Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reflecting on last night and the season, if I was in charge and given a moderate budget in order to shift some shite then the following would happen - 

OUT

Kawashima - Decent enough but we can't afford him.

Dixon - He's done.

Morris - Too injury prone.

McKay - Sent back to Wigan and never to be seen again.

Ofere - Total horseshit (barring a ten minute spell in the second half last night).

Erskine - Gone already.

Knoyle - Sent back to West Ham and never to be seen again.

Spittal - I've never really liked Spittal and despite showing flashes of great ability I would get rid.

Szromnik - Go away.

Bodul - No explanation needed.

Sinama Pongolle and Demel - These two sum up Mixu for me, please leave now.

Paton - Sorry, for me he needs to leave.

Rankin - I'm a Rankin fan but he has ran his race and although his caring attitude is commendable (I even clapped it), we need freshness around the squad.

KEEP

Let's get this out the way...Dillon - I know, I know. BUT I would keep him solely as a squad player/backup who can be used alongside the coaches to work with the Development Squad and continue the stuff he does for the club off the park. 

Zwick - Seen enough to rate him as a decent prospect but he needs an experienced keeper alongside him in the squad.

Dow - If we can get him a contract I'd keep him. I think he would do well in the Championship and get around the 10 goals mark.

Murray - Limited ability but the type of player that can change the dynamic of a tactic with his running the channels and pressurising the defence.

Durnan - Despite being very, very inconsistent this year he has already proven himself at Championship level.

Donaldson - There is a decent ball playing defender in Donaldson and I think he might still come good.

Fraser - Still think there's something about him. Playing as a number 10 in a good system and I think he becomes a pretty effective player.

Telfer - Like Fraser there might still be something there and he too (despite going missing for large spells in games) might turn into a decent number 10.

Anier - Would like to think he would get 10-15 goals in the Championship. 

In terms of first team players thats it for me (and even then I'm clutching at straws). 

I wouldnt be surprised to see Bodul get some game time in the last three games. Been hearing he looks great in training but Mixu had a personal issue with him for some reason

I wouldnt be surprised to see Bodul get some game time in the last three games. Been hearing he looks great in training but Mixu had a personal issue with him for some reason

I've heard that Bodul is our highest paid player. I wouldn't be surprised. Any truth in this?

After reflecting on last night and the season, if I was in charge and given a moderate budget in order to shift some shite then the following would happen - 

OUT

Paton - Sorry, for me he needs to leave.

Rankin - I'm a Rankin fan but he has ran his race and although his caring attitude is commendable (I even clapped it), we need freshness around the squad.

I think we need to keep these two. In Rankin's case I would like to see him take some player/coach role. 

:lol:

Will you never learn??!!

:lol:

Although hes under contract Paton is a GTF for me. He's garbage. Cant control or pass the ball. He's a kiddy on hard man and goes for the youngest kid on the pitch like last night. Nah, sorry. Rankin is the better option.

Eta I'd bin Dow too. Too lightweight and bullied way too easily. And is shite.

Durnan, Rankin, Paton, Anier.

There's your championship spine there.

They've all been there. They've all done it.

Time for the DAB arrogance to stop, yes the above are limited players but you are a championship club and these are good championship players.

We won that league with Gary Irvine, declan gallacher, Jim Mcallister and Peter macdonald as our spine.

You'll need a goalkeeper IMO then add to that spine with what you can.

Your faith in Darko "the dud" Bodul.

Where am i displaying any faith exactly? Im just passing on things i hear from people around the club. I wouldnt be putting any money on Bodul being the one to drag us back up to the Premiership however if hes under contract for another season and hes taking a wage, we would be as well using him

Where am i displaying any faith exactly? Im just passing on things i hear from people around the club. I wouldnt be putting any money on Bodul being the one to drag us back up to the Premiership however if hes under contract for another season and hes taking a wage, we would be as well using him

He's your tankulic. All style no substance.

Obv he's not shagging every bird in Dundee like the Tank was though as he's an ugly DAB.

Durnan, Rankin, Paton, Anier.

There's your championship spine there.

They've all been there. They've all done it.

Time for the DAB arrogance to stop, yes the above are limited players but you are a championship club and these are good championship players.

We won that league with Gary Irvine, declan gallacher, Jim Mcallister and Peter macdonald as our spine.

You'll need a goalkeeper IMO then add to that spine with what you can.

There be a vacancy soon.

Just saying.

You spend so much time analysing United you might as well get paid for it

You honestly think that legalities are the reason there's been no news about mixu ?

You don't need to sort out legalities to sack someone

You do if you want to get rid of someone as cheaply as possible. Does saving money sound like it would come in to Thompson's thinking when it comes to appointing / sacking a manager?

Where are we finding the money to pay off the likes of Dixon, Paton and Bodul?

Personally I'm not sure, which is why I added in the "ideal scenario" disclaimer in my squad summary.

There be a vacancy soon.

Just saying.

You spend so much time analysing United you might as well get paid for it

It's literally taken 5 minutes to pick out a decent championship spine.

I benefit from lacking the hysteria and delusion that Utd fans bring to the table.

If it's any consolation as soon as GTF day comes and goes you'll be seeing a lot less of me.

Archived