The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Thanks for sending Bobby Goals our way. He took a while to get his first goal (you could see the talent still) but once he did he grew in confidence and became such a key player. Great feet and movement as well as the goal threat. He spoke very well on tv after the Cove game and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Gave everything yesterday and set up our equaliser after having to go a bit deeper after the Alloa red card. Wish him all the best for the future, hope he ends up being a star. 

Even though our social media has been largely very good over the last few months I feel as if they are reaching a bit at times. A couple of the tweets, replying to randomers, over the last 24 hours haven’t been great in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It has very much verged into "random fan with a login" stuff quite a few times over the last couple of months, let's be honest.

Maybe just 3 or 4 cringy tweets over the last few months but for me 2 of those have came in the last 12 hours.

Make it happen DM....

Kilmarnock manager Derek McInnes is confident of "good news" regarding Danny Armstrong's future as he looks to secure the standout winger on a new deal.

Armstrong, 26, has been instrumental in helping the Ayrshire side secure fourth in the Premiership with a couple of games to spare and is in talks over extending his contract, which expires next May.

“We have been speaking. Hopefully there is some good news on that soon," said McInnes.

"We’d like Danny to stay and Danny has indicated he’d love to stay. He’s playing the best football of his career here, Kilmarnock has been really good for Danny and Danny has been brilliant for us.

"Hopefully there’s a deal there to be done. We’ve had loads of conversations with a lot of players behind the scenes about extending and signing. And [we are] speaking to others from outwith to try and get them in the door as well for pre-season, so these conversations are ongoing.”

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Make it happen DM....

Kilmarnock manager Derek McInnes is confident of "good news" regarding Danny Armstrong's future as he looks to secure the standout winger on a new deal.

Armstrong, 26, has been instrumental in helping the Ayrshire side secure fourth in the Premiership with a couple of games to spare and is in talks over extending his contract, which expires next May.

“We have been speaking. Hopefully there is some good news on that soon," said McInnes.

"We’d like Danny to stay and Danny has indicated he’d love to stay. He’s playing the best football of his career here, Kilmarnock has been really good for Danny and Danny has been brilliant for us.

"Hopefully there’s a deal there to be done. We’ve had loads of conversations with a lot of players behind the scenes about extending and signing. And [we are] speaking to others from outwith to try and get them in the door as well for pre-season, so these conversations are ongoing.”

Please 🤞

Hi folks, going to leave a wee link to our podcast as we interviewed Bobby Wales this week following his loan spell with us - its obviously very Alloa focussed but if you fancy a listen you can get it on this link or Spotify/Apple Podcast etc (Wasps Nest Podcast) - https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

A hell of a young prospect you guys have on your hands with Bobby and he comes across as a very impressive guy off the park as well.

59 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Bumped into David Watson outside Glasgow central station today on my way to see my parents, what lovely guy.

Why was he going to see your parents?

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Why was he going to see your parents?

Hahaha that was rather clumsily worded, I'll put it down to being in the presence of greatness.

If a deal can be done to keep Armstrong and Watson stays where he is, would be a massive boost.

Talk about a deal for GMS and Watkins, still need to decide on Stewart, hopefully get Findlay's loan extended.

If we can achieve that maybe not too much extra business required...probably need a keeper, a left back and maybe one more forward and that could be it 

Good Luck in Europe chaps, hope you make it to the EL-PO, so at least get GS Football in the Conf

If we're there too, I don't mind you chaps getting half the TV dough, it's only about €490K anyway 👍

3rd round Europa League Qualifying is usually a brutal draw, hope you get someone you can turn over