World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be surprised if Wales aren't at the World Cup. They're clearly a very useful side with some excellent players and a manager who knows what he's doing.

Was a bit worried when I read that the Albania-Macedonia game had stopped mid-way through, but it turns out that heavy rain was the cause.

There are two big screens set up in Pristina, one showing the Kosovo game and another the Albanian. The Albanian is more popular. A draw away to Finland isn't bad, but it'd be nice to see Kosovo starting to get some good results to turn people around to them.

Not understanding the dislike for Wales or Ireland. I hope to see all the home nations and the Rep Ireland do well in these qualifers. Not often they are all unbeaten in a round of matches.
Would make the finals more interesting if England weren't the only qualifer out of these.

13 hours ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Iceland now one each. Might not have had Serbia on my coupon if I'd known they were playing behind closed doors.

That wasn't a closed doors game last night - they served those two games in Euro 2016 qualifying against Denmark and Armenia. There's just a general apathy towards the national team due to their underachievement.

Albania-Macedonia game was stopped by a torrential rainstorm which left the park unplayable.

After much hurried neogtiation the final fourteen minutes of the game will be played today with a 1400 kick off at the same venue. Bizarre to say the least- can't remember that happening in another WC qualifier.

The game is poised very finely at 1-1. Macedonia were brutal in the first half and lucky to only be one down but really had the upper hand in the second, so suspect Albania will have been happier with the delay.

11 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

After much hurried neogtiation the final fourteen minutes of the game will be played today with a 1400 kick off at the same venue. Bizarre to say the least- can't remember that happening in another WC qualifier.

I'm not sure about international matches, but it has happened for a few European games.  There was an important Champions League group game between Galatasaray and Juventus that got abandoned at half-time and then replayed the following morning.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure about international matches, but it has happened for a few European games.  There was an important Champions League group game between Galatasaray and Juventus that got abandoned at half-time and then replayed the following morning.

I have a vague recollection of Galatasary wrecking one half of the pitch to hamper Juve the next day.

Archived