Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone catch Mixu's interview on the radio? Blamed everyone but himself. He's desperate to keep the job but is absolutely part of the problem. Thing is who's going to come in and take the job on, given the state we're in? And also give STs statements about the budget next year.

The senior players have absolute let us down, Dillon, Ranks, Pates, Dixon, McKay. The youngsters have their issues, but we need a new spine to the team that can actually pass the ball and concentrate for 90 minutes. That's a big job right there.

Anyone catch Mixu's interview on the radio? Blamed everyone but himself. He's desperate to keep the job but is absolutely part of the problem. Thing is who's going to come in and take the job on, given the state we're in? And also give STs statements about the budget next year.

The senior players have absolute let us down, Dillon, Ranks, Pates, Dixon, McKay. The youngsters have their issues, but we need a new spine to the team that can actually pass the ball and concentrate for 90 minutes. That's a big job right there.

Do you think the United job is less attractive than Dunfermilne, Raith, Killie or Hamilton if they go down, St Mirren?

It will appeal to a number of potential managers many of whom will be a better choice than Mixu.

I've said before ST will have to put some more money in if he wants to get his cash out; the least attractive option for him is to have the club languishing in the middle of the Championship.

I had a shit tonne of work to do so I could only watch the last 20 mins, seriously thinking me watching the game had something to do with proceedings.

The worst on the pitch scenario has happened, at the very least it's now over and this will hopefully give us a sense of perspective in years to come.

What it truly should be used as is the justification and motivation to completely gut the club. There are very few who should be spared as a result of tonight and this season as a whole . Least of all the fat controller, the way he scurried up the tunnel at the end summed up the bloated disgrace, he should only be allowed back in to tannadice to pick up his p45, along with all of his duds.

Fair play to anyone who went to the game, especially the bald c**t, unlucky mate

Do you think the United job is less attractive than Dunfermilne, Raith, Killie or Hamilton if they go down, St Mirren?

It will appeal to a number of potential managers many of whom will be a better choice than Mixu.

I've said before ST will have to put some more money in if he wants to get his cash out; the least attractive option for him is to have the club languishing in the middle of the Championship.

Answers in order of paragraphs.

1) It's no less attractive without the perceived expectations, and upcoming budget constraints

2) Agreed

3) Rock (Stephen Thompson ) hard place

4) insert paper and scissors

Just my tuppence worth, which will likely amount to player budget 2016

I suppose we're about to find out if Mixu has a relegation clause in his contract or not, Thompson looked beyond seething at the end.

So, who's out of contract in the summer? Who are we left with? Who is capable of doing a job in the Championship? Do we have any money left for solid signings after spunking so much trying to survive?

I suppose we're about to find out if Mixu has a relegation clause in his contract or not, Thompson looked beyond seething at the end.

So, who's out of contract in the summer? Who are we left with? Who is capable of doing a job in the Championship? Do we have any money left for solid signings after spunking so much trying to survive?

No chance

No c**t

Every c**t

No c**t

Not a fucking penny

Hopefully of course :P

Keep:

Zwick - back up

Paton - captain

Donaldson - starter next season

Rankin - not sure if he'll stay

Murray - bench player

Durnan - this is his level

Spittal - starter next season

Telfer - keep him till December at least see if he's good enough

Fraser - hopefully he's better than tonight's performance

Punt everyone else

Keep:

Zwick - back up

Paton - captain

Donaldson - starter next season

Rankin - not sure if he'll stay

Murray - bench player

Durnan - this is his level

Spittal - starter next season

Telfer - keep him till December at least see if he's good enough

Fraser - hopefully he's better than tonight's performance

Punt everyone else

This post is a pisstake, right?

Or he could cut his losses (obviously not his losses - he's been rather generously compensated for his work at the club) and f**k off now.

I saw it reported the other day that the Thompson family's total spend on the club is now at approximately £4M. Most of that will be accounted for in the purchase of the shares in the first place. If those shares aren't now worth what they paid for them then they've no one to blame but themselves. Eddie Thompson surely didn't think that his family would be making money from the club. He bought himself a few years in the big chair and then passed on a very lucrative career to his son as Chairman of a football club. That's not bad value for £4M. 

Easy for me to say, of course, but I reckon they've had just about as much out of United as they can expect and would do well to leave the scene with a little bit of their dignity intact.

Archived