Your all time favourite eleven

mattydfc

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough. I could pick about 6 keepers for a start. And I can't even find a sport for Gheorghe Hagi or Zvonimir Boban!

GK - Michel PREUD'HOMME

CB - Jurgen KOHLER CB - Gaetano SCIREA

RB - Lillian THURAM LB - Philip LAHM

DM - Frank RIJKAARD

RW - Dejan SAVICEVIC LW - Michael LAUDRUP

AM - Michel PLATINI

CF - Dennis BERGKAMP CF - ROMARIO

Buffon

Cafu - Puyol - Cannavaro - Lizarazu

Zidane - Pirlo - Ronaldinho

Henry - Raul - Podolski

I'd like to substitute Pirlo out for Joao Moutinho

Favourites as opposed to best? OK (no AFC players although obviously I have loads of favourites to chose from here)

1. Pat Jennings

2. Carlos Alberto

3. Paulo Maldini

5. Franco Baresi

6. Franz Beckenbauer

4. Billy Bremner

8. Osvaldo Ardiles

10. Edson Arantes do Nascimento

7. Gerd Muller

9. Malcolm MacDonald

11. Johan Cruyff

I see most of us have included Zidane.

Those that haven't are clearly imposters and should stick to hockey or water polo or handball or whatever their real sport is.

I can't believe I forgot about Zidane. I'd definitely punt him in over Viera or Seedorf. Legend

GK - Jose Luis Chilavert

RB - Francisco Arce

CB - Fabio Cannavaro

CB - Lilian Thuram

LB - Gianluca Zambrotta

DM - Matias Almeyda

CM - Pavel Nedved

CM - Juan Roman Riquelme

RW - Thierry Henry

LW - Alessandro Del Piero

CF - Christian Vieri

Honourable mentions to Alessandro Nesta, Gaizka Mendieta and Antonio Di Natale who I considered but left out.

I realise my "wingers" are just other strikers that I liked rather than actual wingers, but I want to play all 3 of them and think this team needs a bit of width seeing as the midfielders are all central. Then again, Arce and Zambrotta would be playing in attack half the time anyway, so these guys could drift inside to a more natural position.

Thanks for the Zambrotta hint, yoda. Great utility man that fits my LB need. Couldn't think of anyone else (never was a fan of Roberto Carlos) and I loved watching him roam around at LB for Juve.

As far as I can see, the first to list Riquelme? Shows how spoiled we've been with guys like Ronaldinho and Kaka during his playing time that someone as good as him doesn't even get a mention. A fucking fantastic footballer.

Seriously, can you guys only name players from the last 10 years (or to have been on FIFA) or something?

*shakes head sadly and in despair smiley*

Most people are only like 25-30 on here. You and old man danger should share your pre-war teams when he finds his way out of the premier league forum.

I have to admit I'm feeling regret that I forgot about some of the great Valencia, Villareal and Real Sociedad sides that have existed in my lifetime. Plenty of players in there I liked.

Higuita

Cafu Baresi Sammer Maldini

Zidane Prosinecki Iniesta

(Fat)Ronaldo Batistuta Messi

Seriously, can you guys only name players from the last 10 years (or to have been on FIFA) or something?

*shakes head sadly and in despair smiley*

4 of my 11 were in their national sides at Italia 90. I can't really remember football before then because I'm only 33.

Auld c*nt.

Archived