The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

That'd be a fair post to make if MONKMAN actually made any suggestion that there was no bias.

Any suggestion like that is fucking stupid anyways. It's American media. They've always been biased.

I was talking more in general than at MONKM...Poopy McBumface.

Glad to see you all coming around to the disturbing, mass brainwashing anti-Trump pro-Shillery MSM bias and collusion.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a massive difference between media taking the side of someone in an election (happens literally everywhere) and actively taking orders from a campaign. It's shoddy and lazy journalism as much as anything else and isn't at all in the spirit of the 'free press' - especially when these very same journalists are decrying Putin as the bogeyman because (amongst other reasons) he 'controls the media'.

In a two-party state, when you have literally every single major news organisation bar Fox - print, TV and radio - supporting one of the parties, that is potentially a very serious issue. You'd hope the media would go back to lukewarmly tolerating the Republicans as soon as Trump is out the way, otherwise what truly is the difference between Russia and the US in terms of the relationship between media and Presidential administrations? In the recent Russian elections no major outlet supported a different party to Putin. In the US they may technically have the choice but with threat of boycott and tabloid hounding (look at the Facebook lad) is it really worth it, to go against the establishment line?

I suspect Banana and the people he's enraging know this. Don't want to ruin the fun though so I'd like to make it clear I am outraged. Carry on...

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

There's clearly going to be media bias, who in their right mind would endorse trump?

Endorsing a candidate is not a journalist job. Do you think a journalist should be biased only when their subjectivity is in line with your way of thinking. Are you a £3 snp member?

4 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

Endorsing a candidate is not a journalist job. Do you think a journalist should be biased only when their subjectivity is in line with your way of thinking. Are you a £3 snp member?

You seem to think so. Because they don't have their tongue up his ass, you seem to think theres some sinister bias going on.

Millions of Democrats now realising that McCain/Romney are actually fairly reasonable people.

Even Obama has said himself that he had profound disagreements with them, but he never doubted their ability to govern and would never have feared for the country.

I find Clinton a fairly displeasing person, but if I had to choose between her and Trump, it's her all the way.

4 hours ago, banana said:

:lol:

Stage 1. LOL there's no media bias, it's all conspiracy theories

Stage 2. Well of course there's media bias, duh

Stage 3. But but butbububut Trump bad! Deplorables! (insert other media fed narratives)!

Stage 4. Well actually supporting Trump was just for the lulz, kind of Mr Smith Goes To Washington if written and directed jointly by Quentin Tarantino and Oliver Stone - actually the idea of an incompetent bully with zero political experience even at city hall level being in charge of one of the most powerful nations on earth makes me envy North Korea's choice of presidency.

^^absolutely obsessed with the SNP.

On the issue of the U.S. media supporting Clinton, it seems to me that there are two possible reasons for this.

1.  It is all a big bad conspiracy.

2.  They realise that, regardless of any reservations about Clinton, Trump is completely unfit to be U.S. President.

Personally I think that it's reason 2.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

On the issue of the U.S. media supporting Clinton, it seems to me that there are two possible reasons for this.

1.  It is all a big bad conspiracy.

2.  They realise that, regardless of any reservations about Clinton, Trump is completely unfit to be U.S. President.

Personally I think that it's reason 2.

It's kind of like how either Rangers aren't very nice, or everyone is a Celtic fan.

The polls seem to have settled with Clinton around 3 to 4 points up. The pundits reckon the Democrat's superior get out the vote campaign could add a couple of points to that, Trump barely has one at all. If I could find a bookie to take the bet I'd go for a 6 point winning margin for Clinton.

McBookies are doing 5/2 on 5.01 to 10%, 11/10 for 0-5%. Tempted to go large on 5.01 - 10.

32 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Like the ones who write for the Mail and Express??

Or indeed the National.

It happens everywhere.  Probably it shouldn't, but I don't think anyone is under the misapprehension that it doesn't.

13 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Trump landslide incoming if the election is decided on Facebook likes.

fb.jpg

Are the angry smilies counted as 'Don't Knows'?

3 hours ago, Poo said:

You seem to think so. Because they don't have their tongue up his ass, you seem to think theres some sinister bias going on.

I didn't know what to think. That's why I asked. Are all you outside lefts obsessed with anal activities?  What a disgusting thought. There is quite clearly bias towards the Hilldibeast even in the UK media.

Archived