How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

Another debacle at Edinburgh. 5 flights all arrive at about same time and passport control is bedlam. Not enough staff and couple of automatic scanners not working.

They then decide to put 4 flights worth of luggage on one belt. Kept breaking down as most folk were still waiting to get passport checked so belt was overloaded. An hour and a half after landing before our flights luggage started to appear. 

Edited by FuzzyBear

I’ve never had a problem with Edinburgh airport, but I think this will piss folk off.

Edinburgh airport to introduce non-refundable luggage trolley charge

https://news.stv.tv/east-central/edinburgh-airport-to-introduce-non-refundable-1-luggage-trolley-charge-in-time-for-busy-summer-season

On 20/06/2024 at 09:56, FuzzyBear said:

Another debacle at Edinburgh. 5 flights all arrive at about same time and passport control is bedlam. Not enough staff and couple of automatic scanners not working.

They then decide to put 4 flights worth of luggage on one belt. Kept breaking down as most folk were still waiting to get passport checked so belt was overloaded. An hour and a half after landing before our flights luggage started to appear. 

Passport control was fine when we arrived yesterday morning, but waited about 40mins for our luggage. No other flights at the same time so f**k knows what the delay was. 

Then a further hour to get out the hire car section as the traffic was at a standstill due to the Highland Show traffic. 

Had to get a tram & train home from EDI yesterday.

Wouldn't let me buy an e-ticket (that's on Scotrail) but the self service ticket machine is conveniently located in fucking departures for some reason which you wouldn't know until you had already been out to the tram machines and had to ask.

18 hours ago, Swarley said:

Passport control was fine when we arrived yesterday morning, but waited about 40mins for our luggage. No other flights at the same time so f**k knows what the delay was. 

Then a further hour to get out the hire car section as the traffic was at a standstill due to the Highland Show traffic. 

Whose genius idea was it to route all traffic to a show through an airport? 

On 22/06/2024 at 07:39, Newbornbairn said:

Whose genius idea was it to route all traffic to a show through an airport? 

It's located at Ingliston next to the airport. Would guess that the main roads were blocked/queued with traffic heading into the Show which in turn was not allowing traffic to exit the airport onto those main roads. 

Flew Edinburgh to Cologne last Thursday then Dusseldorf to Edinburgh yesterday. Security queues at Dusseldorf on way home tiny compared to Edinburgh on way out,  passport control on arrival in Cologne seamless and efficecient compared to large queues at Edinburgh and surprise surprise on arrival at Edinburgh airport there was firstly no one ready to allow us to exit the flight before after 20 minute wait we were finally told we used all had to use 1 exit at the front. 

On 24/06/2024 at 16:17, Swarley said:

It's located at Ingliston next to the airport. Would guess that the main roads were blocked/queued with traffic heading into the Show which in turn was not allowing traffic to exit the airport onto those main roads. 

Get the Tory fermers festival to f**k, have it in Perth or somewhere rather than fucking up the main transport structure every year.

Drove down to Edinburgh last week and all traffic was routed into the airport as the shitey wee side road to Ingliston was closed for some unknown reason. What an utter shit show. Luckily I had arrived about 2 hours early so I could get through security and into Spoons for a few scoops.

Anyone that goes to Spoons over All Bar One, in Edinburgh airport, is for the watching. 

ABO much quieter, quicker and the food is better. A Tennents is also cheaper and substantially better. Theres less Old Firm Da’s knocking about too.

Thank me later.

Also, I’ve flown out of Edinburgh airport countless times and never had a single issue. The occasional slight delay with bags but that’s true of any airport. Up the capital!

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Drove down to Edinburgh last week and all traffic was routed into the airport as the shitey wee side road to Ingliston was closed for some unknown reason. What an utter shit show. Luckily I had arrived about 2 hours early so I could get through security and into Spoons for a few scoops.

You had my sympathy right up to the end. 

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

so I could get through security and into Spoons for a few scoops.

^^^

OFTW

11 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Anyone that goes to Spoons over All Bar One, in Edinburgh airport, is for the watching. 

Just back from Krakow.  Flight arrived on time, but then have to wait 15 minutes to get off the plane. Then walk to a pair of closed gates where straight ahead is international arrivals and turn right for domestic. Wait another 10 minutes before someone comes to the door. The guy is not sure which gate to open. "What flight are you ?" "Krakow".  'Good answer" and opens the gate to passport control, and apologises for the delay. 

Welcome to Scotland

Flew from Edinburgh Airport to Southampton on June 20, returning June 30. Whole experience was the worst I’ve ever had. A lot of this is down to Loganair, not the airport, but between the two of them… Firstly, we had booked the flights from Glasgow, not Edinburgh, but Loganair cancelled the Glasgow flight and papped us to Edinburgh - when the Highland Show is on. We had long stay car parking booked, so set off for our 14.35 flight in tons of time. The drive into the airport long stay car park wasn’t too bad, but very slow. As we drove in though, we could see that the issue would be getting the bus from the car park to the terminal, as the traffic going that way was at a standstill. We hope the airport parking buses had another route or something. Nope. Full bus crawled out of the car park and crawled another fifty yards before everyone that could, asked to be let off the bus to walk. We were amongst those. Was a long walk with two suitcases and hand luggage. Across broken surfaces, through the traffic that was stuck going nowhere, and due to bumping the cases up and down kerbs and across potholes, one of the case wheels buckled and broke. Left me with a suitcase that moved like a Mikael Mandron mazy run towards the opposition penalty box. Eventually made it to the airport, knackered already.

Airport was mental. Anyone who knows Edinburgh airport knows that area after you’ve checked in and are heading up the escalator? It’s about ten feet wide at one point. Whoever designed that needs their baws booted, no questions asked. Complete bottleneck. Anyway, we get on our Loganair 14.35 flight, it takes off about 15.00 so we’re away at last. Thirty minutes into the flight, captain comes on - aircraft has developed a technical issue, we’re circling for fifteen minutes to burn fuel, before returning to Edinburgh… don’t need to comment on the reaction from passengers to hearing that. Is this issue serious? Are we in trouble? Clearly couldn’t have been too serious as we made it back. Then we all sit on the tarmac for thirty minutes before an engineer says they need a part which they’ll have driven over from Glasgow. We all get off the plane, are told we’ll get information asap, and will be given £15 vouchers to use in the airport.

At 17.15 now, so we head to the nearest WH Smith to buy a sandwich & drink deal. Sit down and breathe… etc. Lassie in WH Smith says ‘can’t use your voucher here, our scanner to read the barcodes has broken, need to go to the other WH Smith’. Deep breath again, off we go. Into the other WH Smith - lassie there says ‘I don’t know how to do vouchers, can you hold on until I run over to the other WH Smith to ask.’… You’re having a fcuking laugh now, right? Eventually, we do get to buy sandwiches and a drink, use the balance to buy some chocolate, and wait. It is announced that Loganair have fixed the aircraft, they board us - and we sit, and sit… eventually take off 50 minutes after they boarded us all again. Eventually then, we take off again, make it to Southampton, get to the hotel at about 9.30 at night.

Have holiday, return to Southampton airport… Loganair flight eventually takes off two hours late. We land in Edinburgh, sit on the tarmac for 40 minutes - no bus, no ground staff, no-one there to turn on the guidance device. The actual fcuk sake now. Get to terminal, luggage takes another 35 minutes to appear, and once more I’m in charge of the Mikael Mandron suitcase. Thankfully no Highland show now, so make it to the car park OK, throw the suitcases in the car, drive home, unpack, put one suitcase in the garage again, then kick the shite out of Mikael Mandron before getting the kettle on.

Mikael Mandron now rests in a skip at the Cumbernauld refuse site. Our Loganair ‘over three hours late, where’s the compensation’ claim currently rests in their hands.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Flew from Edinburgh Airport to Southampton on June 20, returning June 30. Whole experience was the worst I’ve ever had. A lot of this is down to Loganair, not the airport, but between the two of them… Firstly, we had booked the flights from Glasgow, not Edinburgh, but Loganair cancelled the Glasgow flight and papped us to Edinburgh - when the Highland Show is on. We had long stay car parking booked, so set off for our 14.35 flight in tons of time. The drive into the airport long stay car park wasn’t too bad, but very slow. As we drove in though, we could see that the issue would be getting the bus from the car park to the terminal, as the traffic going that way was at a standstill. We hope the airport parking buses had another route or something. Nope. Full bus crawled out of the car park and crawled another fifty yards before everyone that could, asked to be let off the bus to walk. We were amongst those. Was a long walk with two suitcases and hand luggage. Across broken surfaces, through the traffic that was stuck going nowhere, and due to bumping the cases up and down kerbs and across potholes, one of the case wheels buckled and broke. Left me with a suitcase that moved like a Mikael Mandron mazy run towards the opposition penalty box. Eventually made it to the airport, knackered already.

Airport was mental. Anyone who knows Edinburgh airport knows that area after you’ve checked in and are heading up the escalator? It’s about ten feet wide at one point. Whoever designed that needs their baws booted, no questions asked. Complete bottleneck. Anyway, we get on our Loganair 14.35 flight, it takes off about 15.00 so we’re away at last. Thirty minutes into the flight, captain comes on - aircraft has developed a technical issue, we’re circling for fifteen minutes to burn fuel, before returning to Edinburgh… don’t need to comment on the reaction from passengers to hearing that. Is this issue serious? Are we in trouble? Clearly couldn’t have been too serious as we made it back. Then we all sit on the tarmac for thirty minutes before an engineer says they need a part which they’ll have driven over from Glasgow. We all get off the plane, are told we’ll get information asap, and will be given £15 vouchers to use in the airport.

At 17.15 now, so we head to the nearest WH Smith to buy a sandwich & drink deal. Sit down and breathe… etc. Lassie in WH Smith says ‘can’t use your voucher here, our scanner to read the barcodes has broken, need to go to the other WH Smith’. Deep breath again, off we go. Into the other WH Smith - lassie there says ‘I don’t know how to do vouchers, can you hold on until I run over to the other WH Smith to ask.’… You’re having a fcuking laugh now, right? Eventually, we do get to buy sandwiches and a drink, use the balance to buy some chocolate, and wait. It is announced that Loganair have fixed the aircraft, they board us - and we sit, and sit… eventually take off 50 minutes after they boarded us all again. Eventually then, we take off again, make it to Southampton, get to the hotel at about 9.30 at night.

Have holiday, return to Southampton airport… Loganair flight eventually takes off two hours late. We land in Edinburgh, sit on the tarmac for 40 minutes - no bus, no ground staff, no-one there to turn on the guidance device. The actual fcuk sake now. Get to terminal, luggage takes another 35 minutes to appear, and once more I’m in charge of the Mikael Mandron suitcase. Thankfully no Highland show now, so make it to the car park OK, throw the suitcases in the car, drive home, unpack, put one suitcase in the garage again, then kick the shite out of Mikael Mandron before getting the kettle on.

Mikael Mandron now rests in a skip at the Cumbernauld refuse site. Our Loganair ‘over three hours late, where’s the compensation’ claim currently rests in their hands.

why WH Smith? 

1 hour ago, Pocketman said:

why WH Smith? 

We had a restaurant we love in Southampton booked for later that night. Until it became absolutely clear we weren’t making it, we didn’t want to go for a burger & chips or something, so just wanted something to keep us going. As it turned out, didn’t make the restaurant. Such is life. At least we never crashed over Manchester. ‘Technical fault’. Hurrumph…

On 01/07/2024 at 10:41, pozbaird said:

Parklife!