The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Very valid point.  But at the same time, 30% of the US population is going to vote Republican even if they have a rotten, racist moron who offends half the population and alienates themselves from half the eligible voters.  30% of the US population is going vote Democrat even if they put a hawkish, humourless, morally dubious bore up for election.  Most of the discussion here is between the hardcore Trumpers and the reluctant Clintonites purely because, in British terms, that's all we can ever be.  Nobody in a serious frame of mind is going to be a reluctant Trumper.

You also have to remember Trump has insulted almost every group apart from able bodied white Christian men who weren't POW's, about 70% of the population. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stevieda said:

You make have Americans electoral demographic slightly misstated there!

Maybe, I nicked it from an interview with Michael Moore, I think on Morning Joe on MSNBC. Do you have a more accurate figure?

Maybe, I nicked it from an interview with Michael Moore, I think on Morning Joe on MSNBC. Do you have a more accurate figure?

Quoting Michael Moore is as silly as quoting Breitbart. His recent sketch saying all Brexit voters regretted voting it and Trump voters will do the same was facepalm stuff.

2 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Quoting Michael Moore is as silly as quoting Breitbart. His recent sketch saying all Brexit voters regretted voting it and Trump voters will do the same was facepalm stuff.

Agreed, but I thought the 70% figure was understating it. I added "Christian" to the white men bit after seeing the John Stewart vid and remembering his meme of Clinton with a yellow star and backed by hundred dollar bills.

5 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Some of the idiots do regret it. The day after the result they were thinking "Oh shit! My protest vote has become reality, what now?"

Nonsense.

His history has always been comedy and entertainment but he's usually spot on when it comes to American politics.

Some of the idiots do regret it. The day after the result they were thinking "Oh shit! My protest vote has become reality, what now?"

I'm unsure who you're an alias of as I rarely descend into the farce that is the politics sub forum (outside of this thread), but you're wrong. Pretty much all post Brexit focus groups polled have shown that leavers remain satisfied with their choice.

Nonsense.

His history has always been comedy and entertainment but he's usually spot on when it comes to American politics.

Bowling for Columbine was a decent watch but he's disappeared up his fucking arse since and isn't spot on as you state. He's a smug sack of shite mostly.

Yeah, Moore's Trumpland stuff wasn't really much good at all. The clip I posted a few pages back about people getting even at the ballot box was a very good summary of the mindset of Trump voters.

Pretending Clinton is a great candidate because she pushed for universal healthcare 25 years ago, and she was pally with him at the White House? Not so good.

In other news, Nate Silver seems to be on the verge of a breakdown. The media's haranguing of him for daring to suggest Trump has some kind of chance seems to be getting to him, by the look of his Twitter feed.

Bowling for Columbine was a decent watch but he's disappeared up his fucking arse since and isn't spot on as you state. He's a smug sack of shite mostly.

Being smug and a 'sack of shite' does not necessarily mean he's wrong.

Sicko was a very good documentary, and there was an awful lot worthwhile in the one he did about capitalism too (can't remember its name).

Being smug and a 'sack of shite' does not necessarily mean he's wrong.

Sicko was a very good documentary, and there was an awful lot worthwhile in the one he did about capitalism too (can't remember its name).

My response to that other poster is one of Moore's examples of being full of nonsense. Made claims that all Brexit voters regretted their decision when it's statistically speaking not the case. I'll also leave the below article by Hitchens on Moore.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2004/06/unfairenheit_911.html

FBI have examined the new Clinton emails and found nothing to make them reopen the investigation, ie. zilch.

P.S. Too quick for me Peterhead boy.

PP.S Time for Democrat sympathisers to release the Apprentice "Ni**er" tapes without being accused of tit for tat.

Archived