Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That scenario at the end only becomes a factor if the English electorate vote in an English nationalist party. That's part of your answer/opinion as to how England would react. In my opinion, I don't think England would vote in that kind of party to nearly every constituency. England is too diverse for that. Then you're looking at, would the majority of English people vote for a break up of the Union in your scenario. As I said, it's a diverse country so I don't think they would.
That scenario at the end only becomes a factor if the English electorate vote in an English nationalist party. That's part of your answer/opinion as to how England would react. In my opinion, I don't think England would vote in that kind of party to nearly every constituency. England is too diverse for that. Then you're looking at, would the majority of English people vote for a break up of the Union in your scenario. As I said, it's a diverse country so I don't think they would.
You're talking utter shite. The question was simply what would happen if England got a government that won less than 2% of the available seats in England. I think everyone all know what would happen is the end of the UK.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What points?

How truly fucking difficult is it to understand that you live in a westminister system of first past the post and do not vote for the current ruling party  in large numbers so will not be able to vote them out. 

You had a vote to leave the UK and did not vote for it.

Someone tries to explain the main oppositions problems to getting into power on a thread about the main opposition and the toys come out the cot because you do not have many tory seats to vote out of power? Weapon grade stupidity.

What is someone supposed to say on a thread about the UK wide Labour party? 

I for one will apologise.

Sometimes it’s difficult to remember which thread I’m posting on.

You are quite correct this is a thread regarding the next UK Labour leader.

As such I was going to apologise unreservedly and say that you had won that argument but I read the posts following yours and I’m inclined to agree with some of them.

I’ll call it a draw.

yes, and an observation was made that this demonstrates the absurdity of union and asking why scots should accept this which you are avoiding

britnat Bingo! Comparing Scotland to regions of other countries well done tick that one off your list. I suspect if England was currently being governed by a party with less than 2% of the seats in England the UK would be over before you could sing one verse of rule britannia

Are Newcastle, Manchester and Liverpool countries in a political union? As much as it may bother you, Scotland is. It's not a city. It's not a council ward. It's not a principality. It's a country in a union with its larger neighbour; the type of union that means that larger neighbour chooses its sovereign parliaments. As the man said, do you think England would accept the Scottish electorate choosing its governments if Scotland's population exploded?

I Really don't give a f**k. Once again you compare Scotland to bits of England. When four countries, sort of, are joined together in political union it only matters what happens in each country. does England get the government it votes For? Almost always, Problem? None does Scotland? Usually not, Problem? Yes does that penetrate the brain of a Britnat?

Simpletons

Says the chap whose mathematics are so bad he believes a 3 year old football club can win 50 odd domestic titles.

I’m no sure how that yin slipped in.

Honest :wub:

You're talking utter shite. The question was simply what would happen if England got a government that won less than 2% of the available seats in England. I think everyone all know what would happen is the end of the UK.

A referendum preceded it. You voted to stay in the UK.

You make no point

The point is Scotland voted No to independence nine months before the last general election. As Scottish voters got the election result that the country (the one that voted to stay in) voted for. A large proportion of SNP/independence supporters still refuse to respect their democratic choices. Nicola Sturgeon, rightly, has moved on and is looking to the future whilst they whine and greet about the past.

The point is Scotland voted No to independence nine months before the last general election. As Scottish voters got the election result that the country (the one that voted to stay in) voted for. A large proportion of SNP/independence supporters still refuse to respect their democratic choices. Nicola Sturgeon, rightly, has moved on and is looking to the future whilst they whine and greet about the past.

Some people are good at shifting the goal posts when they don't get what they want.

Some people are good at shifting the goal posts when they don't get what they want.

Some unionists want to shift the goalposts when they do get what they want.

The worst winners in human history.

I do. Scotland has chosen to be governed this way. You're greeting on, but you hold a minority opinion.

I was asking about England and whether there was an equivalency with what Scotland has to accept, perhaps you missed that

AFTER all we were told it'sa partnership of equals, so why Iisn't it governed that way, why don't elections rotate between the four countries of the UK we will elect the UK government one time, then England, then Wales, then no Ireland.

I was asking about England and whether there was an equivalency with what Scotland has to accept, perhaps you missed that

AFTER all we were told it'sa partnership of equals, so why Iisn't it governed that way, why don't elections rotate between the four countries of the UK we will elect the UK government one time, then England, then Wales, then no Ireland.

England has a bigger pollution than Scotland.

what's your Point? We were told partnership of equals family of nations, so why don't all the members of this family of nations havean eequal say in how it's Run?

Unsurprisingly, I think you misunderstood what was meant by equal.

what's your Point? We were told partnership of equals family of nations, so why don't all the members of this family of nations havean eequal say in how it's Run?

Indeed, were we not told to "lead the UK" as opposed to "leave the UK"?

That'll be why the Tories have rejected all 120 amendments by Scottish MPs since last May, then.

So you are advocating disenfranchising large sections of the population for 15 to 20 years. That's not democracy. 

All governments should be elected on the principle of one person, one vote in constituencies of similar size. It's old fashioned but it works. The alternatives are totalitarian or fascist. 

Indeed, were we not told to "lead the UK" as opposed to "leave the UK"?

That'll be why the Tories have rejected all 120 amendments by Scottish MPs since last May, then.

How many of those amendments were on issues that affect England or Wales only? 

So you don't know but will not admit it. 

Unfortunately, the SNP has abandoned its former principled stance on not voting on legislation that directly affects England or Wales only. The SNP's vote to stop England have the same Sunday trading laws as Scotland was shameful. Perhaps if the SNP returned to its pre-2015 practices, the Conservatives might be more co-operative.

So you don't know but will not admit it. 

Unfortunately, the SNP has abandoned its former principled stance on not voting on legislation that directly affects England or Wales only. The SNP's vote to stop England have the same Sunday trading laws as Scotland was shameful. Perhaps if the SNP returned to its pre-2015 practices, the Conservatives might be more co-operative.

Let's face it, if the SNP manifesto included massaging your feet, giving you a weekend at the Playboy mansion and a solid gold statuette of your gentleman parts, you'd still call it SNPbad.

Amirite?

Archived