First World Problems

I get mine to scrub the bathroom floor while I'm having a dump. Costs a bit extra.

Terrible, that. You're supposed to be taking care of your poor old maw, too.

I don't like any Italian food - pasta and pizza don't do it for me at all. I would happily eat meat and veg/rice/chips every day for the rest of my life.

What about alphabetti spaghetti?

The only pasta dish I enjoy is a good Spag Bol tbh. Also cos I'm a veggy there will be no pets involved (crispy or medium rare).

Grimbo

• 3 weeks later...

The state of some of the pavements in Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy is a disgrace, they should all be tarred over if the council can't keep the paving slabs from being trip hazards.

Those c***s in Aleppo don't know the half of it.

The state of some of the pavements in Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy is a disgrace, they should all be tarred over if the council can't keep the paving slabs from being trip hazards.

Those c***s in Aleppo don't know the half of it.

^^^ lives in link street

• 2 months later...

There is a car across the road from mine and the alarm goes off on it almost every day. Quite often it happens just after i have gone to bed and very early in the morning as well. I have never actually seen the car as theres a building in the way of it but i can hear it loud and clear. I am not sure how long this has been going on for, maybe about 6 months but this is surely a matter for the police to deal with as it must disturb a good few dozen people on a regular basis. 

On 8/10/2016 at 18:59, throbber said:

There is a car across the road from mine and the alarm goes off on it almost every day. Quite often it happens just after i have gone to bed and very early in the morning as well. I have never actually seen the car as theres a building in the way of it but i can hear it loud and clear. I am not sure how long this has been going on for, maybe about 6 months but this is surely a matter for the police to deal with as it must disturb a good few dozen people on a regular basis. 

My computer has decided only to type italics from now on, I've tried  CTRL i but it doesn't work so I'm not being ironic. I was a bit surprised to find out my 2012 car doesn't have an alarm, it has an immobiliser which makes it almost as tricky to steal but doesn't annoy the neighbours. Cars with noisy alarms have a thing where if they're towed away the alarm switches off, so if you're getting desperate and you've a few purloined bricks left from your site, get a mate or hire a jakey to help you lift the back end of the car in question, and stick it back on 3 or 4 bricks each wheel. Sweet dreams!

• 1 month later...

I've had to rebuild my laptop at work after it had a Heads Gone moment.  Not only is it a pain in the fucking arse and takes ages, but the default web browser that the company uses is IE.  I had Chrome on it before (which I had to download on the sly at home because the works LAN blocks the download) but for the rest of the day until I can get it up the road I have to make do with IE 11.

Those folk in Syria think they've got it bad.

On way back from my holidays, the bus was meant to pick us up from our hotel between 840-855 and we were in lobby for 830, a bus came and a few folk got on but we assumed it was ours as was far too early. Then one came slightly later than 855 that we thought was ours but our rep who had just shown up told us it was for flights to Birmingham only and we had missed Our bus and would need a taxi! So our bus was earlier than it said, there was no marking on the side and no rep there to make sure we got on the bus ok and no one there to take names down. This rep told us we had missed out bus and would need to fork out 30 euros for taxi.

At airport now and need to wait for over an hour, there is no bar and nowhere to sit. Some selfish b*****ds are hogging two seats or have their bags sat next to them so no one else can sit down! There is one guy deliberately sat in between two seats despite not even being fat. A truly awful day so far and will probably only get worse.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

On way back from my holidays, the bus was meant to pick us up from our hotel between 840-855 and we were in lobby for 830, a bus came and a few folk got on but we assumed it was ours as was far too early. Then one came slightly later than 855 that we thought was ours but our rep who had just shown up told us it was for flights to Birmingham only and we had missed Our bus and would need a taxi! So our bus was earlier than it said, there was no marking on the side and no rep there to make sure we got on the bus ok and no one there to take names down. This rep told us we had missed out bus and would need to fork out 30 euros for taxi.

At airport now and need to wait for over an hour, there is no bar and nowhere to sit. Some selfish b*****ds are hogging two seats or have their bags sat next to them so no one else can sit down! There is one guy deliberately sat in between two seats despite not even being fat. A truly awful day so far and will probably only get worse.

throbber, I'm certainly not advocating that you kill them all, as that would be massively irresponsible.

But you should definitely kill them all, throbber.  All of them.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

What was the rep doing when the first bus arrived? Other than being a complete walloper like most reps.

He wasn't there when it arrived/left! My gf was filling out a review inside the hotel and we looked outside and the bus was there but 15 minutes earlier than it said. We were waiting outside from about 840 onward and he rocked up about 850 to see the other guests there onto the bus but told us we had missed ours and would need a taxi.