Ad Problems

welshbairn

Question

• Answers 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are all my children. Everyone is equal etc etc....

Running like a train tonight. I'll still have a shot at Platinum, once PayPal process the facts that I've changed cards, addresses and phone number since I last used their service. It's a slow process!

It’s adverts such as Virgin Active and others that follow it that bring the forum to a complete stop for me. Just as bad today, taken me 15 minutes to post this after re-booting PC.

The ads aren't loading inside the forum now so I'm not sure how that can be happening. =Can you try clearing down your temporary internet files to make sure there isn't anything caching on your machine please ?

I've implemented some changes.

Basicallly I think the problem is that the forum is not loading the page until all the ads are loaded, which is obviously arse about tit and causes a problem when the ads are being sourced from multiple locations.

I've made a change whereby the forum should now load first and the ads second, but I'm not entirely convinced it will work.

Very interested to see what you think if it's any better, worse or just the same.

Change was made a of about 2 mins ago.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Div, you the man. :D

Site absolutely fucked for me today. Slow typing, pages crashing and re-opening and freezing constantly. Might be the system in work though, cause it's powered by hamsters I think, but anyone else having issues?

Nah it's the site, not my connection. Everything else is running fine.

Checked Task Manager and whilst trying to load a page with only P & B on the browser it was using 89% CPU, 85% Memory and 99% disk.

On explorer (no choice at work!)

Same problem, right down to the crap work system (I assume you don't work for the same company as me!). Flash keeps crashing and locks the whole system, not just Chrome.

Seems to be a bit more stable in the ancient version of IE we still have installed.

Really struggling to work out why some people are having so many problems.

I've been browsing the site for the last half hour as a guest on Firefox, not had a single issue. Ads sometimes loading after the forum loads, but not slow at all.

Very frustrating.

When I was making a post it started running very slow to the point it had almost froze. I then got a message saying that my computer was infected with a trojan and to phone a number. Every other site I visit my laptop runs smoothly and there are no problems. Could it be a corrupt ad?

I've also had the message to call a phone number several times, accompanied by an autoplay voice recording saying the same. Had to force-reset the laptop as everything locked up. The site is back to the way it was a few days ago for me, unusable on the laptop.

Running like a train tonight. I'll still have a shot at Platinum, once PayPal process the facts that I've changed cards, addresses and phone number since I last used their service. It's a slow process!

Just to add to this....there seems to be a serious disjoint between P&B and PayPal. It may be me....but I can't even 'pay by card' as it was previously registered to PayPal....although they have to send some 'small amount' to by bank account and have it confirmed in 2-3 days.

Instead, I sent a donation of a tenner to Maggie's:

post-44711-0-09936200-1437005742_thumb.j

Their website is as smooth as butter and they love The Bloo Poond, unlike P&B.

My thesis is thus: it won't feed the hamster but it does show good faith. Ergo, upgrade me and I'll renew next July to have an ad-free forum. Perfectly happy to forward confirmatory emails from Maggies.

Deal?

Archived