did get a crease along the top of the metatarsal/toe-joining area and have now burst one of them. Usually I either get holes in the heel or the fabric rips from the sole at the back (happened with hi-top Chucks).
I'm aware of the Sam Vines Boot Theory and want to get ahead of it. I wouldn't mind spending a bit more IF I knew they would last. I just don't know enough to trust they will. Personally prefer Converse or similar looking trainers, but boots or whatever will do as long as it's not leather type dress shoes or stupid ass looking yeezys. Is there help, or do I just eat the cost as a price for my walking?

Buy a car.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Buy a car.

Only have a provisional. Did three lessons, instructor went on holiday and work / life got in the way after that. It was 12yrs ago and I have no desire to resume the process. Thank you for your well reasoned and incisive response though :)

On 14/08/2023 at 10:40, Molotov said:

Has anyone tried these Vivo barefoot trainers?

https://www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/

Not Vivo but I did purchase a pair of Adidas barefoots for the gym years ago. Spent longer trying to get my toes in the slots than I did in the gym and was (rightly) ridiculed from all sides.

On 14/08/2023 at 01:42, AnderooMFC said:

Go for a pair of tackety boots.

shopping.jpeg.jpg.8b998def080c89cf9cf68ddcfeb26a4e.jpg

• 3 months later...