The Big Glasgow New Year Derby & Box Office Telly Thrillerfest

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic fans twitting old pictures of Firhill.

Celtic fans on fb asking why the USH wasn't switched on.

I'm thankful for our wee contingent on here in comparison.

What a right bunch of roasters the PT fans have turned into making the Celtic support look somewhat sensible. :lol:

I'm glad the game got cancelled for a few reasons

1, Maryhill now has a new swimming pool so that the manky Maryhill mob can have a cold bath on new years day.

2, Means I can go to the rearranged fixture if I want to.

3, Aberdeen are winning at the moment and can't wait to go to the wankfest thread and read the triumphalist pish because they are top of the league on new years day. I find this good for the game as a whole and it's funny how all the other fans turn into the cnuts that they call the OF fans. :P

4, It's better if PT play a fully fit squad because it's makes the heavy defeat for a few throbbers on this thread much more painful. :)

Oh !, and have a gid new years folks. :thumsup2

What a right bunch of roasters the PT fans have turned into making the Celtic support look somewhat sensible. :lol:

1, Maryhill now has a new swimming pool so that the manky Maryhill mob can have a cold bath on new years day.

3, Aberdeen are winning at the moment and can't wait to go to the wankfest thread and read the triumphalist pish because they are top of the league on new years day. I find this good for the game as a whole and it's funny how all the other fans turn into the cnuts that they call the OF fans. :P

4, It's better if PT play a fully fit squad because it's makes the heavy defeat for a few throbbers on this thread much more painful. :)

And no chance of missing final episode of BBC Television sitcom 'Miranda'

And no chance of missing final episode of BBC Television sitcom 'Miranda'

Erm BBC Iplayer Drew ? and also downloadable from certain websites too. And I can't stand Miranda anyhoo so it wouldn't have bothered me. Fcuk Miranda. :)

Was going today but, looking at the weather not too dissapointed at the call off, not sure of how good or bad Thistle's drainage is but Celtic fans having a pop at them on twitter etc need a boot in the Danny McGrain's, its hardly their fault the monsoon that has hit the country the last 24 hours.

Just means instead of a trip through to the West End I will have to finish my case of Guiness and half tin of Celebrations while watching the darts before getting torn into a big f**k off steak pie later...... hic :D

Small consolation I know for missing out on getting drowned in downtown Maryhill

Salty tears everywhere: pitch waterlogged.

Partick and weather have some relationship.

A few years ago Partick almost begged a ref to call off a game at Westfield. Amazingly whilst they were missing half a team.

Then we move on to the Cowdenbeath fog match.

Now whilst missing a few guys against the Sellick you again get a break from the weather.

What's the deal guys?

Is the weather controlled from Maryhill?

Actually, also forgot about us getting a game cancelled vs St Johnstone when dick Campbell was our manager on the grounds of a virus leaving us not enough fit players. They were raging about that.

We of course won the rearranged fixture.

Head's gone

Although the thought of playing football at Firhill today may have been pie in the sky, as the match against Celtic was unfortunately called off because of the weather, all was not lost. With a bumper stock of match day pies all ready to be served up to the hungry New Year's Day football faithful there was a lot at steak as a huge amount of food risked being wasted - which would have been mince.

Luckily local homeless charity, The Marie Trust, was on hand and were only too happy to take hundreds of the pies away to be given to those who really need them most.

Partick Thistle managing director, Ian Maxwell, said: "Unfortunately, one of the consequences of games getting called off is that a large amount of stock can end up going to waste. We're just happy that on this occasion we've been able to find a good home for some of our stock that otherwise would have ended up in the bin.

"It's a time of the year to think of those less fortunate than ourselves and, unfortunately, there are a lot of people around Glasgow who don't have anywhere to go for New Year. As a community focussed club it is great to be able to give something back and I only hope that this small action on our part will in some small way give those at the charity a boost at the start of 2015.".

Well done Partick FC

Partick and weather have some relationship.

A few years ago Partick almost begged a ref to call off a game at Westfield. Amazingly whilst they were missing half a team.

Then we move on to the Cowdenbeath fog match.

Now whilst missing a few guys against the Sellick you again get a break from the weather.

What's the deal guys?

Is the weather controlled from Maryhill?

God is a Jags fan :s

Celtic fans twitting old pictures of Firhill.

Celtic fans on fb asking why the USH wasn't switched on.

I'm thankful for our wee contingent on here in comparison.

I may be ignorant but what has under soil heating got to do with it raining too much??? Isn't that used to stop pitches freezing and to melt ice and snow?

If the ball won't move across the turf due to the rain and puddles etc then it is dangerous for the players, is it not?

I may be ignorant but what has under soil heating got to do with it raining too much??? Isn't that used to stop pitches freezing and to melt ice and snow?

If the ball won't move across the turf due to the rain and puddles etc then it is dangerous for the players, is it not?

Who cares?

Archie told the ref the pitch was unplayable and the ref agreed.

Simples. :P

Archived