First World Problems

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

Had to throw out 2 chicken breasts that had gone off and were stinking out the fridge.

I had to throw out a big 5 pack of chicken breasts the other day. Poor animals died for nothing. They could've been happily caged up laying eggs all day. What a waste of life.

I had to throw out a big 5 pack of chicken breasts the other day. Poor animals died for nothing. They could've been happily caged up laying eggs all day. What a waste of life.

There's not much that annoys me more than having to throw food out. If you have chicken breasts and aren't sure when you are going to eat them just put them in the freezer. Wouldn't want anyone having to go through what I did last night.

Buttered my toast this morning only to discover there was no marmalade.  Can't really put Nutella on buttered toast so had to make do with it relatively bland (one slice was a heel* hence needed a good bit of cover), although having fancy bread has possibly saved the day.

*heel, not a f***ing 'ender'.

Buttered my toast this morning only to discover there was no marmalade.  Can't really put Nutella on buttered toast so had to make do with it relatively bland (one slice was a heel* hence needed a good bit of cover), although having fancy bread has possibly saved the day.

*heel, not a f***ing 'ender'.

Crust or outsider is the correct term

Just now, Wren Road said:

Crust is the correct term

All slices have crust*, the heel having that bit more, hence it doesn't specifically identify the heels.

*Unless you're one of those picky weirdos who buys the crustless loafs.

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

I hate the end bits of loaf.
Edit: the end bits are the two end bits of the loaf, not the crusts.
What have previously been referred to as heels or enders. Correct term is "end bits".

Correct term is 'outsiders'.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

There's not much that annoys me more than having to throw food out. If you have chicken breasts and aren't sure when you are going to eat them just put them in the freezer. Wouldn't want anyone having to go through what I did last night.

On the plus side, at least your fat mess of a bird never ate them.

7 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Absolutely this!