Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Muirhead and Pongolle played 70mins for Development team today, Pongolle on score sheet.

I see there was also a Souttar on United's teamsheet.  I could go for the easy "Soapy?" gag or ask seriously if he's related to John.  Soapy?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, because Neanderthals were associated with mock outrage. :rolleyes:

Your sentence doesn't even make sense you absolute walloper.

The only one looking like a walloper is you.

Please don't take this the wrong way but being a fanny isn't a mental health problem. It might be a personality disorder but that's really not the same thing at all.

For what it's worth, I spent 15 years working in a Law Centre in an area of multiple deprivation. A high proportion of my clients had genuine and profound mental health problems. I agree that it's no laughing matter. That's quite distinct from bring an immature manchild like Gunning though and you're doing no one any favours by conflating the two.

Given that personality disorders are a mental health problem, if not as such a mental illness, this post is totally irrelevant. If Gunning had a personality disorder every single one of the words I said would stand. He did not walk off the field of play with the ball "because he's an arsehole".

Does Ad Lib just try and ruin threads now?

I'm not trying to "ruin" the thread. Mental health is an important issue and the negative and ill-informed attitudes of people who don't understand it properly are deeply damaging to those who have mental health problems. People shouldn't just stand back while those who obviously need professional help are casually made-fun-of for what looks on the face of it like a breakdown.

I see there was also a Souttar on United's teamsheet. I could go for the easy "Soapy?" gag or ask seriously if he's related to John. Soapy?

That would be Harry Soutter, John's brother. A lad 7ft tall that was constructed in a lab by John Soutter and Darren Jacksons barber.

I genuinely thought that was a joke. Is there any evidence that he done this?

My pal claimed it to be true, he's at a lot of U-20 matches and said gunning was doing it there, I've certainly no reason to doubt him like.

It's pretty clear to anyone with even the vaguest experience of this kind of stuff that that kind of incident is indicative of mental health issues.

I really don't think talking about him being a "spineless coward", a "nutjob", a "fucking screwball" and "jacking it in" is very helpful.

Our society is absolutely dreadful at sensitively dealing with especially men's mental health issues. Of course on a superficial level it's mildly amusing that a guy has picked up the ball and just walked off the pitch, but people here are quite literally laughing at him losing his job.

^nutter

Given that personality disorders are a mental health problem, if not as such a mental illness, this post is totally irrelevant. If Gunning had a personality disorder every single one of the words I said would stand. He did not walk off the field of play with the ball "because he's an arsehole".

"Given that ... ". Nope, not accepting that premise.

You can reduce every anti-social behaviour to a pathology if you're absolutely determined to do so. It does rather undermine those who have a genuine illness however if you equate being a p***k to being sick and makes constructive discussion on the subject pointless. Out of interest Ad Lib, where does your special insight come from? What's your qualification, other than being a failed politician?

You can reduce every anti-social behaviour to a pathology if you're absolutely determined to do so. It does rather undermine those who have a genuine illness however if you equate being a p***k to being sick and makes constructive discussion on the subject pointless. Out of interest Ad Lib, where does your special insight come from? What's your qualification, other than being a failed politician?

He was a Lib Dem candidate - of course he knows what it takes to be a nutjob

Other than the incident on Saturday - how did people know Gunning was always a mentalist? Was there anything notable I missed?

It just seemed to be accepted that he was, 'mentally fragile' but there wasn't any obvious examples, at least that I noticed.

He spent a couple of moments in conversation with Saints fans at our recent game, while the game was going on around him  :lol:

In his first spell he regularly backheel the ball back to the keeper despite the fact we were leading comfortably and their were only a few minutes remaining.

He spent a couple of moments in conversation with Saints fans at our recent game, while the game was going on around him  :lol:

In his first spell he regularly backheel the ball back to the keeper despite the fact we were leading comfortably and their were only a few minutes remaining.

The fucks up with my spelling/grammar in this post. Jesus christ.

My pal claimed it to be true, he's at a lot of U-20 matches and said gunning was doing it there, I've certainly no reason to doubt him like.

My friend also confirmed hearing Gunning do this during an U-20 match for United. Initially mistaking it as Gunning talking the other centre half through the game.

I have personal experience of mental health issues as do several members of my immediate and extended family. And I know from that experience that the behaviour displayed by Gavin Gunning during that football match is strongly indicative of problems that require help from a health professional.

Even if it were to turn out that there's absolutely nothing wrong with Gavin Gunning and that he's literally just done it for no reason at all, vanishingly unlikely as that is, the mere fact that there is a reasonable prospect that he could have mental health problems and that this was a manifestation of them means that people shouldn't revel in his dismissal or say things and use language which diminishes and dismisses sufferers from mental health problems.

I have personal experience of mental health issues as do several members of my immediate and extended family. And I know from that experience that the behaviour displayed by Gavin Gunning during that football match is strongly indicative of problems that require help from a health professional.

Even if it were to turn out that there's absolutely nothing wrong with Gavin Gunning and that he's literally just done it for no reason at all, vanishingly unlikely as that is, the mere fact that there is a reasonable prospect that he could have mental health problems and that this was a manifestation of them means that people shouldn't revel in his dismissal or say things and use language which diminishes and dismisses sufferers from mental health problems.

Gotcha. So not qualified at all then, personality disorder notwithstanding.

Biggest pile of shite I've read in a long time.

Our society is absolutely dreadful at sensitively dealing with especially men's mental health issues. Of course on a superficial level it's mildly amusing that a guy has picked up the ball and just walked off the pitch, but people here are quite literally laughing at him losing his job.

I don't think he'll be grateful for you calling him a loony.

Archived