The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

3 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

When Killie played Falkirk on the last day of the season and got a draw to avoid relegation the Killie supporters I spoke to that day said the club was facing financial ruin if they had been relegated.

What's the financial position of Klilie these days with relegation now confirmed?

A lot has changed since Falkirk were last in the top flight over a decade ago.

All the banks wiped large portions of football on the basis that they had completely fucked it up. They were not getting the money back and better to take the loss and move on instead of forcing clubs into administration and still not getting the money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26583407

Billy Bowie isn't short of cash should Killie need it.

44 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

He deserves his chance Ali.... we can blame our season and the two legs against Dundee on any number of reasons but TW isn't one of them we find ourselves in this position.

He has been banging on for a month and more about what they practice in training goes out the window come match days as they dont/wont listen or take things onboard.

There's been a poison element and split in that dressing room since Alessio was appointed then allowed to continue under Dyer, case in point, bringing back Broadfoot from St Mirren and allowing Dicker to continue his influence. Christ, the man even brought back an unfit Mulumbu who was happy to sit on his arse at home in Paris the previous season then expected just to role up n play.

TW has had to kid n cajole them in an attempt to get them onside in an attempt to get us to safety, which he did to a point but ultimately wasn't enough .

He has to be given the chance to weed out that dead wood and build his own squad. I don't think it's fair to judge him based on what he had to work with since February when he was appointed.

I absolutely think a mass clear-out and letting TW start from scratch is a better idea than just sacking him and having no real direction. Clearly he was not a fan of the squad he inherited, and why should he be? They were rubbish, and unlike with us and Jim "the cunt" McIntyre, that factor wasn't his fault. Bring on the wholesale changes I'd say.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He looked completely uninterested in both legs. He's literally put more effort into calling out Mulumbu than he did trying to change anything last night. 

I dont know about that, he did take Haunstrup off after about 35 mins of being run ragged be your guys 😉

In all seriousness though, Wright has been a shadown of his former self. Think that year out of football has mellowed him too much 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He reminded me of the - what it appeared at the time - the never ending revolving door of huddy Italians we brought in with Bonetti. 

He gave me Davide Grassi vibes.

This has been overlooked, and was a bit at the time too, but the decision to sell Stuart Findlay off to the MLS as we battled relegation was a disaster. I don’t grudge the boy the move but our chances of staying up would’ve been much improved if we had kept him.

6 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

When Killie played Falkirk on the last day of the season and got a draw to avoid relegation the Killie supporters I spoke to that day said the club was facing financial ruin if they had been relegated.

What's the financial position of Klilie these days with relegation now confirmed?

The finanial situation is totally different to then - we were something like £10m in debt at that stage, but that's no longer the case. Obviously like every club finances aren't great right now, but I've not seen or heard anything which has given me cause for major concern.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

This has been overlooked, and was a bit at the time too, but the decision to sell Stuart Findlay off to the MLS as we battled relegation was a disaster. I don’t grudge the boy the move but our chances of staying up would’ve been much improved if we had kept him.

We likely wouldn't have been able to sign Lafferty and would never have scored ever again. Findlay was injured at the time and is injured again, so there's no guarantee he'd have played much for us.

The following players will depart the club upon the end of their contract: Gary Dicker, Clevid Dikamona, George Oakley, Danny Rogers, Youssouf Mulumbu, Aaron Tshibola, Diaguely Dabo, Nicke Kabamba, Danny Whitehall, Ally Taylor.

The following players have returned to their parent club: Colin Doyle, Zeno Ibsen Rossi, Zech Medley, Brandon Pierrick

Contracted players for 2021/22: Rory McKenzie, Alan Power, Aaron McGowan, Brandon Haunstrup, Innes Cameron

The club will be offering new deals to the following players: Mitch Pinnock, Greg Kiltie, Kyle Lafferty, Ross Millen, Calum Waters, Kyle Connell and Tomas Brindley.

The following players are considering the next step in their careers: Chris Burke, Kirk Broadfoot

2 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

What in gods name does Tommy Wright see in Mitch Pinnock? He is horrendous 

He's over 6ft.