Holyrood '16 polls and predictions

Crùbag

No. Defence is dealt with at the sovereign state level. You know this.

Of course, under the SNP's proposed don't ask don't tell proposals, there would be nuclear weapons passing through Scottish waters all the time. American and British ones.

So, let's be clear here. Northern Ireland will still be members of rUK, but won't own these "British" weapons, but an independent Scotland outside the UK will?

I find your viewpoint confusing.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Defence is dealt with at the sovereign state level. You know this.

Of course, under the SNP's proposed don't ask don't tell proposals, there would be nuclear weapons passing through Scottish waters all the time. American and British ones.

I'll not have you presuming what I know!

And you know there is a difference in risk between "passing through" and permanently stationed. Still, it's odd that someone should want to compare us in regional or provincial terms. Just the next one up from Northumbria I suppose. Strange position though - don't see Northumbria or Manitoba in the Commonwealth Games or making an arse of a World Cup.

I'll not have you presuming what I know!

And you know there is a difference in risk between "passing through" and permanently stationed. Still, it's odd that someone should want to compare us in regional or provincial terms. Just the next one up from Northumbria I suppose. Strange position though - don't see Northumbria or Manitoba in the Commonwealth Games or making an arse of a World Cup.

You do of course see Sark in the Commonwealth games and the faroes compete in qualifying for the world cup. Try again.

New @YouGov @TheTimes #sp16 poll. Const vote: SNP 49 (-1) Lab 19 (n/c) Con 19 (-1) LD 6 (n/c). Fwork 7-9.3.16

YouGov @TheTimes #sp16 poll. List vote: SNP 43 (+1) Con 19 (-1) Lab 17 (-3) Grn 8 (+2) LD 5 (n/c) UKIP 4 (+1). Fwork 7-9.3.16

I dislike both Labour and the Tories, but really can't take to this 'look how fun she is' Ruth Davidson image that the media are trying to paint up and the thought of her smiling "we are the opposition" puss on the 6th of May in the papers and TV is giving me the boak alone. She's an awful gobshite, and whilst I hope they both get gubbed and ideally the Greens finishing second - not going to happen - I'd prefer to see the Tories failing to live up to their bluster and recent spin before ending up on their usual 15%

Lib Dems hopefully extinct soon, but it seems they are now on their core vote. Been on about 5% for the last while. 

Encouraging for Greens to be doing pretty well, but will they be squeezed on election day for the SNP?

BREAKING: New Holyrood poll

Constituency:

SNP: 49% (-1)

CON: 19% (-1)

LAB: 19% (-)

LDEM: 6% (-)

(via YouGov / 06 - 09 Mar)

BREAKING: New Holyrood Poll

Regional

SNP: 43% (+1)

LAB 17%: (-3)

GRN: 8% (+2)

LDEM: 5% (-)

UKIP: 4% (+1)

Latest poll as seats via @scotlandvotes #SP16

SNP 69

Cons 25

Lab 20

Greens 9

Lib Dems 2

UKIP 0

Drink that in. Labour are heading for 3rd.

Constituency:

Regional

SNP 69

Cons 25

Lab 20

Greens 9

Lib Dems 2

UKIP 0

2 Seats for the Lib Dems :lol:

Labour third :lol:

Glorious.

Constituency:

Regional

SNP 69

Cons 25

Lab 20

Greens 9

Lib Dems 2

UKIP 0

Pleasing

I have to be fair and say I'm an SNP voter but I really liked Nicola Sturgeon's speech today and long-term perspective. I think it will work but I hope that the Yes voters who rushed to join after the referendum are patient enough to wait for the payoff.

I said a few months ago that 20% would be the ceiling for Labour on both votes: I never thought that would prove to be an understatement.

Just fold, you utter busted flush; you have nothing left to give.

What if Labour do come 3rd?  What are their options?  Carry on with the same people making the same tired old noises?  Falling further behind to party obliteration  

Can they change?  Do they want to change? 

Archived