The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Americans most damaged by mass immigration are of course black. It's been a complete and utter disaster for their community. They had a nice run after mass Catholic white immigration was ended in the 20s and the wealthy industrialists were forced to hire them off the cotton plantations and into northern factories. The racial gap in all categories from wealth to education to test scores was slowly closing. Until the mid-60s sometime. Things have been in a holding pattern for most black stats relative to whites since then. Again, what happened? Oh that's right, the rich got new immigrants.

11 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Hiya Yank Mike/Swampy. You've previously made your Libertarian leanings fairly well known but seem keen on Donald. What's making you pick him over Johnson?

I'm libertarianish. Being a real libertarian is for teenagers who haven't experienced life. I don't care about gays or abortion or drugs and I don't like aggressive foreign policy. I'm just generally in favor of people letting other people live their lives as they see fit. Trump seems ok on that. Gary Johnson is on the side of libertarians that just see humans as widgets in a machine. Take one from Mexico, one from Iran, and one from Kentucky and it's all the same. I see humans as products of their culture, and like it or not, libertarian attitudes predominate in people of northern European (especially British and Protestant) background, and people who have assimilated to their norms. You can't have a libertarian society without libertarian attitudes and certainly not if we are going to be a democracy, which I favor.

1 minute ago, Deplorable said:

I'm libertarianish. Being a real libertarian is for teenagers who haven't experienced life. I don't care about gays or abortion or drugs and I don't like aggressive foreign policy. I'm just generally in favor of people letting other people live their lives as they see fit. Trump seems ok on that. Gary Johnson is on the side of libertarians that just see humans as widgets in a machine. Take one from Mexico, one from Iran, and one from Kentucky and it's all the same. I see humans as products of their culture, and like it or not, libertarian attitudes predominate in people of northern European background, and people who have assimilated to their norms. You can't have a libertarian society without libertarian attitudes and certainly not if we are going to be a democracy, which I favor.

Apart from the ones who are happy to come into the country to offer cheap labour?

10 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Apart from the ones who are happy to come into the country to offer cheap labour?

I'd also like to live in a society that has some semblance of a common culture (my culture) and a society where inequality is not completely out of whack, where folks starting at the bottom have a fair shot at a decent life. Zip up the borders and you take care of alot of that.

8 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

I'd also like to live in a society that has some semblance of a common culture (my culture) and a society where inequality is not completely out of whack, where folks starting at the bottom have a fair shot at a decent life. Zip up the borders and you take care of alot of that.

Do you actually believe in the American Dream?

14 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Do you actually believe in the American Dream?

Is the American Dream the ability to own a piece of land with a house and the ability to raise a family with your own money by the time you are 30 or so?

I believe anybody in the US with one of the following 3 qualities should have a good life assuming health. Above average IQ, above average work ethic, motivation to find and move for work.

I believe that most people with an average IQ and average work ethic can succeed, but I'd like it to be all.

I want to extend a greater opportunity to succeed to those here with below average IQs and below average work ethics.

I believe that every group of people who have ever come to the United States have been more economically successful here than they were in their home country. British, Swedes, Italians, Poles, Africans, Mexicans, Japanese, Chinese, etc.

4 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Is the American Dream the ability to own a piece of land with a house and the ability to raise a family with your own money by the time you are 30 or so?

I believe anybody in the US with one of the following 3 qualities should have a good life assuming health. Above average IQ, above average work ethic, motivation to find and move for work.

I believe that most people with an average IQ and average work ethic can succeed, but I'd like it to be all.

I want to extend a greater opportunity to succeed to those here with below average IQs and below average work ethics.

I believe that every group of people whose ever come to the United States has been more economically successful here than they were in their home country. British, Swedes, Italians, Poles, Africans, Mexicans, Japanese, Chinese, etc.

Worked out well for the indigenous folk.

Do you have a timescale on the assertion you are making? If you look at the last 50 years, when most of the Western World was experiencing significant growth, does your belief stack up?

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Worked out well for the indigenous folk.

Do you have a timescale on the assertion you are making? If you look at the last 50 years, when most of the Western World was experiencing significant growth, does your belief stack up?

Yes. People of Swedish background in America are richer than Swedes in Sweden today. Same with basically every other people group.

47 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

I'm libertarianish. Being a real libertarian is for teenagers who haven't experienced life. I don't care about gays or abortion or drugs and I don't like aggressive foreign policy. I'm just generally in favor of people letting other people live their lives as they see fit. Trump seems ok on that. Gary Johnson is on the side of libertarians that just see humans as widgets in a machine. Take one from Mexico, one from Iran, and one from Kentucky and it's all the same. I see humans as products of their culture, and like it or not, libertarian attitudes predominate in people of northern European (especially British and Protestant) background, and people who have assimilated to their norms. You can't have a libertarian society without libertarian attitudes and certainly not if we are going to be a democracy, which I favor.

Surely Swampy wouldn't post a line like that.

RCP's polling averages suggest it'll be 274-266 to Clinton. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Obviously that's awarding states to Clinton/Trump based on the slimmest of polling margins which will almost certainly not reflect reality, but would be real scenes if it happened. In that scenario Trump calling for a march on Washington wouldn't even surprise me. 

Interesting also in that it would assume Trump wins Florida, Ohio and North Carolina, and yet still fail to win. Still needs a New Hampshire/Colorado/Michigan if he doesn't get Pennsylvania, as looks likely. 

RCP's polling averages suggest it'll be 274-266 to Clinton. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Obviously that's awarding states to Clinton/Trump based on the slimmest of polling margins which will almost certainly not reflect reality, but would be real scenes if it happened. In that scenario Trump calling for a march on Washington wouldn't even surprise me. 

Interesting also in that it would assume Trump wins Florida, Ohio and North Carolina, and yet still fail to win. Still needs a New Hampshire/Colorado/Michigan if he doesn't get Pennsylvania, as looks likely. 

Could also be a really short night if Florida/North Carolina gets called for Clinton at midnight. Then it's over.

A high turnout in Miami could decide the whole thing. Polls are open and turnout is being monitored, so it's possible we'll be pretty sure who wins well before midnight our time. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/follow_slate_and_votecastr_for_real_time_election_day_turnout_tracking.html

Site goes live at 4pm our time.

Archived