First World Problems

They will be receiving at least minimum wage so at pad for the job they do. Tipping seems to be expected which is a load of shite!

It's the easiest jobs that seem to expect to get tipped as well: taking plates to a table, sitting on your arse driving a taxi, taking takeaway food to someone's door, cleaning bins/windows. Tipped because they are in a menial job with shit wages? That's not my problem m8. If anyone should be tipped it should be nurses and emergency service workers.

Saturday past when my eldest was at his golf lesson at the local driving range I decided to hit 100 balls myself.

Tipped my balls into the left handers bay (I'm right handed) and stood about like a total p***k whilst one of the staff had to lift up the mat and fish my balls out of the auto tee.

It's the easiest jobs that seem to expect to get tipped as well: taking plates to a table, sitting on your arse driving a taxi, taking takeaway food to someone's door, cleaning bins/windows. Tipped because they are in a menial job with shit wages? That's not my problem m8. If anyone should be tipped it should be nurses and emergency service workers.

Granted, you have a point, these folk are aware of their wages before accepting the job, however if it wasn't for tips you'd have fewer folk willing to do the job for minimum wage, which would mean bars and restaurants having to pay higher wages to make sure you're not served by folk too inferior, which would mean you paying a higher price for your goods.

Anyway, it's accepted that those who tip well get better service. I'll continue swanning up to bars and being looked after immediately while you cry into your empty pint glass* and complain about having to wait.

*There are other types of drinks containers available for you to cry into depending on your tastes.

Anyway, I got up this morning and went to have a shower, only to find that there was no hot water. I don't mind a cold shower after I have been out for a run or on the bike, but first thing in the morning it's just not right. It's no wonder that in days gone past, the majority of folk were f*cking stinking.

They go through your pockets when you are indisposed anyway. Why do you think you're told not to take valuables to hospital? Thieving, sub human scum, the lot of them.

They go through your pockets when you are indisposed anyway. Why do you think you're told not to take valuables to hospital? Thieving, sub human scum, the lot of them.

That's because no-one tips them.

I'm getting surgery in a couple of weeks. Should I tip first to make sure they try? Or wait to see if they get it right and I survive? Do I tip them all or just trust the surgeon to divvy up?

Promise them all a tip if they do a good job, that way they will be extra careful to make sure they do a good job. After the op you can be guaranteed your new vagina will be perfect.

Whether you then follow through on your promise of a tip is up to you. Or you could make a joke about how they took your tip during the op.

Promise them all a tip if they do a good job, that way they will be extra careful to make sure they do a good job. After the op you can be guaranteed your new vagina will be perfect.

Whether you then follow through on your promise of a tip is up to you. Or you could make a joke about how they took your tip during the op.

I'm taking that home for under my pillow.

It's the easiest jobs that seem to expect to get tipped as well: taking plates to a table, sitting on your arse driving a taxi, taking takeaway food to someone's door, cleaning bins/windows. Tipped because they are in a menial job with shit wages? That's not my problem m8.

Why do people not tip workers in "restaurants" such as McDonalds and the like when they too are on shite wages and a menial job ? I have no opinion on the issue at all really but just a thought, and no I don't work in one of these places before anyone starts!!

Why do people not tip workers in "restaurants" such as McDonalds and the like when they too are on shite wages and a menial job ? I have no opinion on the issue at all really but just a thought, and no I don't work in one of these places before anyone starts!!

Probably because for the privelege of eating in their 'restaurants', McDonalds and the like allow you to clear your own table. In these circumstances you should tip yourself. Around 10% of the cost of your meal is about right.

If anyone should be tipped it should be nurses and emergency service workers.

I gave a nurse a tip one night - £20 if I remember correctly. She had just revived me with some sort of adrenaline shot to the back of my knee and I was totally euphoric and buzzing.

Probably because for the privelege of eating in their 'restaurants', McDonalds and the like allow you to clear your own table. In these circumstances you should tip yourself. Around 10% of the cost of your meal is about right.

Barbers expecting a tip really fucks me off! I've just paid you £9 for 15 minutes work and you are surprised I want my fucking change!? b*****ds.

I love paying for meals in a restaurant by card! That look on their greedy faces as you take the card out is priceless!

Just to add I work as a sales developer for a wholesale company. Not the greatest job but requires a talent and a shit load of hard work to succeed. My brother used to work in roos leap and his tips alone each week weren't that far off my salary! For carrying plates! Scandalous!

Barbers expecting a tip really fucks me off! I've just paid you £9 for 15 minutes work and you are surprised I want my fucking change!? b*****ds.

I love paying for meals in a restaurant by card! That look on their greedy faces as you take the card out is priceless!

Just to add I work as a sales developer for a wholesale company. Not the greatest job but requires a talent and a shit load of hard work to succeed. My brother used to work in roos leap and his tips alone each week weren't that far off my salary! For carrying plates! Scandalous!

I'd cut my own hair if I were you. Sounds like a well easy job that shouldn't require a living wage.

Might want to swap jobs with your brother too. Comparable salary for easier work that requires no talent? No brainer.

I never used to tip, but after I went out with a girl who had spent her whole working life waiting tables and serving folk I changed my mind, they do get paid really shit for what they have to do (talking about people in restaraunts and bars here only) and if you throw in a couple of quid it won't matter much to you but it'll all mount up to a lot for them by the end of the night

They do wait for folks every need, and even though you yourself might not be a demanding customer there's a lot of c***s out there who treat them like total shite

Always throw in a couple of quid, when you're paying £30 quid for a meal it's easy enough to spare