The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, Fide said:

Looks like we're signing Kyle Magennis. A great signing, if we can keep him fit. 

Spoiler, you won't.

A very, very talented player who has been broken for the last 4 years, which considering he's still only 24, isn't good.

31 minutes ago, Fide said:

Doesn't look great, but we'll see. 

He had a lengthy absence earlier than the ones on the list. An innocuous tackle on him in a friendly v Dundee in 2017/18 resulted in him missing 16 matches of the promotion season !

27 minutes ago, billyg said:

He had a lengthy absence earlier than the ones on the list. An innocuous tackle on him in a friendly v Dundee in 2017/18 resulted in him missing 16 matches of the promotion season !

My memory is a bit hazy but I remember Dundee being pretty dirty that game. And I'm certain Magennis got quite a heavy challenge by Mark O'Hara. 

I warned the Hibs fans of how injury prone he was when they signed him.

They didn't believe me. They do now..................................

A real shame as he's a very talented player, when fit.

This has to be a percentages game being played by McInnes. Magennis has talent but no ability to stay fit. As he was one of our youth players, we probably stuck with him longer than we should, and some people were disappointed that he moved on, but ultimately it was the right choice for us, and presumably the right choice for Hibs to cut their losses.

I suppose the question for Killie fans is whether this is money well spent.

44 minutes ago, Ric said:

This has to be a percentages game being played by McInnes. Magennis has talent but no ability to stay fit. As he was one of our youth players, we probably stuck with him longer than we should, and some people were disappointed that he moved on, but ultimately it was the right choice for us, and presumably the right choice for Hibs to cut their losses.

It is for the manger to determine, with the advice of our medical team, whether it's money well spent. 

3 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

It is for the manger to determine, with the advice of our medical team, whether it's money well spent. 

If I wanted to know what McInnes thinks I can read that in some random red-top, which will probably sound the same as what you wrote.

My comment was aimed at the fans, unless, of course, if McInnes has a P&B account and would like to add their thoughts directly.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

If I wanted to know what McInnes thinks I can read that in some random red-top, which will probably sound the same as what you wrote.

My comment was aimed at the fans, unless, of course, if McInnes has a P&B account and would like to add their thoughts directly.

You are indeed a patronising fellow with absolutely no need. Of course you aimed it at the fans, I new that. Fact is whether you or me or any of the 5,000 + season ticket holders at Rugby Park think it would be value for money is irrelevant. Only DM's opinion is vallid.

As a side issue what is it like having all things Killie living inside your head rent free ?

5 hours ago, Ric said:

McInnes purposely goes for these types of players. 

2 hours ago, KTID26 said:

As a side issue what is it like having all things Killie living inside your head rent free ?

:lol:

Deary fucking me, what a mess you are.

You've somehow got all teary because I pointed out you never answered the question. I can't imagine the incandescent rages you fly into when someone gets your Starbucks order wrong.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

McInnes purposely goes for these types of players. 

Which sort of goes to the point of my question before fanny baws above you went in a little strop. McInnes could 'get away' with gambling at Aberdeen. At least more so, imo, than he will be able to here. The margins are slimmer and the risks greater.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

Which sort of goes to the point of my question before fanny baws above you went in a little strop. McInnes could 'get away' with gambling at Aberdeen. At least more so, imo, than he will be able to here. The margins are slimmer and the risks greater.

No he couldn't. It's exactly the same as at Aberdeen the risky business he'd have done would have been coupled with more expenditure.

51 minutes ago, Ric said:

You've somehow got all teary because I pointed out you never answered the question. I can't imagine the incandescent rages you fly into when someone gets your Starbucks order wrong.

Killie fans on here are notoriously touchy. After I pointed out at the start of last season that their squad was shite and they'd be in for a relegation battle, they spent all season calling me weird and saying Killie lived rent free in my head, and bizarrely, every time they won a game, posted comments like "pray for hendo", which kind of proved that, ironically, it was me living rent free in their head.

Their behaviour could be perhaps more understandable if I'd said anything controversial, but I didn't; their squad was shite and a relegation battle did follow.

Just be careful ric, you might become their new obsession.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Aw Ric you clearly do not like being challenged what a sad little boy you are. 

3 hours ago, KTID26 said:

You are indeed a patronising fellow with absolutely no need. Of course you aimed it at the fans, I new that. Fact is whether you or me or any of the 5,000 + season ticket holders at Rugby Park think it would be value for money is irrelevant. Only DM's opinion is vallid.

This is a very strange post - writing off the opinion of anyone bar Derek McInnes is slightly odd.