Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen Thompson's statement hits all the right notes. Hopefully he will get the opportunity to follow through on his objectives without too many nutters from the supporters' clubs trying to rock the boat.

Hopefully punting Mixu will buy him a bit of time, though it probably will not buy him much good faith.

Do you think the United job is less attractive than Dunfermilne, Raith, Killie or Hamilton if they go down, St Mirren?

It will appeal to a number of potential managers many of whom will be a better choice than Mixu..

I guess it comes down to the calibre of candidate we want. Any number of mangers would be interested in the United job, but they have to have the experience/ nouce to to oversee a major squad overhaul, a recalibration of the youth system, and perhaps the coaching set up, with the knowledge that the chairman may be looking for a way out. Is that too big a job for an up and coming manager? Levein managed something similar and he had a lot of experience under his belt. That's the way I think we need to go, but who is out there that will go for it?

I'm pretty sure twinkles on the verge of an aneurysm somewhere

:lol: not quite mate though that statement from the Chairman is hilarious bad. The problem seems to be that the ridiculous is now becoming the norm for us

I guess it comes down to the calibre of candidate we want. Any number of mangers would be interested in the United job, but they have to have the experience/ nouce to to oversee a major squad overhaul, a recalibration of the youth system, and perhaps the coaching set up, with the knowledge that the chairman may be looking for a way out. Is that too big a job for an up and coming manager? Levein managed something similar and he had a lot of experience under his belt. That's the way I think we need to go, but who is out there that will go for it?

At the risk of stating the obvious, the next managerial appointment will be crucial. And by Christ it's as much luck as it is judgement. Remember how convinced Eddie Thompson was that McCall was the right man?

I see the argument for bringing in a more experienced coach but I think we need to gamble a wee bit; Ray McKinnon seems a decent choice if we can persuade him to take the job.

Archived