Worst football stadiums you have been to

Binos123sam

u mad Hampden should be no where near this list horrible that you have put the top obviously you haven't been to station park

I've been to both and must say that Station Park offers away supporters a better view of the action and better-value refreshments than Hampden.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The John Cumming in Carluke is probably soul-less and the view isn't the best but 1) there's shelter in the wee stand and 2) you do have access to proper toilet facilities. Getting older I tend to enjoy things like being able to wash my hands.

in no particular order

1) I sat freezing in that crappy temporary stand at the Recs, Alloa a few weeks ago. Fair made me miss the old shed they had. When I actually think about it Sauchie's ground up the road is nearly as good!

2) Dumbarton's old Boghead Park was a bit of a tip

3) Tranent's Forresters Park used to be ok but vandals burned down the old pavilion, the social club is now gone and there's not adaquate spectator refreshment facilities- I don't think there's even a tea machine in the changing rooms block

4) Saughton Enclosure isn't the best either - it would be improved by a small shed or a small stand but I don't know if Edinburgh Cooncil would let Lothian Hutchi erect one there

5) Bootham Crescent, York is ok once you're in but the away turnstiles are not designed for the *ahem* fuller figure as I am- in fact Kate Moss would struggle to get through them.

u mad Hampden should be no where near this list horrible that you have put the top obviously you haven't been to station park

If we're talking the big Hampden, then it has every right to be in someone's list. Awful ground.

The f**k is wrong with station park? Perfectly nice wee ground with bridies.

1. Central park - want to live the olde world charm but it really is shite.

2. Dens - for the main stand and that kowp they call the derry.

3. Inverness - middle of nowhere, soulless, not finished

4. Falkirk - middle of nowhere,soulless, not finished

5. Pittodrie - shitey away stand exposed to the arctic wind, shambles of a stadium that should have been bulldozed in the 90s.

5. McDiarmid Park: shite stadium that is only good for atmosphere if it has over 7000 in it (which it hardly ever does.)

4. Ibrox and Parkhead: magnificent stadiums made a terrible place to visit by the shite that infests them.

3. St Mirren Park: boring shite. Love Street was far better.

2. Brechin City: pitch is on a slope and it's in the middle of nowhere. A wretched place.

1. New Douglas Park: Could be good if all four sides were complete because I like the stand designs. It could look like a really shite San Siro. Unfortunately it only has 2 stands and Hamilton is not a pleasant place to visit.

Dens would be if they'd haul down that old stand.

East End is one of the most soulless grounds I've ever visited. Perhaps more a reflection on the stay-at-home Dunfermline locals, but nonetheless, a dull experience.

The Derry? I've always thought if they extended the derry along the old terracing it would look amazing. Atmosphere would be tremendous.

East End is a great stadium But like any stadium if it's empty it's going to be shite.

i will describe my day out in Forfar for you

Stadium shit fan shit and when I went to have something to eat I could only find the stag which was shit and there was f*ck all to do

Covered terracing and covered stand; Forfar bridies; pub nearby. Sit and have a pint with your mates before the football; that's something that has become quite fashionable.

Come on now, man; make an effort.

1. Brockville by a mile.

2. Central park.

3. Broomfield

4. Meadowbank

5. Camp Nou

Number 5 has one of the best teams and atmosphere at big games. However I have been many times and it is a shite hole.

Brockville was a dump but it was a great stadium. Bang in the middle of town and always a great atmosphere. A million miles better than the Lego Land effort out by Grangemouth.

1) Cliftonhill - Albion Rovers. The land that time forgot.

2) Central Park - Cowdenbeath. Great for stock cars, awful for football.

3) Links Park - Montrose. Pointless.

4) Hampden - the national stadium. Dreadful place to watch football.

5) Dens Park - Dundee. The least friendly place in Scotland.

Cappielow probably ranges from being the worst ground for away fans, to the best for home fans.

The away fans get a really poor deal, with the main stand being a bit shit really, the legroom being a joke, and the toilets and catering facilities being a mile away. If we ever do get around to sticking the old Love Street end roof over the Wee Dublin End, it would improve ten fold, but realistically that's not going to happen for a while. Had we managed to stay in the Championship, there's a fair chance it would be up now, to house the large travelling supports this season. Ho hum.

As a home fan at Cappielow, you get to stand in what is probably the best terrace in Scotland - The Cowshed. When they finally got around to installing toilets at the back (instead of pissing against an open fence) and a modernised catering stand, it really became the ideal place to watch football, other than the fact it's in Greenock of course :P

Cappielow probably ranges from being the worst ground for away fans, to the best for home fans.

The away fans get a really poor deal, with the main stand being a bit shit really, the legroom being a joke, and the toilets and catering facilities being a mile away. If we ever do get around to sticking the old Love Street end roof over the Wee Dublin End, it would improve ten fold, but realistically that's not going to happen for a while. Had we managed to stay in the Championship, there's a fair chance it would be up now, to house the large travelling supports this season. Ho hum.

As a home fan at Cappielow, you get to stand in what is probably the best terrace in Scotland - The Cowshed. When they finally got around to installing toilets at the back (instead of pissing against an open fence) and a modernised catering stand, it really became the ideal place to watch football, other than the fact it's in Greenock of course :P

If Morton made it to the Premiership what would happen? Would the fans be allowed to use the terraces?

By their very nature, a lot of junior grounds have been added to piecemeal thanks to local volunteer labour over the years and are a total H&S nightmare, but virtually no two have the same feel to them. Very few have pretensions to being stadiums in the SPFL sense, and it's a bit unfair to compare them with projects which have cost millions.

I'm with the poster earlier who mentioned the likes of Almondvale, Airdrie, Broadwood etc; soulless out-of-town Lego kits which are way too big for the sides playing at them, where the only clue as to which team plays there is the colour of the seats.

Yeah, I'd agree with that, didn't mean it in a bad way and there are plenty of fantastic grounds in the juniors, just visits to places like Forth, Newmains, East Kilbride aren't exactly enticing.

Archived