Ad Problems

welshbairn

Question

• Answers 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside, but as part of this, you should all consider uninstalling Flash from your computers. It will not play any of the flash adverts then, but more importantly it will protect you from a load of vulnerabilities that have been found in Flash this week;

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/15/flash-chrome-mozilla-facebook_n_7800364.html

I'm now getting redirected on the mobile site to download the app.

There has always been a banner on the mobile site advertising the App as being available, but it doesn't re-direct there automatically and once it's hidden once that banner should not re-appear ?

As an aside, but as part of this, you should all consider uninstalling Flash from your computers. It will not play any of the flash adverts then, but more importantly it will protect you from a load of vulnerabilities that have been found in Flash this week;

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/15/flash-chrome-mozilla-facebook_n_7800364.html

Also, throw your washing machine out in case it leaks.

Still problems here, locking and freezing.

Yeah same here just now.

And Div ?, this is the second time I have received this and has locked me out of a thread in the E-chat forum in the "Transferring cash via paypal" thread.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus
ACCESS DENIED
The requested URL cannot be provided

URL:

Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: phishing URL

Click here if you believe that the web page has been blocked mistakenly.

Detection method: heuristic analysis

Message generated at: 00:29:20

???

I started getting the adverts on my screen stating I had won (1) prize and they flashed and were pretty annoying. I looked through my installs and couldn't find anything that represented malware nor did I find anything in the scan. I did as you suggested there, and all of the adverts are gone.

If anyone else is getting these I would also recommend you uninstalling flash.

Nigh on unusable again. It can't just be flash because I'm having massive issues on the iPad too. Randomly changing itself from the mobile to deskptop skin and vice versa (the mobile skin is shite, doesn't even tell you which teams posters support etc) and typing hideously slow with massive lag.

On the work PC it just keeps freezing/stops responding/restarts IE again. No option to uninstall flash at work.

Pretty shit to be honest.

Desktop version is back to its best (worst) today after a few days of stability.

Pie and bovril shouldn't be a source of frustration. This is where we turn for some relaxation.

Nigh on unusable again. It can't just be flash because I'm having massive issues on the iPad too. Randomly changing itself from the mobile to deskptop skin and vice versa (the mobile skin is shite, doesn't even tell you which teams posters support etc) and typing hideously slow with massive lag.

On the work PC it just keeps freezing/stops responding/restarts IE again. No option to uninstall flash at work.

Pretty shit to be honest.

There are hardly any ads on the native iPad theme that loads, which is not the same as the mobile theme ?

There are a lot of upgrades in the pipeline for the forum software, the site itself and I will look at the servers too.

The site will have busy periods where it might be slower than normal but the sort of symptoms you are having on your iPad I've never experienced even using the site as a guest.

Are you on dial-up up there mate ?

Archived