Devastating news

supermik

I used to marvel at floral displays like the Princes Street Floral Clock, imagining the masterful skill of some gardener working out which seeds had to go where and timing the planting to ensure they all flowered together.

Then one day I saw someone emptying ready grown flowers out of pots and sticking them into prepared holes to make the required pattern.

The illusion was shattered and part of my inner child died that day. I was only 28 years old!

When I heard that Diana died.

I'm not sure I've ever really got over that.

I need a hug.

myself and my mate were fucking distraught that day, 9 years old we were . wondering how long the news would be on for (before the days of 24 hour news chanels) my mother had told us the news would be on all day. it was shite, the weather was pish and we had no cartoons to watch

My Dad - if possible, a bigger anti-royalist than me, phoned me in the early hours of the morning to tell me the news about Di popping her clogs. Thanks Dad. Just got home from working the late shift 6 hours ago but I would have hated to have slept another couple of hours without knowing about this.

myself and my mate were fucking distraught that day, 9 years old we were . wondering how long the news would be on for (before the days of 24 hour news chanels) my mother had told us the news would be on all day. it was shite, the weather was pish and we had no cartoons to watch

That's nothing. I bought a TV listings magazine the day before. What a waste of money that turned out to be.

Had my last ever Stephens Steak Bridie today.

I fuckin love those things and it's the main reason anyone goes to East End park, but my second bite today was a bit chewy so I spat it out to discover the whole thing was full of veins. Big chewy fuckers.

Had my last ever Stephens Steak Bridie today.

I fuckin love those things and it's the main reason anyone goes to East End park, but my second bite today was a bit chewy so I spat it out to discover the whole thing was full of veins. Big chewy fuckers.

For a moment there I thought that Stephen's was going into liquidation or something, so rather relieved.

Archived