Celtic FC Transfer Thread 2015-16

A great player when on form, always thought he could play at a higher level when I saw him at United but I didn't necessarily mean playing with better players in the same league!

Nicer face to look at than Leigh 'The Goblin' Griffiths so there's that at least.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seethe from some people because he'll be wearing the number 7, or maybe it's the number of games he is banned for biting

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1436446209.542468.jpg

Don't think the No. 7 shirt is as important now tbh. Ffs they gave it Miku, Ciftci can't be worse than him

Think it'll be hard to tell him apart from some of the other thugs playing there. But at least he'll feel right at home :)

And agree, that cause he's now playing for "them" When bitegate finally comes around, he'll probably be found not guilty and apologised to for being victimised over the last 2 seasons

Why is Cifti being slated before he's kicked a ball? Mind boggling stuff. I wouldn't say £1.5 million is crazy for a player of his age. He has something I don't think any of our strikers have so could be a good addition. Time will tell I suppose.

Also the whole Celtic - Dundee Utd feeder club thing smells of hypocrisy. This is the same Dundee Utd taking Queens Park players and making a fortune from them when Queens get pennies in comparison.

I was originally sceptical about the decision to go for Ciftci because of his kick at Scott Brown during the 1-1 draw at Tannadice, but if Ronny and the rest of the squad can get over his actions then I suppose I can too. It's a big challenge for him to come here and screw the nut but hopefully he is up to it. If Griffiths can do then why not Ciftci I suppose? He clearly wants to be here after knocking back offers from England and obviously has confidence in himself by picking number 7.

In terms of ability he was certainly the most impressive striker we faced last season and offers something a bit different from Griffiths, perhaps his physical style would work well in Ronny's system. Probably a smarter decision to go for him than take another chance on someone from abroad only for them to turn out like Bangura, Balde, Pukki et al.

Archived