Good old aberdonian pub

Oh that's a shame.i hope if it's still open they've kept it to his specifications.

I would have bought a pint then after that I'd have asked for a babycham.

RIP in the boozer in the sky big man

Grimbo

That's proper customer service.

Ta for the up, I've got to have at least 1 pint in there. It's on my bucket list now.

Grimbo

Would be funny to see an englishman trying to order a glass of Chateau des Barraillots Cabernet Sauvignon 62 in there

Two dodgy pubs I mind of when I lived in Aberdeen twenty years ago-

The Seaton Arms, aka "The Broken Arms" and Martin's Bar.

Some students made the mistake of going into Martin's Bar on a Saturday night- one of them ended up with a broken nose. I went in with a mate on a Tuesday afternoon. Two old boys were playing dominoes. "How nice" I thought in my youthful ignorance. Two minutes later the board was couped with a cry of "ye f*cking cheat" and a fight started between them..

I think both establishments have been gentrified since then...

The Broadsword in Tillydrone was another boozer with a reputation..

Aberdeen has some rough pubs.

The Seaon is now shut but just up from it is the totally wrongly named Rowan Tree,

This is a 1960s style concrete bunker of council estate pub.

However just off George St is Coopers. On going in one day I was kicked in the side of the

head by a local looney running across the bar and jumping at me.

After things calmed dow, he did apologise on the grounds of mistaken identity,

he was waiting for somebody. At no point was he asked to leave despite it being

quick clear how he intended to greet his friend when he did show up.

Had my pint and moved on.

Two dodgy pubs I mind of when I lived in Aberdeen twenty years ago-

The Seaton Arms, aka "The Broken Arms" and Martin's Bar.

Some students made the mistake of going into Martin's Bar on a Saturday night- one of them ended up with a broken nose. I went in with a mate on a Tuesday afternoon. Two old boys were playing dominoes. "How nice" I thought in my youthful ignorance. Two minutes later the board was couped with a cry of "ye f*cking cheat" and a fight started between them..

I think both establishments have been gentrified since then...

The Broadsword in Tillydrone was another boozer with a reputation..

My first night working in The Glen kyle in Airdrie finished up in a melee about penny a hand dominoes. Furniture and bodies everywhere for a total of about 4 pence. I just let them get on with it.

My favourite is the 524 Cocktail Bar where I doubt a cocktail has ever been sold. Mate of mine walked in and upon being asked if he was a student and answering yes, he was told to f**k off to one of the million other student haunts.

That's not why it's my 'favourite' though. Simply down to the two German Shepherds that are always outside the door. If you view the place on Google Streetview then you'll see them there as puppies.

My favourite is the 524 Cocktail Bar where I doubt a cocktail has ever been sold. Mate of mine walked in and upon being asked if he was a student and answering yes, he was told to f**k off to one of the million other student haunts.

That's not why it's my 'favourite' though. Simply down to the two German Shepherds that are always outside the door. If you view the place on Google Streetview then you'll see them there as puppies.

The pub does indeed look like a hell-hole but I see no German Shepherds :(

Although round the corner, I did espy a couple of neds either transporting some stolen goods in a crisp box, or bringing home their weans' dinner.

post-4857-0-65602900-1428955290_thumb.pn

The pub does indeed look like a hell-hole but I see no German Shepherds :(

Ach, it's been updated to Sept '14. :thumbsdown

They'll be in there.

Eta: Alternative view. There's a reason my other half calls Staffies 'George Street Dogs'.

post-13234-0-74581200-1428976636_thumb.p

Archived