Scottish Football's Most Dramatic Turnarounds

We hold out to win but United turn things round with a little assistance to all but relegate us.

Yep, Hartley's sending off certainly helped United's come back.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legend has it that in the 60's we came back from 5-0 down at half time against Aberdeen at Pittodrie to draw 5-5 and also from 5-1 down away to Stenhousemuir to again draw 5-5. Google just gives the results, not the detail though. Perhaps Jacksgranda can throw some light on the Aberdeen one?

The Stenhousemuir game in 1962 saw Saints come back from 5-1 down with 26 minutes left to draw 5-5. Saints scored four goals in six minutes. The Aberdeen game a couple of years later only saw us come back from 5-2 down with 30 minutes left.

Morton's collapse in 2003-2004

15 points clear at the start of January if I remember correctly. We went to Cappielow to play them in the Scottish Cup - they were flying at the time and we were bottom of the Premier. 'See you next year' they chanted.

We whacked them 3-0 and they imploded almost immediately after that game. They've repeated this act of bottling it hilariously another two or three times since.

The Deefiant season. 25 points, it was'nt enough!

I'm sure you would've finished one point behind Dunfermline who were promoted if you never got that point deduction.

I'm sure you would've finished one point behind Dunfermline who were promoted if you never got that point deduction.

Correct.

The Stenhousemuir game in 1962 saw Saints come back from 5-1 down with 26 minutes left to draw 5-5. Saints scored four goals in six minutes. The Aberdeen game a couple of years later only saw us come back from 5-2 down with 30 minutes left.

Excellent work sir. Is this info in Bristling or such? Disappointing it wasn't a 5 goal comeback against the Dons after all. I've been lied to. :(

Hearts' dramatic reversal of fortunes at the end of 85-86 is one of the great moments in Hibs History

But the one that started the previous Autumn was more dramatic still

Defeat in Clydebank had left Hearts on Pld 8, W 2, D 1, L5

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198509281.html

Our next defeat was Dens Park meaning we'd dropped as many points in the last 28 as we had in those first 8

ICT roaring back to win the First Division back in 2009/10 with a 27 point swing from Dundee.

In terms of negative turnaround who can forget Terry Butcher taking Hibs from mid table safety into SFL1 via the playoffs. Incredible stuff!

Is this info in Bristling or such? Disappointing it wasn't a 5 goal comeback against the Dons after all. I've been lied to.

Yeah, bit about both games in the book. Stenny one is described as greatest comeback in club's history, so possibly only time we've come from four goals down? Gone very quiet on the new edition but hopefully it's still planned.

Yeah, bit about both games in the book. Stenny one is described as greatest comeback in club's history, so possibly only time we've come from four goals down? Gone very quiet on the new edition but hopefully it's still planned.

I'd guess so now. Offhand I can only think of one time we've come back from a 3 goal deficit and we ultimately lost it 5-3 at Dens and have never heard of 4 other than the Stennie game.

I don't know why I didn't buy the original Bristling so am keen for the updated version to appear. Hopefully the silence is due to them working on it.

In 1997 we were 3-1 down to Cowdenbeath at Central Park in the 90th minute and won 4-3. IIRC, 2 of our 3 injury time goals were scored by winning the ball back from the home side straight from kick off and going up the park and scoring,

In 1997 we were 3-1 down to Cowdenbeath at Central Park in the 90th minute and won 4-3. IIRC, 2 of our 3 injury time goals were scored by winning the ball back from the home side straight from kick off and going up the park and scoring,

I can still remember my Dad's face after the game. I wasn't at the game but met him afterwards and I've never seen him quite so depressed :lol:

3-2 down you were, still impressive nonetheless. Caley also scored twice in about sixty seconds against us in injury time to snatch a draw 3-3 in a New year game in 01 or 02. County also came back from 3-0 down at Caley park to snatch an equaliser in injury time from Stephen McGarry, it later got voted goal of the season.

Archived