Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

I'm enjoying this but know I'll be in the minority of finding the Jimmy stuff more intriguing. With Mike, we kind of know how it all pans out. The Mike we see now (especially after the offer to work for him from Fring the other night) is the same guy we know in BB. The switch from Jimmy to Saul and the fate of Kim (and Chuck) interests me more.

Edited by Radford

28 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm enjoying this but know I'll be in the minority of finding the Jimmy stuff more intriguing. With Mike, we kind of know how it all pans out. The Mike we see now (especially after the offer to work for him from Fring the other night) is the same guy we know in BB. The switch from Jimmy to Saul and the fate of Kim (and Chuck) interests me more.

Yeah, I'd agree with this too.

20 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

This has been the best season by far and there's still a good way to go. Loved the Cartel / Gus scenes. The photos that Mike took of Chucks house. How do you think Jimmy is planning to use them against Chuck? I couldn't work that part out.

He took photos of oil lamps on piles of newspaper, I think he's going to say he broke in because he feared for chuck's safety. Jimmy was made his guardian after he ended up in the hospital was he not?

I see chuck being humiliated in court, which is the worst thing that could happen to him. HHM don't want to be associated with a nutter so they punt him. 

His condition gets worse and he ends up burning down the house, in a cruel twist of fate that breaks Jimmy who then becomes Saul.

8 hours ago, eddiemunster said:

He took photos of oil lamps on piles of newspaper, I think he's going to say he broke in because he feared for chuck's safety. Jimmy was made his guardian after he ended up in the hospital was he not?

I see chuck being humiliated in court, which is the worst thing that could happen to him. HHM don't want to be associated with a nutter so they punt him. 

His condition gets worse and he ends up burning down the house, in a cruel twist of fate that breaks Jimmy who then becomes Saul.

Howard and the PI were there to witness what happened when Jimmy broke in, which is going to limit what Jimmy can say. I imagine you're right about Chuck being humiliated, though.

Interestingly, the last three episodes of this season are called Slip, Fall, and Lantern.

On 5/5/2017 at 06:49, eddiemunster said:

Yeah, pretty much what happened. Mike wasn't in this episode at all (or Gus) and didn't steal the tape. 

Spoiler

Jimmy argued that he said what he did on the tape because he feared for Chuck's state of mind. Huell played a pivotal role in this episode, surreptitiously planting a mobile phone battery in Chuck's inside jacket pocket which Jimmy used to devastating effect to show Chuck's condition is largely psychosomatic.

I know a lot of people disagree, but I've always enjoyed the Jimmy / Chuck storyline, so last night's episode was right up my street. If I'm honest, perhaps I would've preferred a bit more Jack Nicholson from A Few Good Men from Chuck at the end. More positively though, I thought they got round the fact that we all knew something was going to happen with a phone from early doors by making Chuck about as smug and sanctimonious as possible, so rather than the joy or the reveal, it was the joy of watching him dig himself deeper into the whole. The wifey who plays Kim is a bit underrated, IMO, but the way she's transformed from being the high flying by-the-book-attorney on the partner track, to being about as slippery as Jimmy has been great to watch. 

Felt like the whole thing has been building to that moment. Best episode of the series, up there with some of the better Breaking Bad episodes imo. What I really liked about it is you knew something was going to happen, they signposted it clearly, but watching Chuck fall for it knowing Jimmy had a killer trick up his sleeve was gripping. I've always enjoyed watching things where they basically let you know what will happen in advance, but they pull you in to watch it anyway, this episode did that superbly.

I think this 3rd season is absolutely the best of the 3.

Torn between feeling sorry for Jimmy, then his brother, then the brother comes over as a total dick and I am back to feeling sorry for Jimmy.

Kim seems to be getting sucked into Jimmy's world, I have a feeling that It's gonna end in tears.

Strangely Mike's story I feel has taken a bit of a back seat but he's still a great character. 

Wish all the episodes had gone up at once.

Edited by Romeo

At last Saul Goodman appears!!!

A few other tie ins to BB, namely Gus checking out his factory and the future home of The Fly and the first appearance of Lydia!!!

This is great stuff!!!