The Big Glasgow New Year Derby & Box Office Telly Thrillerfest

I may be ignorant but what has under soil heating got to do with it raining too much??? Isn't that used to stop pitches freezing and to melt ice and snow?

If the ball won't move across the turf due to the rain and puddles etc then it is dangerous for the players, is it not?

Put it this way I wouldn't like to see the energy bills for USH that evaporated surface rain water ;)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the thought of playing football at Firhill today may have been pie in the sky, as the match against Celtic was unfortunately called off because of the weather, all was not lost. With a bumper stock of match day pies all ready to be served up to the hungry New Year's Day football faithful there was a lot at steak as a huge amount of food risked being wasted - which would have been mince.

Luckily local homeless charity, The Marie Trust, was on hand and were only too happy to take hundreds of the pies away to be given to those who really need them most.

Partick Thistle managing director, Ian Maxwell, said: "Unfortunately, one of the consequences of games getting called off is that a large amount of stock can end up going to waste. We're just happy that on this occasion we've been able to find a good home for some of our stock that otherwise would have ended up in the bin.

"It's a time of the year to think of those less fortunate than ourselves and, unfortunately, there are a lot of people around Glasgow who don't have anywhere to go for New Year. As a community focussed club it is great to be able to give something back and I only hope that this small action on our part will in some small way give those at the charity a boost at the start of 2015."

Another morale victory for us righteous Jags.

the way the Partick fans are carrying on this postponement is the best result you've had in a while.

It probably suited us due to injuries but to be honest we're crowing about it mainly due to the stupidity of the stuff some of your fellow 'tic fans are spouting.

It probably suited us due to injuries but to be honest we're crowing about it mainly due to the stupidity of the stuff some of your fellow 'tic fans are spouting.

Understandable, strange to see a set of fans celebrate a postponement though.

As I said, nobody would've been 'celebrating' anything were it not for the daft Celtic fans.

Wrong - inspection 13.00

Off

Dancer :D

The Celtic will be raging if Aberdeen win.

Excellent news.

1) I can go back to bed and don't have to leave the house on a hellish day.

2) we don't have to play this game with half a team out.

3) Celtic fans are absolutely spewing, it doesn't get any better than that.

Partick and weather have some relationship.

A few years ago Partick almost begged a ref to call off a game at Westfield. Amazingly whilst they were missing half a team.

Then we move on to the Cowdenbeath fog match.

Now whilst missing a few guys against the Sellick you again get a break from the weather.

What's the deal guys?

Is the weather controlled from Maryhill?

Don't forget that time we got a game postponed at 2.50 after a significant amount of your fans had paid in! :thumsup2

Actually, also forgot about us getting a game cancelled vs St Johnstone when dick Campbell was our manager on the grounds of a virus leaving us not enough fit players. They were raging about that.

We of course won the rearranged fixture.

Delightfully that helped cost them the league. :lol:

Isn't the stadium linked to the canal ?, will explain why there was boats sighted on the pitch. Players getting caught off portside n that.

This fixture shouldn't have been set to play on Ner'day anyway ffs. The association know it's effing damn hard to get to the game from the night before.

And some of the Celtic support spitting nails at it getting booted of to another day is damn funny. :lol: Game cancelled and travelling from Ireland ? :lol::lol::lol: That wid piss me off some as well.

Archived