Motherwell vs St Mirren 07/04/15

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We brought a good support to Rugby Park a couple of weeks ago, but I think that late collapse finished it for a lot of people this season. Can't blame them though.

The board have got a cheek coming out with a half-arsed statement like that after the omnishambles they've created this season.

Bit rich coming out with that on the day of the game. Especially with how our season has been.

There are two things at play here: firstly, SMISA asked the BOD to issue a rallying cry, so I can only assume this is a response to that.

Secondly, re the timing, I guess they're damned either way. The BOD has been farcically uncommunicative this season, and that's their fault, but we can't have a go at them for finally speaking to the fans ahead of our first real, no-foolin' must-win game of the season, surely?

Looking forward to this one. A home win all but relegates St. Mirren, and with Partick away at Parkhead tomorrow, it would bring them right into it as well.

10 of the 11 starters from Saturday are certs to play again tonight. Not sure whether Marvin Johnson is fit enough for tonight, if he is he'll start. If not, Grant may start there again, or potentially a start for Dom Thomas. Interesting to see he wasn't involved in the U20's last night, and have seen no reports of an injury.

The longer this goes without a goal, the more nervous the home crowd will get. Hopefully, we have too much going forward and can get an early goal or two to settle us down.

Motherwell 3-1 St. Mirren

(Erwin x2, McDonald)

There are two things at play here: firstly, SMISA asked the BOD to issue a rallying cry, so I can only assume this is a response to that.

Secondly, re the timing, I guess they're damned either way. The BOD has been farcically uncommunicative this season, and that's their fault, but we can't have a go at them for finally speaking to the fans ahead of our first real, no-foolin' must-win game of the season, surely?

Well I hope SMISA ask the board to get their fingers out and stop making daft decisions, regarding the management of the club.

The call should have been put out straight after the results on Saturday. It's a pathetic attempt at getting people to go to the match, that wouldn't be already. There's is absolutely no incentive, a free bus would have least tempted a few more. I expect the 'renew your season ticket' letter will be out soon as well.

Kilmarnock had a great deal for all fans on Saturday past....£20 for an adult and 3 kids, in my opinion this should be standard across all of the diddy clubs throughout the SPFL, as it at least resembles value for money.

On the match tonight, I'm always nervous when it looks like a banker Motherwell win, but I'd like to think that with the run we are on we'll be too good for St Mirren.

There is no danger we are scoring any more than one goal. Equally, there is no danger we are keeping a clean sheet. There is absolutely no reason to suggest that St.Mirren will attack tonight. We have had almost a whole season to start and we still haven't as we aren't good enough to.

Tonight will confirm what we have known since about December. We are already gone.

Motherwell 2 St.Mirren 0

Kilmarnock had a great deal for all fans on Saturday past....£20 for an adult and 3 kids, in my opinion this should be standard across all of the diddy clubs throughout the SPFL, as it at least resembles value for money.

I paid £22 for me alone, how did you pull that one!?

I'm feeling quite bullish about this one. On recent form and performances we should win this one and at least avoid automatic relegation but in 'crunch' matches we've not done well and these types of games are often bore draws.

That said, if we can get off to a good start I think we should win comfortably. Hopefully we are confident and aggressive because really all the pressure is on St. Mirren tonight.

post-9889-0-17540000-1428415790.jpg

Time to put the green screens up round Fir Park as Motherwell put us out of our misery.

Our squads aren't too dissimilar in level but our players have shown all season

that they just don't have the desire or the balls.

You can't just expect to start spouting stuff about 6 cup finals and turn on the fight.

Looking forward to this but I'm not confident and I'm making no prediction either.

Just a good old fashioned Scottish fitba fuckfest.

attachicon.gifgreen screens.jpg

Time to put the green screens up round Fir Park as Motherwell put us out of our misery.

Our squads aren't too dissimilar in level but our players have shown all season

that they just don't have the desire or the balls.

You can't just expect to start spouting stuff about 6 cup finals and turn on the fight.

I reckon after the January window our team is a fair bit better than Saints.

Middle to front, I don't think there's much doubt as we added Pearson, McDonald and Johnson and Saints lost McLean - but - defensively, I don't think there is much in it at all....

Not opened either of those links but I know exactly what games they are *shudder*.

I was feeling right confident about this game but you've just given me the fear.

Still, I think we've got the firepower to score a few. Here's hoping Georgie Long doesn't fling any in.

Definitely, your marquee signing was Scott McDonald....ours was Alan Gow.

I would of said mid February all 3 of County,Motherwell and ourselves deserved to be relegated but now we are clearly the worst team in the league.

Seeing Thommo in that second highlights reel there underlines what we've missed this year. A pure poacher who actually knows where the goal is. He had another couple of chances beyond his goals, and nearly always hits the target.

Such is the difference between relegation and safety.

Archived