5 more years of the Tories

FlyerTon

A lot of evidence to say there are a fair number of SNP who are more concerned with independence than social justice. Fair to say?

SNP members? SNP officials? SNP elected representatives? SNP voters?

I think we will be talking the talk in Westminster without necessarily walking the walk in Holyrood. I also think/hope that will change as more of the newer members get involved.

IMO an independent Scotland will be a far more socially just country than the UK will ever be. So meanwhile ends justifying means, etc.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a 'once in a generation' vote last year. 55% said no. And business opposed the SNP root and branch, and still do, The business people I met last year who were remotely soft on independence all accepted it would mean years of hardship, very likely in the Euro which means no fiscal control and higher costs for export businesses.

Social growth sounds like spending and benefits to me. Scotland has plenty of that already but you want more. Where the money is coming from, who knows.

More time between independence referendum than the length of time Farage kept away from UKIP Leadership. :lol:

I'm amazed with the amount of p***ks around here who are admitting to voting Tory and are some of the first people to go onto the towns Facebook campaign pages moaning on about cuts, ambulance services, poor grass cutting, potholes.... and on and on. Like there's no link. If you vote Tory because you believe in their policies then fair enough, but don't cry when their cuts are hitting them.

The worst is some guy who I came across in my old job who greeted on and on about the bedroom tax, kicked off when he didn't get a DHP, and he's swanning around at the Tory celebration party and standing outside polling stations with the blue rosette on.

I'm just assuming they zone in on one issue like Europe or immigration, or stopping the Labour/SNP thing and just ignore everything else. Either that or they just feel important in the company of Trevelyan.

I'm amazed with the amount of p***ks around here who are admitting to voting Tory and are some of the first people to go onto the towns Facebook campaign pages moaning on about cuts, ambulance services, poor grass cutting, potholes.... and on and on. Like there's no link. If you vote Tory because you believe in their policies then fair enough, but don't cry when their cuts are hitting them.

The worst is some guy who I came across in my old job who greeted on and on about the bedroom tax, kicked off when he didn't get a DHP, and he's swanning around at the Tory celebration party and standing outside polling stations with the blue rosette on.

I'm just assuming they zone in on one issue like Europe or immigration, or stopping the Labour/SNP thing and just ignore everything else. Either that or they just feel important in the company of Trevelyan.

I'm sorry that's a bit harsh. Nobody deserves a Tory government.

You should be applauding the dude for voting on his principals and not what deadbeat party is going to give him most benefits.

Yeah we don't care about Berwick, take it to the shitty English towns that voted Tory forum.

It wasn't really for the benefit of a xenophobic troll like yourself tbh.

It wasn't really for the benefit of a xenophobic troll like yourself tbh

Changed it. You'll have to explain why I'm xenophobic though, are you particularly bothered what government a town in Denmark has? So don't start your pish with me.

You should be applauding the dude for voting on his principals and not what deadbeat party is going to give him most benefits.

Applauded for complaining when the cuts hit him, but backing the party that is inflicting them? He's a hypocrite in my opinion. Happy to sit back and support a party delivering the cuts but kicking off when it effects him. He wants a punch, never mind applause.

Changed it. You'll have to explain why I'm xenophobic though, are you particularly bothered what government a town in Denmark has? So don't start your pish with me.

If someone Danish came on here and explained how their governments policies were effecting them, or their town, then I would be interested as I studied politics at uni, including Western European politics. At worst, I would read and let it pass without comment. I wouldn't tell him to f**k off back to a Danish forum, because I'm not a bitter xenophobic trolling c**t tbh.

If someone Danish came on here and explained how their governments policies were effecting them, or their town, then I would be interested as I studied politics at uni, including Western European politics. At worst, I would read and let it pass without comment. I wouldn't tell him to f**k off back to a Danish forum, because I'm not a bitter xenophobic trolling c**t tbh.

:lol: And a citizen of the world too. But why would a Danish person do that? Why does an English person come onto a Scottish forum to moan about English people voting in an English party to govern an English town?

Being polite about it, we don't give a shit. People who vote Tory get what they deserve, and we are now entering a parliament that will see us have 43 years of Tory rule out of 60 years when we have voted Tory a grand total of zero times in that period. So cry me a river.

:lol: And a citizen of the world too. But why would a Danish person do that? Why does an English person come onto a Scottish forum to moan about English people voting in an English party to govern an English town?

Being polite about it, we don't give a shit. People who vote Tory get what they deserve, and we are now entering a parliament that will see us have 43 years of Tory rule out of 60 years when we have voted Tory a grand total of zero times in that period. So cry me a river.

The thread is '5 more years of the Tories'. This is about the Tories governing the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Whether you like it or not, it still exists so I am commenting on a government that has influence over both England and Scotland. I work in Scotland and live in England, and quite frankly I can talk about what I want and shouldn't need to put up with a xenophobic tosser like you following me round constantly picking at everything I say because of my nationality. It's not even as if you counter my points which would be perfectly valid if you didn't agree, you just spout bile because I'm English and I don't consider myself a nationalist. You should have been banned long ago.

Another thing, Pie and Bovril is a Scottish football forum. One of the teams involved in Scottish football is based in England. You may hate the fact, but there are Scottish football clubs in 60 constituencies, one of them in England.

The thread is '5 more years of the Tories'. This is about the Tories governing the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Whether you like it or not, it still exists so I am commenting on a government that has influence over both England and Scotland. I work in Scotland and live in England, and quite frankly I can talk about what I want and shouldn't need to put up with a xenophobic tosser like you following me round constantly picking at everything I say because of my nationality. It's not even as if you counter my points which would be perfectly valid if you didn't agree, you just spout bile because I'm English and I don't consider myself a nationalist. You should have been banned long ago.

Another thing, Pie and Bovril is a Scottish football forum. One of the teams involved in Scottish football is based in England. You may hate the fact, but there are SPFL clubs in 60 constituencies, one of them in England.

You need to look up a definition of xenophobia. I don't care about England , that doesn't mean I hate it I just don't care, same as I don't care about France or Poland. So if you are going to accuse me of being xenophobic you're going to have to back that up.

You oppose Scottish nationalism and are on here every day posting in opposition to it purely because of your nationality, so don't give me your pish about me being the identity nationalist its you that's guilty of that. You come on here raging at us for thinking of our country as a country, and don't expect some people to take issue with you. Its breathtakingly arrogant.

I don't give a shit about Berwick being in the Scottish leagues, I'm not an identity nationalist like you, once again you are assigning views to me which I do not hold. I don't give a shit about Berwick either way.

No problem, so long as you stop telling us what we can and can't think of our country.

And of course, you will afford the sane courtesy to British citizens wishing to talk about their country.

I would argue the same about young people moaning about the tories shutting down mines that are around 20-25 years old. These little shits wouldn't last a minute down a mind shaft and are far too cosy in their call centres and their art classes coming home clean and dry.

I would argue the same about young people moaning about the tories shutting down mines that are around 20-25 years old. These little shits wouldn't last a minute down a mind shaft and are far too cosy in their call centres and their art classes coming home clean and dry.

Or to put it another way:

Fucking young people learning about history.

Look at them with their shite jobs which has nothing to do with the closure of heavy industries in this country. No sireee

Archived