Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Its going to be fairly close if anything.

If we get relegated it won't be without a bit of a fight now.

Yep, that's how I feel about it too. We looked and were a perma beaten team in January. At least there is a bit of spirit and belief now.

Still inept at times and suffer ssome terrible decision making but they are fighting for it now, which is a huge improvement.

And finally mixu is trying a different formation.

Progress.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Well, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts have picked up more points in the last six games

#Comeback #JacksonsGuarantee

Yep, that's how I feel about it too. We looked and were a perma beaten team in January. At least there is a bit of spirit and belief now.

Still inept at times and suffer ssome terrible decision making but they are fighting for it now, which is a huge improvement.

And finally mixu is trying a different formation.

Progress.

We'll get humped on Tuesday then it's back to square one.

Win on Tuesday you are six behind Hamilton and still to play them. I reckon Killie will finish bottom with Hamilton in the playoff.

I'm not giving up my first class seat on the relegation express quite yet, but if they continue to concentrate ( a big ask when you have gunning in the team ) , show some mental toughness, and commitment, then we have a chance.

And if it all goes tits up, at least we will have rallied at the end of the season and looked hungry for it, rather than have humiliatingly capitulated.

"No fate but what you make". (S. Conner)

I think that's a decent analysis. I've posted a few time about what will happen to all the money we've made. It's clear Thomson saw an opportunity to restock the family finances through future player sales and made the most of it.

Also it answers the question - how do you make money from a football club ? How can there ever be an " investment" in football.

Answer- give a club a loan and have a guaranteed income on that load of 6% over x number of years. Better than most FTST100 companies can offer or indeed any banks.

And he would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids- by that I mean the young uns not stepping up / developing to fill the shoes of those players leaving. ( telfar/Spital/Conolly) The cunning plan comes unstuck with relegation.

Reading that analysis is definitely interesting.

However its actually not all that concerning. At the end of the day the Thompsons have got some of their money back and the loan notes used to clear the bank debt have very nearly had 50% paid off.

It also notes that the operating loss isn't as bad as ST makes out.

Does make you wonder if something is trying to be hidden though.

I think that's a decent analysis. I've posted a few time about what will happen to all the money we've made. It's clear Thomson saw an opportunity to restock the family finances through future player sales and made the most of it.

Also it answers the question - how do you make money from a football club ? How can there ever be an " investment" in football.

Answer- give a club a loan and have a guaranteed income on that load of 6% over x number of years. Better than most FTST100 companies can offer or indeed any banks.

And he would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids- by that I mean the young uns not stepping up / developing to fill the shoes of those players leaving. ( telfar/Spital/Conolly) The cunning plan comes unstuck with relegation.

Have you deliberately got every players' name wrong?

Also, where do you think that money is coming from, incidentally? You seem to be suggesting something underhand. Unless there's a deliberate fraud then those losing money in your scenario are clearly idiots with more money than sense (in which case: f**k 'em/ hell mend them - delete as applicable).

For the sake of argument, let's say the Thompsons own the club (you're not suggesting a fraud on the shareholders I don't think) - they therefore own the assets and the income - anyone else putting money into the club is either a lender or an investor and should be able to look after him/herself.

Equally, the counter is true - it's their business - don't come whining to me when things go wrong.

If we'd taken a point last night, I'd have thought the great escape was possible.  But not now. Not so much because of the lost point but because we couldn't put the chances away in the first half.  

We might still overtake Killie but only because they're in free-fall and I can see us picking up a point a game after the split.  But we'd suffer when we come up against an in-form side in the play-off final.

Have you deliberately got every players' name wrong?

Also, where do you think that money is coming from, incidentally? You seem to be suggesting something underhand. Unless there's a deliberate fraud then those losing money in your scenario are clearly idiots with more money than sense (in which case: f**k 'em/ hell mend them - delete as applicable).

For the sake of argument, let's say the Thompsons own the club (you're not suggesting a fraud on the shareholders I don't think) - they therefore own the assets and the income - anyone else putting money into the club is either a lender or an investor and should be able to look after him/herself.

Equally, the counter is true - it's their business - don't come whining to me when things go wrong.

Spelling pedant found.

Not suggesting anything underhand or fraud etc. I thought the analysis answered a few outstanding questions. The club have made a bit of money from player sales, what is the club going to do with it? The majority shareholder is going to replenish family funds previously invested in the club. I was a bit unsure as to whether this was possible, It would seem that it is. As you say, they own the assets and income, so why wouldn't you? I don't have an axe to grind about it, but I think it's fair to say a few folk do.

Re the investment, it's a pragmatic decision to get the banks of your bank and be " debt free" . The catch is part of the deal is you can't pay these soft loans back early otherwise the investor doesn't make the agreed amount of return on the loan. All of this is fine as long as you can guarantee a steady income stream, which relegation puts into doubt.

That's it really.

Think a lot of this chat is very premature. Saturday is massive, United need to win, I don't think St Johnstone will get beat. That would take it to 2-3 points going into the bottom 6 games, pretty sure United would've taken that 2 month ago when they were 12/13 points off.

Archived