French Open Tennis

Loki

Great hold.

They should really get the ATP doctors working on the cure for cancer, given how many times they bring Novak back from serious injury within 3 mins.

This break is only helping one of these guys too, and it isn't Andy.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Djokovic was desperate to get off the court there. If this weather doesn't come in the next ten minutes Murray will rightly be raging, that last shot Novak played was a tired one.

Well considering the rain lashing down now. It was the correct decision. It'll be an interesting one tomorrow that's for sure.

Haha presumably they're showing it on ITV2-we've just got back to live shots on Eurosport and we can see the rain. Fair enough.

Murray has to take the advantage here and come out all guns blazing when they get back on the court. Get back to 2-2 having had a rest and you never know!

If you'd offered Murray a one and a half set shoot-out to decide who goes through I'm sure he would have taken that before the match. Djokovic will be annoyed that this match isn't over.

On another point, I've often wondered why they don't start matches earlier on days like this. We've had 7 and a half sets of tennis today and at most we'll get 8 played due to the light. Surely if you're planning the event you allow for two full 5 set matches to be played? What is the problem with just starting an hour or two earlier?

He comes out tomorrow in his favoured position, having to receive the first game in the match. Murray sitting at 64% first serves, and still needs to improve as Djokovic's returning is superb. Djokovic was looking a bit perplexed, and an incredible hold from Murray just before the break. Without the rain Murray may well have taken that set. The match wouldn't have been able to finish anyway, as it was overcast and on a clear night we get play till about 9.30pm (local time).

Both players would have straight setted either of the other players in the other semi final. The level of play in this semi final made the other one look almost amateur.

Hope not but think that's his chance gone

Not sure. I was sure he was out of it at 2 sets down. Now? This comment seems most apt:

If you'd offered Murray a one and a half set shoot-out to decide who goes through I'm sure he would have taken that before the match. Djokovic will be annoyed that this match isn't over.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow.

My bet is that Djokovic will probably take the match pretty quickly. But if Murray can win the 4th set the pressure on Djokovic is going to be intense and anything can happen.

Murray turned absolutely awesome in the 3rd set - from being on the verge of a break point down that would have almost sealed his fate to rallying back to take the set was absolutely breathtaking. Don't think he did a lot wrong in the first set then the second set got away from him and you thought he had no chance but now its all to play for. I think the delay in play will favour Novak although others have said it was good for Murray.

When Murray turns it on Djoko looks rattled but yet pulls the most outrageous shots out of the hat, they are a pair of titans of the sport just now and its so fantastic to watch.

Archived