The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

37 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I like tolerance but I'm certainly no fan of our current path of bending over backwards so as not to offend, it fucking offends me when I read seasons greetings on every Council Decoration in Ayr & Prestwick, no, we're celebrating Christmas you bunch of thick bawless self-serving c***s.

You're on the wind-up, right? It was a Christmas greeting commonly used by those notorious PC sticklers, the Victorians.

I suppose it makes a change from the usual 'seasonal greeting' about how we're all going to be forced to say 'Winterval' any day now. Been waiting for that to kick in for years, but some folk still want to think it's true for some reason.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

India Pakistan is far far worse than our own scourge IMHO.

I like tolerance but I'm certainly no fan of our current path of bending over backwards so as not to offend those fannies that appear to get offended on others behalf when the others don't really appear offended in the slightest, it fucking offends me when I read seasons greetings on every Council Decoration in Ayr & Prestwick, no, we're celebrating Christmas you bunch of thick bawless self-serving c***s.

I watched quite a few people getting pished celebrating Diwali the other week there, can't remember having any negative feelings or thoughts towards them enjoying themselves.

What's it supposed to say? "Merry christmas all you perfect white Christians"?

"Seasons greetings" has been used for centuries. Those pesky pro-pc victorians!

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You're on the wind-up, right? It was a Christmas greeting commonly used by those notorious PC sticklers, the Victorians.

I suppose it makes a change from the usual 'seasonal greeting' about how we're all going to be forced to say 'Winterval' any day now. Been waiting for that to kick in for years, but some folk still want to think it's true for some reason.

It wasn't a Christmas greeting commonly used in Ayr & Prestwick when I was growing up, it was brought in here because they didn't want to offend those who until then hadn't shown any signs of being offended, no doubt the bible thumpers in SAC, of which there appears to have been quite a few over the years, felt it didn't really fit in with their perception/knowledge/view of their religion. 

14 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

One thing that hasn't been pointed out as well is the talk of Trump never talking policy. Trump talked policy a hell of a lot more than Clinton did. I can't remember a single thing Clinton proposed.

Clinton talked policy all the time but it was so boringly sensible and detailed it never caught the headlines. Trump's a master of the soundbite and never explained how he was going to do anything, other than "The Mexicans will pay for it.". 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Clinton talked policy all the time but it was so boringly sensible and detailed it never caught the headlines. Trump's a master of the soundbite and never explained how he was going to do anything, other than "The Mexicans will pay for it.". 

I actually enjoyed Trump ripping her about always talking the talk without ever doing much to prove she could walk, not a peep came back in defence.

Out of interest, what were her policy suggestions? Trump definitely won the sound bites. As slogans go "Make America Great Again" is a much more energising slogan than "I'm With Her". It reduced the Clinton campaign to nothing more than co-signing her dream of being president. I'm not surprised Obama voters switched off.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Out of interest, what were her policy suggestions? Trump definitely won the sound bites. As slogans go "Make America Great Again" is a much more energising slogan than "I'm With Her". It reduced the Clinton campaign to nothing more than co-signing her dream of being president. I'm not surprised Obama voters switched off.

If she'd stuck to 3 or 4 big ideas she might have done better. Here's 279, a bit bigger than Milliband's tombstone.

https://www.politiplatform.com/clinton

India Pakistan is far far worse than our own scourge IMHO.

I like tolerance but I'm certainly no fan of our current path of bending over backwards so as not to offend those fannies that appear to get offended on others behalf when the others don't really appear offended in the slightest, it fucking offends me when I read seasons greetings on every Council Decoration in Ayr & Prestwick, no, we're celebrating Christmas you bunch of thick bawless self-serving c***s.

I watched quite a few people getting pished celebrating Diwali the other week there, can't remember having any negative feelings or thoughts towards them enjoying themselves.

Criticises people for getting offended by something trivial.

Gets offended by something trivial.

"Season's Greetings" has been around for over a century. It's nothing to do with Political Correctness.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

I actually enjoyed Trump ripping her about always talking the talk without ever doing much to prove she could walk, not a peep came back in defence.

Have you noticed the irony in this statement yet?

By the time of the next election, assuming Trump lasts until then, it will be interesting to see the response of those who fell for the "Make America Great Again" bullshit.

Those who voted for him because he was a racist, sexist, xenophobic misogynist will probably forgive him; those that voted for him despite these traits may be less forgiving.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

By the time of the next election, assuming Trump lasts until then, it will be interesting to see the response of those who fell for the "Make America Great Again" bullshit.

Those who voted for him because he was a racist, sexist, xenophobic misogynist will probably forgive him; those that voted for him despite these traits may be less forgiving.

The response will be to fall for whatever other shit turd of a slogan either party comes up with in the next election. It's how western "democracy" works. A party makes promsies it has no intentions of keeping, wins the election, fails to deliver, the other party then promises change, is voted in.... and round and round we go.

4 minutes ago, Poo said:

Have you noticed the irony in this statement yet?

There's no irony in it, she's spent most of her life in politics and returned not very much, he's an rich egotistical maniac who as yet hasn't held positions within politics, I've no doubt he's played the establishment over the decades like almost every rich businessperson there is but he's not as yet been in a position to prove whether he's all gub 'n' nae troosers.

Just now, ayrmad said:

There's no irony in it, she's spent most of her life in politics and returned not very much, he's an rich egotistical maniac who as yet hasn't held positions within politics, I've no doubt he's played the establishment over the decades like almost every rich businessperson there is but he's not as yet been in a position to prove whether he's all gub 'n' nae troosers.

The irony is staring you right in the face.
Trump is blabbing on about Hilary "talking the talk", while Hilary says absolutely nothing in response. Meanwhile, he's backtracking on literally everything he has said during the election campaign, making out that he was just kidding on all along.

Do you actually pay any attention to reality?

1 minute ago, Poo said:

The irony is staring you right in the face.
Trump is blabbing on about Hilary "talking the talk", while Hilary says absolutely nothing in response. Meanwhile, he's backtracking on literally everything he has said during the election campaign, making out that he was just kidding on all along.

Do you actually pay any attention to reality?

I was specifically talking about pre-election, I didn't have the benefit of seeing into the future when the 1st debate(?) was on.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I was specifically talking about pre-election, I didn't have the benefit of seeing into the future when the 1st debate(?) was on.

Why would you be referring to pre-election? It's over and done with. We're "here" right now and Trump is an utter gobshite.

9 minutes ago, Poo said:

Why would you be referring to pre-election? It's over and done with. We're "here" right now and Trump is an utter gobshite.

Because I want to, if you don't like it go post with other like-minded fandans, AdLib's looking for a wee consoling arm if you're needing to be appreciated.

Archived