St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a massive transfer window coming up for your board as well as Rae. It's understandable that you'll want to get rid of as many players as possible, but you could find yourselves struggling to find replacements.

Obviously you're nowhere near as bad as we were two seasons ago but there is a bit of a parallel: we had a new manager come in in December, get through two games, decide the squad was minging based on those games and clear out as many players as possible in January. We released ten & signed nine and we didn't improve at all, in part because if you're turning over that many players in the middle of a season the number of players available are limited and you're scrambling around for anyone at all you can get, inevitably ending up with some utter shite. So there is the risk that you get rid of the likes of Carswell and Howieson only to replace them with players even worse, as hard as you may find it to believe that's possible right now.

Doing that also requires a significant outlay from a board that has long lost interest as they need to pay players off and shell out for the new signings, but they have to weigh up the massive danger here. If you do somehow contrive to be relegated (bearing in mind that you'd have to lose to most likely one of Dunfermline or Ayr over two legs as well as finishing 9th) they are absolutely fucked if they hope to sell the club.

I wonder if "Faz" will be able to keep up his good-guy persona on the social media site when he's receiving furious tweets from Lex after the Buddies' latest defeat to the division's bottom-feeders.

There are some amount of dunderheads within our support, most of them have twitter accounts. Dishing out abuse on twitter to players and inevitably the management team is stupid. Noticed some idiot had done so last night and Langfield had reacted. Completely pointless.

Lex abusing him over 2 accounts just made for absolutely embarrassing viewing.

I wonder if "Faz" will be able to keep up his good-guy persona on the social media site when he's receiving furious tweets from Lex after the Buddies' latest defeat to the division's bottom-feeders.

That definitely won't happen. Only because we ARE the bottom-feeders! :lol:

Farrell was always the 'angry' one of the duo when they were at Dens. I remember him, Dougie Bell and Garry Bollan getting into a proper scrap over the ball away to Clyde once.

He's a different animal to the mild mannered ex-pro giving insights into the game that he's reinvented himself as.

Farrell was always the 'angry' one of the duo when they were at Dens. I remember him, Dougie Bell and Garry Bollan getting into a proper scrap over the ball away to Clyde once.

He's a different animal to the mild mannered ex-pro giving insights into the game that he's reinvented himself as.

The angry one of a duo containing Alex Rae. Ooft. Should be cracking touchline entertainment.

It would make a lovely change from everyone sucking up his arse.

I reckon this job could be the one to make him crack and it could make for some entertaining Twitter viewing. There's only so long he can keep masquerading as the nicest guy in football.

The angry one of a duo containing Alex Rae. Ooft. Should be cracking touchline entertainment.

Haha, that was my thoughts too. A management team where Alex Rae is the good cop should be fun!

It would make a lovely change from everyone sucking up his arse.

I reckon this job could be the one to make him crack and it could make for some entertaining Twitter viewing. There's only so long he can keep masquerading as the nicest guy in football.

He may well be a lovely guy and all that, but I agree, I hope he loses it, throws toys everywhere and goes mental. I've never met him, I don't even follow him on Twitter, but I've just taken a dislike to him for some reason.

Hopefully him and Duffy end up in a scrap on the touchline today.

He may well be a lovely guy and all that, but I agree, I hope he loses it, throws toys everywhere and goes mental. I've never met him, I don't even follow him on Twitter, but I've just taken a dislike to him for some reason.

Hopefully him and Duffy end up in a scrap on the touchline today.

I'm the same, I can't quite put my finger on it but he comes across as a bit of a whopper. His first couple of blogs were genuinely excellent and I think it might have gone to his head. He RTs every single piece of praise that comes his way, be it someone complementing him on his blog or his book, or someone agreeing with a point he's made. Take a look through his favourited tweets, it's a catalogue of egregiousness.

I'm the same, I can't quite put my finger on it but he comes across as a bit of a whopper. His first couple of blogs were genuinely excellent and I think it might have gone to his head. He RTs every single piece of praise that comes his way, be it someone complementing him on his blog or his book, or someone agreeing with a point he's made. Take a look through his favourited tweets, it's a catalogue of egregiousness.

I just went a spent a good ten minutes stalking his Twitter page, it's confirmed what I already thought. I hate him. He's clearly a pretty interesting guy and all, but there's just something instantly unlikeable about him. I think it's to do with how positive and confident he is all the time, and the way that his wee band of followers seem to lap up his every word and all agree in unison.

The I saw this tweet from Hogmanay

Right, who's all given Only an Excuse one last chance and secretly pissing themselves on the couch? Best for years @JohnnieWatson23

It all makes sense now.

Archived